Excalibur: AARs

A 7 player map set in Britain during the Anglo Saxon invasion. GM'ed by Nanooktheeskimo
3way draw: Frisians (GPD), Picts (Don Juan of Austria), Scots (WarSmith).

Moderator: Morg

Excalibur: AARs

Postby Nanook » 19 Sep 2017, 04:09

The draw between the Frisians, Scots, and the Picts has been accepted! Thank you to everyone for playing, I had a blast running this and hopefully you enjoyed playing it just as much. Please leave your AARs here.

Final SC count:
Angles (gnaah): Eliminated Fall 457
British (JonS): Eliminated Fall 459
Frisians (GPD): 12 centers (draw)
Jutes (Gooderian): Eliminated Fall 463
Picts (Don Juan of Austria): 11 centers (draw)
Saxons (norlight): Eliminated Fall 463
Scots (WarSmith): 10 centers (draw)

Final map: viewtopic.php?f=802&t=56283
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Excalibur: AARs

Postby Don Juan of Austria » 19 Sep 2017, 04:18

Twas a lovely game! Thanks Nanook for running! I'll post an AAR sometime. Hopefully soon. :)
"In everything, moderation". ~Aristotle
A proud member of the Whippersnappers,
Bronze Classicists,
Lancer in the PBF cavalry.

Mild Hiatus.
Don Juan of Austria
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1051)
All-game rating: (1148)

Postby Don Juan of Austria » 14 Oct 2017, 16:13

Alright! Finally getting around to writing this. And hope others do too.

For me, this game started a little unexpectedly, as I signed up to be a reserve, and only intended to watch until someone had an unfortunate NMR or something. But instead, I was recruited in after someone dropped out before the bids were finished, so I now had to choose what I had to bid on. And I basically decided that I wanted a "defending" position. A couple times throughout the game I had regrets, and sorta envied the natural alliance of the 4 Germanic tribes and their seemingly easy communication, but in the end, I was fine with being the Picts.

The first few years were horrible in my communications, as RL was interfering and I just wasn't putting as much time into Dip as I usually am. The Scots and the Angles also were really all over we as well, and probably the only reason I survived was because of Briton's huge growth. Year 2, I had a Scot army in FIF, and yet I still had a build, while the Angles had to disband a unit.
At the end of year 4, I had to disband a unit in the "Orkney Area", but my boarders had at least been consolidated and a rough stalemate line that would last the rest of the game was formed. Further more, it was the only disband I had the entire game....slowly ever growing from here on out.

At the end of 457, I was seriously thinking about how to get to a solo. The Angles had been eliminated, the Britons had NMRed and been replaced, and my nearest competitor was 3 centers behind my 10, and had a harder area to cover...though I couldn't make much head way anywhere, and thats about where I sat till the end, in 464, watching the Frisians grow.

It was a great game, and I especially enjoyed the tons of lies WarSmith and I told each other. I wasn't too sorry to see it end in a three way, as I didn't feel I could really bring it to a solo, and I sure wasn't going to let anyone else do so either!
"In everything, moderation". ~Aristotle
A proud member of the Whippersnappers,
Bronze Classicists,
Lancer in the PBF cavalry.

Mild Hiatus.
Don Juan of Austria
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1051)
All-game rating: (1148)

Postby WarSmith » 16 Oct 2017, 22:27

There was a few years when we just plain out lied which was super fun wasn't it!
Made it easy to tell the truth later ;)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to put its pants on”
WarSmith
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1754)
All-game rating: (1664)
Timezone: GMT+2

Return to Excalibur III