The bug has bit!

Please introduce yourself, so we can get to know you better!

The bug has bit!

Postby itscpstewart » 02 Feb 2019, 16:04

Have just completed second mentored game with a great group of players (thanks Nanook!) and the bug has bit. Have been so impressed with all this site offers and the community it appears to foster. Look forward to diving in for more challenging fun and interaction with all. Hail from Ohio in the states and have dabbled for many years in the strategy games of Avalon Hill and GMT. Love Diplomacy for how it simply sets a stage that lets the players be the main "part" of the game.

cpstewart
itscpstewart

Timezone: Eastern Standard

Re: The bug has bit!

Postby Shyvve » 02 Feb 2019, 20:42

Welcome cpstewart!

Glad you're enjoying the site. Would your AH dabbling have included "The Russian Campaign", "Third Reich", or "Advanced Squad Leader" perchance?
An Oldie and Gold Classicist. Moderator for the Classicist group.
Shyvve
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1360
All-game rating: 1390
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby itscpstewart » 05 Feb 2019, 13:41

Hello Shyvve,

Not the Russian Campaign or Third Reich, but Squad Leader for sure...though many years ago. Due to lack of fellow players I have been concentrating more into Solitaire games since getting back into it. Like Skies Above the Reich, Enemy Coast Ahead series from GMT. I was finally able to get a hold of a Avalon Hills B-17 game for a decent price. This is one I had been wanting for years, just not wanting to pay what all were asking.

I do have many older multi player titles I hope to get back into if I can find others in my area interested. Seems to be a dying breed. Do you have any experience with Vassel? I have looked at it online, appears I might have to go that route. After my good experience playing Diplomacy online I will give it a closer look.
itscpstewart

Timezone: Eastern Standard

Postby Shyvve » 05 Feb 2019, 20:28

Actually, I do have VASSAL installed but I never played a game using it. I installed it at one time thinking I'd use it to play The Civil War: 1861-1865 by Victory Games.
An Oldie and Gold Classicist. Moderator for the Classicist group.
Shyvve
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1360
All-game rating: 1390
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Pete the Great » 10 Mar 2019, 05:30

[quote="itscpstewart"]
Not the Russian Campaign or Third Reich, but Squad Leader for sure...though many years ago. Due to lack of fellow players I have been concentrating more into Solitaire games since getting back into it. Like Skies Above the Reich, Enemy Coast Ahead series from GMT. I was finally able to get a hold of a Avalon Hills B-17 game for a decent price. This is one I had been wanting for years, just not wanting to pay what all were asking."

Wow, B-17 I ran across that this past week in a box as I was looking for Diplomacy stuff. Nice solo game, I remember many missions after work when I was single.
Pete the Great

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1029
All-game rating: 1029
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Players & Introductions