Any Manga Fans Here?

Anything you want to talk about.

Any Manga Fans Here?

Postby Gavrilo Princip » 17 Jan 2016, 19:39

Dark Horse comics has just released "Lone Wolf 2100"--issue 1 of a 4-part mini-series. If you're thinking, "Didn't they already do that?" The answer is yes. In 2003, they "re-imagined" Lone Wolf and Cub as a cyberpunk story, and it had its run. Now they're RE-re-imagining it. :shock: I was cautious, admittedly, but it turns out to be pretty good. Nothing can ever stand up to the original, of course, but I still enjoyed it and thought it tipped its hat nicely. If you're interested in a much fuller and more thorough review, I wrote one here:

http://pastgo.net/2016/01/17/lone-wolf- ... pressions/
~Gavrilo Princip
Silver Classicist
Gavrilo Princip
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1183)
All-game rating: (1240)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Any Manga Fans Here?

Postby Hindu Warrior » 17 Jan 2016, 20:00

Ya I am a limited Fan of Manga . I like DeathNote and GITS .

Actually I am searching for old GITS Manga . They seems out of print.
HW
Hindu Warrior

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (830)
All-game rating: (965)
Timezone: GMT

Postby musashisamurai » 17 Jan 2016, 21:53

Old mangas are the best manga. Akira, Berserk, FMA, all dope.

The only current mangas I'm reading are One Piece (since it actually has pretty good quality in the manga) and Attack on Titan. They're both pretty good.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Kra » 18 Jan 2016, 05:36

Gavrilo, thanks for the update. For me, Lone Wolf and Cub is the quintessential manga and by which I am forced to compare all others. Of course you and I have a huge history interest to magnify it's interest and value to us. ( I might be making an assumption for you as a professional since that huge interest is not my profession, just a passion). So I usually put LW more in the historical graphic novel category such as Maus, Persopolis, and 300.
I introduced my now 25 year old to the genre which lead to a very close sharing bond with my now 15 yo since they are both passionate about Manga and anime ( which I also introduced them to when young)and they keep me updated to the more recent ones such as Food Wars let alone those long running ones like JoJo, but neither of them told me about this.
And Musashi, I am the only of the three in my family who reads one piece, lol.
My youngest found Attack on Titan very early in its release, not my preferred subtype but I am reading it to keep up with what she is reading. ( although she is studying Japanese as a language so I won't be able to keep up much longer lol)

Are you aware that "New Lone Wolf and Cub" done in 2014, has been published in English?
Despite some mixed reviews, I found the continuation of daigoro's tale quite good and have been really looking forward to the rest of it. But have not seen next volume out.

I will definitely read your review but since I will, with absolute certainty, now get Lone Wolf 2100, I will delay reading the review until after the original.

PS my wife has a masters in English literature and is excellent teacher of English literature and writing from El Ed to HS (God bless her for loving teaching junior high). While she has no problems with pop culture and modern lit despite partial to classics, and loves to extra curricular/ recreationally compare and contrast novels with their cinema ( another interest of hers so not obsessed that a good film needs to be strictly faithful But is a work in its own right),
I am constantly belittled for reading my "comic books" and corrupting our children :)

PPS so my daughter ( the 15 yo) has just taken it on to educate my wife and every evening has a new movie available when my wife and I are both available. So this week, we saw Millenial Actress and Tokyo Godfathers as a family. It is Making a better and more effective statement to get my other half to see quality and value in that medium than I ever was with the graphic novels!

PPPS, considering where we are writing this, any of you ever play the lone wolf and cub game? I think it was published with inadequate game testing and editing ( or weakly adapted from Japanese) but I enjoyed playing it.
Kra

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1531)
All-game rating: (1553)

Postby mymanga003 » 17 Nov 2018, 05:30

New Manga is the best. I like brawling go manga, Grand Blue Manga and Perfect half and many more.
I have read the grand blue manga. you can read manga here at mangazuki. This is the best place to read the manga.
mymanga003

Postby jowick113 » 17 Apr 2019, 12:58

Ya I am a limited Fan of Manga . I like DeathNote and GITS .

Actually I am searching for old GITS Manga . They seems out of print.
I have read the grand blue manga. you can read manga here at 365manga. This is the best place to read the manga.
jowick113

Postby TheCraw » 06 Sep 2019, 22:50

I loved the movie
Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart at the River Styx (1972)
Very clever, Mr. Smart...
TheCraw

Class: Shropshire slasher
All-game rating: 1,000,000

Return to Off-topic