Devious GM Fall 1946

Diplomacy where the GM makes a set of unannounced predetermined random changes to the map, rules, etc based on one or more variants. Introduced by Pedros, GMed by Asudevil.

Moderator: Morg

Re: Devious GM Fall 1946

Postby asudevil » 29 Dec 2015, 03:14

EpicDim wrote:And the ornithopter can only be the first order, interesting. So I can't War - (ornithopter) - Mos - (ornithopter) ...

I think that makes sense.

Agreed.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1351
All-game rating: 1447
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby asudevil » 29 Dec 2015, 03:14

EpicDim wrote:So I would write:

A S Unit B moving C -> D

Agreed

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby asudevil » 29 Dec 2015, 03:19

I believe there are 43 SC right now?

43 is the original number...lost Czech and Por...gained JER and PAP

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby asudevil » 29 Dec 2015, 05:48

Question about the PR rule. If a paradox occurs, both units will be resolved as holds.

One brought up would be SWE-FIN-STP would bounce with FIN-STP...since both would bounce in STP...this isn't a chain where one goes...the other follows...both would remain where they are.

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby EpicDim » 29 Dec 2015, 06:29

I concur on 43. I recounted and came to that same number. Thanks.
Gauls (Ad Arma) 3-way, Russia (Othello) 4-way, Austria (Crowded Othello) Solo, England (Devious GM 2) Solo, Egypt (Time Travel) 3-way, (Exploration: Great Expeditions) Solo
EpicDim

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1169)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby marsman57 » 29 Dec 2015, 16:30

You must hate yourself asudevil to implement this rule. It is hard enough when one player is doing it (luckily it effectively will just be that because only England has Petrol ;) )

Anyway, I have a comment on the Winter. The English Channel is not an SC, so I do not believe England as LotSS is eligible to build a battleship there.

I'm sure you're going to go on and on about that alternate interpretation where you can build the new unit wherever though. I don't like that when strict readings of the rules have been enforced in the past that were contrary to me, but whatever! I'll neutral build at some point... maybe. It doesn't even matter because the game is actually over very soon unless a really weird rule comes up.
marsman57

Standard rating: 1118
All-game rating: 1128
Timezone: GMT

Postby asudevil » 29 Dec 2015, 16:35

marsman57 wrote:You must hate yourself asudevil to implement this rule. It is hard enough when one player is doing it (luckily it effectively will just be that because only England has Petrol ;) )

Anyway, I have a comment on the Winter. The English Channel is not an SC, so I do not believe England as LotSS is eligible to build a battleship there.

I'm sure you're going to go on and on about that alternate interpretation where you can build the new unit wherever though. I don't like that when strict readings of the rules have been enforced in the past that were contrary to me, but whatever! I'll neutral build at some point... maybe. It doesn't even matter because the game is actually over very soon unless a really weird rule comes up.

Its more the fact that the only fleets are able to be built...are battleships. If someone new had taken over LOTSS they could have built a battleship and it wouldn't have been an issue. He is allowed to disband and rebuild that fleet in a similar manner (IMO)

And as for the game being over...I realized that a few years back, but you guys didn't want to cede him the game (which Im fine with)...but I would be happy to end this and move on to WitA if you guys are in the same boat...or we can play it out (which Im ALSO fine with)

Of course there are more weird rules coming, but can you imagine ANY rule other than (lose all but 3 units) that would stop England?

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby EpicDim » 29 Dec 2015, 17:30

only fleets are able to be built...are battleships.

That is what I based it on.

I'll officially propose a solo... again.

Germany will be down to one SC maximum after this season unless you (marsman57) figures out a way to save the one that is being taken away from you. I plan on racing to a solo on SCs or by elimination as fast as possible. The last couple of rules just sped up both options. I need 6 more SCs and it's possible I can do it this Fall depending on the new rule and how nice the zombies are.

Egypt is going to be dancing with Zombies until he is eliminated. The spring ownership changes made sure of that.

because only England has Petrol

And you can have some Petrol since it's a player's units. By letting zombies eat your other units as they Hold you can get one to move 4 spaces.
Gauls (Ad Arma) 3-way, Russia (Othello) 4-way, Austria (Crowded Othello) Solo, England (Devious GM 2) Solo, Egypt (Time Travel) 3-way, (Exploration: Great Expeditions) Solo
EpicDim

Postby EpicDim » 29 Dec 2015, 18:24

GM Victory question. With SCs changing in the Spring is it possible to win the game in the spring? I assumed not, but my assumptions about rules are running about 50/50. If that's an option I might go for a spring victory rather than set up for a Fall one.
EpicDim

Postby marsman57 » 29 Dec 2015, 18:32

In any other game, I would concede, but this is Devious, so WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL COME!?!

PLAY ON (rejecting officially)
marsman57

Standard rating: 1118
All-game rating: 1128
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Devious GM 2