World Influence Spring 2017

Large-scale game on a world map, with major and minor powers. Created and GMd by asudevil.

Moderator: Morg

Re: World Influence Spring 2017

Postby asudevil » 29 Apr 2015, 20:53

GhostEcho wrote:I know when I'm GMing I count the first and discount any duplicates, but the forum default rule is to call it a hold and I don't see anything about it in asudevil's house rules, so unless I missed it somewhere I think Antigonos is correct...

...which is a nuisance, since that would affect the order I screwed up.

I agree..I count them as holds...but even with holds, unless Im mistaken (which if I am ... holler at me)...it doesn't change the map...cause it was 2v2 attacking with a strength of 2 defending anyway...yes?
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby VGhost » 29 Apr 2015, 22:48

asudevil wrote:
GhostEcho wrote:I know when I'm GMing I count the first and discount any duplicates, but the forum default rule is to call it a hold and I don't see anything about it in asudevil's house rules, so unless I missed it somewhere I think Antigonos is correct...

I agree..I count them as holds...but even with holds, unless Im mistaken (which if I am ... holler at me)...it doesn't change the map...cause it was 2v2 attacking with a strength of 2 defending anyway...yes?

Well, I ordered support "Skm", which isn't a territory (certainly not Akm), so it depends whether you're counting that as a bad-but-intelligible order (goes through, 2v2 bounce), or a bad-and-disallowed order (support doesn't happen, Akm destroyed 2v1). Which one you did wasn't clear from the adjudication... I'd appreciate the first, naturally, but if GM'ing myself I'd disallow my order, so... yeah.
"When you absolutely don't know what to do any more, then it's time to panic." - Johann van der Wiel
"I'm not panicking, I'm watching you panic. It's more entertaining." - Elli Quinn
"[Diplomacy:] No dice or chance. Just calculated insincerity." - Counter Trap
VGhost
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (987)
All-game rating: (901)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Antigonos » 29 Apr 2015, 23:02

GhostEcho wrote:
asudevil wrote:

Well, I ordered support "Skm", which isn't a territory (certainly not Akm), so it depends whether you're counting that as a bad-but-intelligible order (goes through, 2v2 bounce), or a bad-and-disallowed order (support doesn't happen, Akm destroyed 2v1). Which one you did wasn't clear from the adjudication... I'd appreciate the first, naturally, but if GM'ing myself I'd disallow my order, so... yeah.

If both the AKT to AKM order and the SKM order were disallowed by a strict Deuteronomy sort of God (asudevil) the AKM units is destroyed and URA moves to AKM and ARC moves to URA.
Classicists Platinum, Oldies & soldier in Cavalry to the rescue
Samnites 3 draw Ad Arma
Prussia draw Ambition & Empire
USSR in 3 draw Blitzkrieg[
England solo Renaissance
Germany in 6 draw World Influence
Athens 4 draw Greek City States
Zaire solo Africa
Iran 3 draw ModEX II
Antigonos
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1483)
All-game rating: (1517)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby asudevil » 29 Apr 2015, 23:45

Being as how there is no SKM territory...and I have been allowing Nigeria to post orders as NG instead of LAG all game (both players)...Im going to allow to support of AKM (with the warning to be careful,,,its your "gimme")
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby AardvarkArmy » 02 May 2015, 17:58

Damn... that's what happens when you wait to write orders until the last minute

I just noticed the map does NOT reflect the EGM-GOH move last spring.

The order is clearly showing as "resolved" so I am going to submit an order for "Fleet GOH" and not for "Fleet EGM"
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1066
All-game rating: 1417
Timezone: GMT-8

Previous

Return to World Influence {All Maps Visible}