AARs

6 player variant set during the Barbarian invasion of Rome. Each player must seize at least 1 SC or face elimination by the first winter. GM'ed by Morg
3way draw: Alamannii (Vaderi), Saxones (GPD), Vandali (Jordan 767)

Moderator: Morg

AARs

Postby Morg » 05 Oct 2017, 04:43

This is a spot for your to tell your story of what happened and who stabbed who when and for how much.

Game ended in a draw shared by Alamannii, Saxones, & Vandali
"He says there are no easy answers. I say he's not looking hard enough!"
User avatar
Morg
 
Posts: 3105
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 22:50
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1428)
All-game rating: (1561)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: AARs

Postby condude1 » 05 Oct 2017, 05:32

So, this game can be summarized from my standpoint pretty easily. I screwed up royally. After a couple of seasons, I'd managed to get myself a stranglehold on the game, with the perfect start. I messed up big time in negotiations with Jordan - I either didn't persuade him to support me (got out diplomacied), or didn't communicate well enough to co-ordinate our orders well enough, and I lost my footing in Italy. Surprisingly, I still managed to hold on, until a crazy misinterpretation that I'd held the entire game came back to haunt me. For some ungodly reason I'd assumed that the darker borders on the map indicated that armies could travel from one province to the other. I'd assumed that Rot-Lon, Car-Syr, and even Ath-unnamed island-Mil were completely valid. It was only after looking at the position for literally an hour, wondering how on earth vaderi could be so confident he'd ace me out to the Isles that I realized my mistake.

After that, I was doomed. My play had hinged around getting Britain with armies, and once I realized that was impossible, I knew I'd lose on the sea. I managed to survive to the finish through some diplomacy, but that's hardly more than a consolation prize.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.


Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
User avatar
condude1
 
Posts: 7346
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 03:41
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: AARs

Postby Jordan767 » 05 Oct 2017, 05:48

So I screwed up big time early when I stabbed one person year one (mistake--bad diplomatically, also I screwed up the tactics a little bit) then other people got angry about it (unexpected but in hindsight it was kinda obvious). I somehow managed to survive and prosper, working with GPD even though I think he was the guy I stabbed (?), then both in game and due to surrounding circumstances I lost momentum, hence the draw.

Condude--I think one time I misordered then there was once or twice where due to both my own bad timing and others' bad timing all my messaging was happening at deadline. I don't think you ever actually communicated poorly to me. I just had a somewhat bad game collaboration wise.
Silver Classicist.
New(ish) forum mafia player.
Vandali in Imperium
Jordan767
 
Posts: 779
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 06:35
Location: Colorado
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (947)
All-game rating: (958)
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: AARs

Postby condude1 » 05 Oct 2017, 06:43

Jordan767 wrote:So I screwed up big time early when I stabbed one person year one (mistake--bad diplomatically, also I screwed up the tactics a little bit) then other people got angry about it (unexpected but in hindsight it was kinda obvious). I somehow managed to survive and prosper, working with GPD even though I think he was the guy I stabbed (?), then both in game and due to surrounding circumstances I lost momentum, hence the draw.

Condude--I think one time I misordered then there was once or twice where due to both my own bad timing and others' bad timing all my messaging was happening at deadline. I don't think you ever actually communicated poorly to me. I just had a somewhat bad game collaboration wise.


Well, I took the bullet for those miscommunications. With proper communication, I honestly think that by '02 I should have been playing for the solo, with a draw as the worst case. I did plan to stab you, and end up 1v2ing you and vaderi in Italy while I took France and England to myself.

Of course, none of that panned out - I lost my Italian foothold then faded into nothing.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.


Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
User avatar
condude1
 
Posts: 7346
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 03:41
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: AARs

Postby Don Juan of Austria » 05 Oct 2017, 13:03

I plan to post soonish...just have to go look through the maps. But I can say, I also messed up pretty bad.
"In everything, moderation". ~Aristotle
A proud member of the Whippersnappers,
Bronze Classicists,
Lancer in the PBF cavalry.

Ireland in Heptarchy 16!
Don Juan of Toledo in Diplomacy for Dukes and Popes!
User avatar
Don Juan of Austria
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: 19 Feb 2014, 11:50
Location: South Africa, though given to travel
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1047)
All-game rating: (1160)
Timezone: GMT+2

Re: AARs

Postby asudevil » 05 Oct 2017, 14:03

I love how everyone says they messed up...and IM the one who got eliminated in year 0...and didn't even remember playing this game...but YOU guys all messed up...yeah...that sounds right...lol
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
User avatar
asudevil
Premium Member
 
Posts: 16592
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 02:20
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: AARs

Postby Strategus » 05 Oct 2017, 18:45

asudevil wrote:I love how everyone says they messed up...and IM the one who got eliminated in year 0...and didn't even remember playing this game...but YOU guys all messed up...yeah...that sounds right...lol

I think you all messed up, and I had a good game :mrgreen:
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
User avatar
Strategus
 
Posts: 2151
Joined: 30 May 2015, 14:30
Location: England
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1573
All-game rating: 1674
Timezone: GMT

Re: AARs

Postby Don Juan of Austria » 06 Oct 2017, 04:21

asudevil wrote:I love how everyone says they messed up...and IM the one who got eliminated in year 0...and didn't even remember playing this game...but YOU guys all messed up...yeah...that sounds right...lol


Fine, I'll take a little bit of pride that I ended with one center... :oops: :lol:
"In everything, moderation". ~Aristotle
A proud member of the Whippersnappers,
Bronze Classicists,
Lancer in the PBF cavalry.

Ireland in Heptarchy 16!
Don Juan of Toledo in Diplomacy for Dukes and Popes!
User avatar
Don Juan of Austria
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: 19 Feb 2014, 11:50
Location: South Africa, though given to travel
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1047)
All-game rating: (1160)
Timezone: GMT+2


Return to Game 6

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest