New to PlayDip! Could use some guidance

Please introduce yourself, so we can get to know you better!

New to PlayDip! Could use some guidance

Postby Ick » 08 May 2020, 02:15

Hello All!

Found PlayDip over the last week or 2 - haven't played the game in years - happy to have this accessible!

Wondering - I require some rules on a 7 plyr version of chaos. This is a variant that I thought I was familiar with but apparently my confidence exceeds my knowledge base =)

Anyhow! Quick intro - older (but not that old), still have a copy of the board version from the 80's, live in Canada, looking forward to meeting you all in games!
Ick
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 844
All-game rating: 1150
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: New to PlayDip! Could use some guidance

Postby V » 08 May 2020, 02:23

My recommendation is to join a Mentor game. They are run by experienced players who introduce the playing interface & principles of Diplomacy. I had a long break from playing, mainly due to the challenge of getting 7 Dippers in a room simultaneously, when life is so busy. It was a great reintroduction to the game for me when I joined PlayDip.
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1778
All-game rating: 1829
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby UM85 » 08 May 2020, 02:27

Welcome, Ick!

On the Home Screen go to Guides / Game Options and I think you will find answer to your question. And as V said, you might want to start with a Mentor game.
UM85

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1316)
All-game rating: (1318)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Ick » 08 May 2020, 02:57

Thanks for the reply gents! I did check out the rules, but those are specific to 34 player bout. I am in a 7 player match - have 4 SCs in fall including on original, 3 units, but not allowed to build. Sooo - I figure there's something missing (at least to me!!)
Ick
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 844
All-game rating: 1150
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby AKFD » 08 May 2020, 08:38

Ick wrote:Thanks for the reply gents! I did check out the rules, but those are specific to 34 player bout. I am in a 7 player match - have 4 SCs in fall including on original, 3 units, but not allowed to build. Sooo - I figure there's something missing (at least to me!!)

Hello Ick! Welcome!

What country are you in that match?
Silver Classicist! (well, I used to be one)

Apparently "the biggest GoT fan" (@Pootleflump)

Have fun on this website. Signing off.
AKFD

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 842
All-game rating: 779
Timezone: GMT+8

Return to Players & Introductions