Mega-DVFG

Large-scale game on a world map, with major and minor powers. Created and GMd by asudevil.

Moderator: Morg

Re: Mega-DVFG

Postby asudevil » 22 Dec 2014, 20:46

AlmanMEin wrote:
asudevil wrote:Interesting I find the bold harder to read sometimes...But noted.

The non-checkered spaces are fine, its only that background that makes it hard to make out.

Check it again...I changed the backgrounds of some of the harder ones.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Gooderian » 22 Dec 2014, 22:04

You sure you want ENA to be that big?

I´m in whenever this is done.
Gold Classicist, and a member of the whippersnappers.
Remember, our country is called the Netherlands, not Holland!
Gooderian

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1059)
All-game rating: (1045)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby anaupr » 22 Dec 2014, 22:19

Confirmed (if you still have room, that is). Sorry I haven't been on for a few days. Finals.
anaupr

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (924)
All-game rating: (928)
Timezone: GMT

Postby asudevil » 23 Dec 2014, 01:52

Rules on IP bidding changed to handle some concerns that have been brought up limiting the majors from NOT ONLY taking the home SC...but also ANY SC from their minors.

asudevil

Postby glacier777 » 23 Dec 2014, 02:54

Once everyone is done or until the phase is over bids are publicized. The bids are added to the pre-existing IPs in the boxes. Whatever Player has the most invested in a Minor Power gains control of it for the year. In the case of a tie, control goes to whatever player controlled it the previous year.

If the player who controlled a Minor Power the previous year is not part of the tie, Coalition Control is established. If that happens, each power in the tie writes orders for the Minor Power. For each unit, whatever order is submitted by the most powers is what happens. In case of a tie, the unit holds.

1. "bids are publicised" - does this mean that all of the bids are revealed to everyone? Or does this mean that only the pairings are revealed to everyone? When I played 1930's world, the outcomes of the bids were kept private, the GM messaged us to tell us what mp's we had, I assumed that you would be doing this too.

2. If bids are secret; during coalition control, will each owner know the identity of the other owner(s). So in the PM, you would say, you have coalition control of X along with country Y.
Back on PlayDip after a 3 year hiatus

Silver member of the Classicists
glacier777

Standard rating: (1264)
All-game rating: (1278)

Postby asudevil » 23 Dec 2014, 03:11

glacier777 wrote:
Once everyone is done or until the phase is over bids are publicized. The bids are added to the pre-existing IPs in the boxes. Whatever Player has the most invested in a Minor Power gains control of it for the year. In the case of a tie, control goes to whatever player controlled it the previous year.

If the player who controlled a Minor Power the previous year is not part of the tie, Coalition Control is established. If that happens, each power in the tie writes orders for the Minor Power. For each unit, whatever order is submitted by the most powers is what happens. In case of a tie, the unit holds.

1. "bids are publicised" - does this mean that all of the bids are revealed to everyone? Or does this mean that only the pairings are revealed to everyone? When I played 1930's world, the outcomes of the bids were kept private, the GM messaged us to tell us what mp's we had, I assumed that you would be doing this too.

2. If bids are secret; during coalition control, will each owner know the identity of the other owner(s). So in the PM, you would say, you have coalition control of X along with country Y.

WOW, I didn't even THINK of keeping them all secret. With 20+ minors...I was just going to make everything public for this game...so I was just going to post all bids and then organize it into a spreadsheet for easy reading. I understand doing them low-key in a smaller game...but with SO many IPs possible in this game...that's going to be a nightmare for your friendly GM.

I hope this doesn't break the game for you...and I hope no one else was thinking similar.

asudevil

Postby Antigonos » 23 Dec 2014, 06:58

Confirmed.
Classicists Platinum, Oldies & soldier in Cavalry to the rescue
Samnites 3 draw Ad Arma
Prussia draw Ambition & Empire
USSR in 3 draw Blitzkrieg[
England solo Renaissance
Germany in 6 draw World Influence
Athens 4 draw Greek City States
Zaire solo Africa
Iran 3 draw ModEX II
Antigonos
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1483)
All-game rating: (1517)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby glacier777 » 23 Dec 2014, 14:55

asudevil wrote:
glacier777 wrote:

WOW, I didn't even THINK of keeping them all secret. With 20+ minors...I was just going to make everything public for this game...so I was just going to post all bids and then organize it into a spreadsheet for easy reading. I understand doing them low-key in a smaller game...but with SO many IPs possible in this game...that's going to be a nightmare for your friendly GM.

I hope this doesn't break the game for you...and I hope no one else was thinking similar.

This doesn't break the game for me. But I really don't like the idea of all the bids being public. It will reveal new alliances that are forming and will remove a possible layer of diplomacy for the game. I'd prefer you to simply reveal the control of each power and how many ip's are on it from that player or in support. Keep the spreadsheet for yourself of course.
Back on PlayDip after a 3 year hiatus

Silver member of the Classicists
glacier777

Standard rating: (1264)
All-game rating: (1278)

Postby asudevil » 23 Dec 2014, 16:06

glacier777 wrote:This doesn't break the game for me. But I really don't like the idea of all the bids being public. It will reveal new alliances that are forming and will remove a possible layer of diplomacy for the game. I'd prefer you to simply reveal the control of each power and how many ip's are on it from that player or in support. Keep the spreadsheet for yourself of course.

That's fair...I can just do a total...so that if you are bidding FOR someone else, they don't know.

Would you be ok if I published the total for ALL countries for a given minor so that people know who is in second and by how much...or just the leader? I can go either way.

asudevil

Postby asudevil » 23 Dec 2014, 16:56

Map adjusted to make S.Africa a little less strong after numerous concerns.

asudevil

PreviousNext

Return to World Influence {All Maps Visible}