Mega-DVFG

Large-scale game on a world map, with major and minor powers. Created and GMd by asudevil.

Moderator: Morg

Re: Mega-DVFG

Postby bonnieblue85 » 05 Jan 2015, 18:33

Move me up to interested in playing, as well, please. Thanks!
"President,(gasps for air) somebody bombed Miami. I think it is the Cubans. Send the army to the beaches of Miami.Call on some airplanes,too.This could be the start of a war. By the way,it is Kennedy." (phone hangs up)

—Gold Classicist
bonnieblue85

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (835)
All-game rating: (784)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby AardvarkArmy » 06 Jan 2015, 08:24

so.... I've been off the site for nearly a year. It appears that I may be late to the party, but if it is still possible to slip into this one, I can't resist a game with 42 competing interests...
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1066
All-game rating: 1418
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby AardvarkArmy » 06 Jan 2015, 08:44

I know I am waaaaaay late in this debate, but I must note: One of the VERY BEST, most delicious elements of 1933 was the unknown ownership of the minor powers. It allowed for a truly special level of duplicity and intrigue...

e.g., imagine Cuba starts harassing Mexico, but Mexico has no idea whether the US, Venezuela, or someone more distant is pulling the puppet strings. One of those neighbors might act friendly and offer to help defend against the Cuban rascals, but might be the very author of the attacks.

Each of us was privately notified what we controlled, and no one else EVER knew. It was awesome...
Last edited by AardvarkArmy on 06 Jan 2015, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Postby AardvarkArmy » 06 Jan 2015, 09:32

Also, one thought regarding the map. Perhaps more of a question than suggestion.

I don't understand why neutral turf has two colors - the olive green for neutral territories with supply centers and the mustard for neutral lands with no supply. Took me a minute to figure out the distinction! Any reason for not just have a single "neutral" color?
SOLOS

DRAWS
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Postby asudevil » 06 Jan 2015, 14:14

AardvarkArmy wrote:Also, one thought regarding the map. Perhaps more of a question than suggestion.

I don't understand why neutral turf has two colors - the olive green for neutral territories with supply centers and the mustard for neutral lands with no supply. Took me a minute to figure out the distinction! Any reason for not just have a single "neutral" color?

Allowed me to differentiate between SC and non-SC quicker when doing counting and looking at balance.

And I know the "hidden" mechanics of who has what minor was tons of fun...Ill discuss with attitudes if we think we can do it...but the difference now is at least you know what IP count you have to get too...while the leader doesn't know how secure his advantage is. So its a different level of intrigue.

And WELCOME...top 5 choices in the next 36 hours gets you a spot.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby vaderi » 06 Jan 2015, 18:39

AardvarkArmy wrote:so.... I've been off the site for nearly a year. It appears that I may be late to the party, but if it is still possible to slip into this one, I can't resist a game with 42 competing interests...

The crowd is coming out of the woodwork for this game it seems :D I'm back too!
To a light mech, every part of the city is Skid Row.

I am ALIVE!!!!!!!
vaderi

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (982)
All-game rating: (982)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby asudevil » 06 Jan 2015, 18:53

Minor powers control will not be anonymous
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby AardvarkArmy » 06 Jan 2015, 20:38

asudevil wrote:Minor powers control will not be anonymous

In-your-face proxy wars with cannon-fodder junior allies will be fun, too!

Fantastic job putting together tho map and game, asudevil! It promises to be an epic, awesome game!
SOLOS

DRAWS
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Postby anaupr » 07 Jan 2015, 05:51

Why not? Now that it has been mentioned, it kind of makes sense, but im fine either way.
anaupr

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (924)
All-game rating: (928)
Timezone: GMT

Postby AardvarkArmy » 07 Jan 2015, 07:33

anaupr wrote:

Why not? Now that it has been mentioned, it kind of makes sense, but im fine either way.

I raised the idea, so let me put it to rest. Blind bids in 1933 were a lot of fun, but in fairness, it was a smaller game. This would require a lot of extra work from the GM's: specifically, 18 individual private messages every year informing players what they own, plus tighter proof-reading since there would be no public scrutiny to catch mistakes.

I kinda regret having mentioned it at all, and have to respect the limits to the GM's workload in a game with 195 centers to account for. I can definitely live with the compromise of keeping the margin of bidding victories unknown...
SOLOS

DRAWS
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to World Influence {All Maps Visible}