Heptarchy: Who will rule Brittania? - 7/7 (confirming)

7 player map based on Medieval Britain. GM'ed by Joe92 3 player draw shared by Mercia (Wobbly), Northumbria (GPD), Wales (Big gun)

Moderator: Morg

Heptarchy: Who will rule Brittania? - 7/7 (confirming)

Postby joe92 » 12 Feb 2017, 19:16

Heptarchy

I'm still ready to run a second game of Heptarchy concurrently with Heptarchy 12. I have 3 very keen players ready to go so just need 4 more.

This would game #13 of Heptarchy. The first 11 runs can be found here for the studious players among you, and game 12 is currently underway (link in first sentence).

The game begins in Spring 651.

The deadlines will be 3/1/2.

Players will be assigned countries by blind auction so if you mention any preference in the sign up thread you will be disqualified from participating.

The rest can be found in the house rules below. If you haven't played a forum game before you must read the house rules and acknowledge them in your request to join. That sounds really onerous but it's just a couple of minutes to ensure no mistakes are made and you don't lose out because of a minor error.

Heptarchy_650_winter.png
Heptarchy_650_winter.png (46.27 KiB) Viewed 2746 times

Game B
Players
1. Wobbly
2. GPD
3. StarWatcher009
4. vaderi
5. stalin813
6. Big Gun
7. SmokerScoff

Reserves
1. Don Juan of Austria
2. Britannialbion

Powers and their starting centres
Anglia - A (London), A (Dover), A (Oxford)
Cornubia - A (Bristol), A (Exeter), F (Plymouth)
Ireland - F (Dublin), F (Belfast), F (Cork)
Mercia - A (Birmingham), A (Nottingham), F (Gloucester), F (King's Lynn)
Northumbria - A (York), F (Lancaster), A (Durham)
Scotland - A (Edinburgh), A (Glasgow), F (Aberdeen)
Wales - A (Cardiff), F (Swansea), A (Wrexham)

House Rules

Pre Game
Powers will be selected by blind auction. Make sure you do not mention any preference to which power you would like to play prior to the game starting.

Orders
Please title all orders clearly. Orders should be titled as such, "Heptarchy: [country] [season] [phase]". So for example, "Heptarchy: Anglia Spring 651 Orders". It doesn't have to be exact but I need to be able to find the message with ease, bearing in mind that I am playing forum games while GMing so my inbox will be busy. To avoid confusion, just make sure you send the message for each phase as an individual PM. Do not hit reply expecting me to know what it is. If you title your orders incorrectly and I don't find them it's your fault and will result in an NMR.

Please make sure to double check your orders before sending them to me. I will not check their accuracy and any illegal orders will result in a hold. I will accept orders that are clear in meaning (such as not specifying a coast when only one is available) but any orders that are ambiguous or incorrect will be changed to a hold (such as entering a convoy order for a fleet but not entering the corresponding move order for the army will result in both units holding).

If you spot an error in my adjudication please report it publicly as soon as possible. Any error not reported before the next movement deadline will not be corrected.

If two or more orders for the same unit are entered, then I'll use the last one and ignore the others, except when too many build orders are entered, in which case the correct number from the beginning of the list will be accepted.

Other Messages
Please title them something different, so I know which is which - otherwise I'll probably assume they're orders and not read them before the deadline! If you ask a rules question then if it's clear I'll answer it. If it's something not clearly covered by the game rules I'll do my best, but in the light of argument from other players I might change my mind after the adjudication. If you think I'm wrong, I expect you to say so loudly and with clear reasons. If you do, I'll listen and consider the arguments (and allow an extension whilst it's sorted out). If a question is asked privately then it will be answered privately.

Deadlines
Deadlines will be 3/1/2 from the time the new map is posted, with the exception of the first spring which will be 6 days and the first fall which will be 4 days. I will send a PM at the time the map goes up so there is no excuse for not noticing a phase change. I highly recommend you send in provisional orders just to be on the safe side!

Reminders: For Spring and Fall phases I will send out a reminder roughly 24 hours before the deadline, and a separate message to those players who have not yet submitted orders. If at any time I fail to send a separate individual reminder without realising it and post the phase with an NMR, it will stand. You will have had two PM's about the deadline by then, and in the end it is your responsibility to get orders in before the deadline. You will not receive a reminder, group or individual, for the retreat phase or the winter phase as missing either of these phases will not affect your NMR count.

Speedy deadlines: Once I have orders from all players I will process them as soon as possible, unless they are marked 'Provisional' or similar. I encourage provisional orders where appropriate to reduce the risk of NMR's, and I don't mind how often you change them. Seriously, send me 20 PM's with new orders, I don't care. It's better than an NMR! You may update provisional orders to finalised if you wish. There is no pressure at any time to finalise orders however. It is an option, not a requirement.

Requests for delays: Reasonable requests for delays will be accepted. Last minute requests without exceptional reasons will not - you will have had plenty of time to send in provisional orders by then! Please give as much notice as possible if you need a delay. Life happens, but if you know you're going on a two week holiday in three months time without internet access let me know with plenty of time.

Finally, please note: if you want a substitute whilst you're away it's your job to find one!

Victory Conditions
There are 38 total centres. 20 are required to solo.

Draw proposals must be sent by private message or public forum post. They should state the powers involved in the draw and do not need to include all survivors. Draws must be accepted by all active players.

Draw proposals will expire at the end of a Movement phase, i.e. if proposed in a Spring phase, the proposal will expire at the end of that phase; if proposed during Spring Retreats, at the end of the following Fall phase; if proposed in Fall, at the end of that phase; if proposed during Fall Retreats or Winter, at the end of the following Spring phase.

NMR's / Surrenders
I will usually aim to process the orders fairly soon after the deadline, though there may be exceptions. If you get orders in a few minutes late but before I begin adjudication I'll let it pass, but if I have started adjudicating orders, it's too late.

NMR's on retreat and build phases I don't count, but I will take notice of if it immediately proceeded an NMR during a spring or fall and may start thinking about finding a replacement.

If you have three NMR's, you are out. Two in successive movement phases, you are out. NMR on the first phase or during the blind auction, you are out and the game will restart after finding a replacement. For retreats and builds if you don't submit orders it's your problem. For the retreat phase your unit will be auto-disbanded according to the definition below and if you miss the build phase well you're probably going to regret it anyway. However, I would prefer to receive a message as it will speed up the game.

If an NMR results in an auto surrender the game will be paused for up to 3 days before adjudication of the current phase while I attempt to find a replacement. If no replacement has been found after 3 days the game will continue with the country in civil disorder and open to new leadership. If a replacement is found they will be able to hand in gunboat orders for that phase before assuming full control in the following phase. In either case the current phase will be extended by 1 day to allow amendment of orders.

Auto-disband
As there is a little ambiguity in the standard definition I am clearing this up here. My auto-disband procedure is as follows:
Remove the farthest unit from any of your home supply centres in your control. If units are equally distant, then remove Fleets before Armies and then in alphabetical order by the provinces in which they're located. Should you have no home supply centres then the nearest supply centre in your control will be seen as your home supply centre. If two centres are equally distant then the first in alphabetical order by name will be chosen.

Errors in Adjudication
I'm only human, so check the map after orders to make sure I have it right! If there's a substantial error it will delay the deadline, so I'll try to be perfect! Any error not reported by the next movement deadline will stand.

And finally, the GM's decision is always final.

----------------------------------------------------------

Post below if you are interested in playing or acting as reserve. Cheers!
Last edited by joe92 on 20 Mar 2017, 11:48, edited 6 times in total.
Designer: Emergence, Modern Extended
GM'ing: Nothing

Platinum Classicist

Taking a break
joe92

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1106)
All-game rating: (1746)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Heptarchy: Who will rule Brittania? - 3/7 (recruiting)

Postby Britannialbion » 14 Feb 2017, 17:31

Just posting so I can find my way here quicker. Looking forward to the game!
I am from the United Kingdom. Tally-ho!
Britannialbion

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1004)
All-game rating: (1008)

Postby Don Juan of Austria » 20 Feb 2017, 19:04

Britannialbion wrote:Just posting so I can find my way here quicker. Looking forward to the game!

Same here. And I'm still interested, if I'm needed. :)
"In everything, moderation". ~Aristotle
A proud member of the Whippersnappers,
Bronze Classicists,
Lancer in the PBF cavalry.

Ireland in Heptarchy 16!
Don Juan of Toledo in Diplomacy for Dukes and Popes!
Don Juan of Austria

Standard rating: 1047
All-game rating: 1160
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby Strategus » 21 Feb 2017, 11:00

Don Juan of Austria wrote:
Britannialbion wrote:Just posting so I can find my way here quicker. Looking forward to the game!

Same here. And I'm still interested, if I'm needed. :)

Ditto :mrgreen:
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
Strategus

Standard rating: 1583
All-game rating: 1730

Postby StarWatcher009 » 25 Feb 2017, 19:13

I would like to play if I could.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
StarWatcher009

Standard rating: 1032
All-game rating: 1427

Postby joe92 » 27 Feb 2017, 12:05

StarWatcher009 wrote:I would like to play if I could.

On the list!

Platinum Classicist

Taking a break
joe92

Re: Heptarchy: Who will rule Brittania? - 4/7 (recruiting)

Postby vaderi » 03 Mar 2017, 21:22

I'd be up for another run of Heptarchy
To a light mech, every part of the city is Skid Row.

I am ALIVE!!!!!!!
vaderi

Standard rating: (982)
All-game rating: (982)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Heptarchy: Who will rule Brittania? - 4/7 (recruiting)

Postby joe92 » 06 Mar 2017, 12:40

vaderi wrote:I'd be up for another run of Heptarchy

You're in.

Platinum Classicist

Taking a break
joe92

Re: Heptarchy: Who will rule Brittania? - 5/7 (recruiting)

Postby SmokerScoff » 09 Mar 2017, 21:40

I'd like to play
SmokerScoff

Standard rating: (967)
All-game rating: (971)

Re: Heptarchy: Who will rule Brittania? - 5/7 (recruiting)

Postby stalin813 » 12 Mar 2017, 04:26

I would like to make my 3 year hiatus return in Heptarchy!
Best to get me at night (8pm to 12pm EDT)
stalin813

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (982)
All-game rating: (1279)
Timezone: GMT-5

Next

Return to Heptarchy 13