The WDC PlayDip Collective

Please introduce yourself, so we can get to know you better!

Re: The WDC PlayDip Collective

Postby asudevil » 11 Oct 2018, 03:42

Idols wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:

Was fun to play with everyone last weekend! I ran into a couple of fellow play dip players, but I don't think anyone recognized my username when I told them (probably because I've been inactive for a couple years). I'm Jorge Zhang. As Nanook said, I've been playing FtF since I was 14 thanks to a very welcoming and friendly hobby. Lot's of people offered to help me get to worlds this year, including Craig who let me room with him for the weekend. I'm 18 now, so my parents have gotten used to me going to tournaments by now haha.

I totally recognize this name... especially the pic. This is mike as Germany from Saturday night
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby asudevil » 11 Oct 2018, 03:44

Groo wrote:
Conq wrote:The World Championship (#1 spot) is decided entirely by the winner of the top board. The rest of the standings fall in order of total score over the course of the tournament.

Interesting rule. Probably makes sense - in case it wasn't like that all would gang up on the board leader right from the beginning.

And a solo off the top board against scrubs shouldn’t give the win compared to a 11 sc board top against the top 6 other players. And tons of sunday boards had a “who cares” attitude

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby Idols » 11 Oct 2018, 05:44

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Dude, I remember you, I’m pretty sure we’ve played together! I had no idea you were Idols haha.

Hey! Yeah, we have. We have also definitely met before at a different FTF tournament. I didn't know you were nanook until now haha!

Big Gun wrote:Jorge you are Idols? OMG - I remember you!

Yes, I am! I remember you too, from our games of Versailles. When we met FTF I had no idea you were also Big Gun- that's really cool!

asudevil wrote:I totally recognize this name... especially the pic. This is mike as Germany from Saturday night

I drew the pic when I was younger :). That was a fun game, I wish I had played it differently though haha. I'm thinking about writing an AAR about it when I get the chance. I'll share it with you if I do.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 300 character limit.
Yes, that is the unfortunate extent of my creativity.

Idols
Idols

Standard rating: (1493)
All-game rating: (1730)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Nanook » 11 Oct 2018, 05:50

We have! We also had lunch together haha
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Conq » 11 Oct 2018, 19:36

Idols wrote:Was fun to play with everyone last weekend! I ran into a couple of fellow play dip players, but I don't think anyone recognized my username when I told them (probably because I've been inactive for a couple years). I'm Jorge Zhang. As Nanook said, I've been playing FtF since I was 14 thanks to a very welcoming and friendly hobby. Lot's of people offered to help me get to worlds this year, including Craig who let me room with him for the weekend. I'm 18 now, so my parents have gotten used to me going to tournaments by now haha.

I really enjoyed playing with you on Thursday, Jorge. Would have been even more fun to play on the same side of the board as you. As things actually worked out, I think I had a decent shot at another solo in that game if you were not directing traffic for the resistance from your 1 center Austria. A very strong effort from you.
Conq
Premium Member

Standard rating: (2410)
All-game rating: (2575)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Idols » 15 Oct 2018, 05:47

Conq wrote:I really enjoyed playing with you on Thursday, Jorge. Would have been even more fun to play on the same side of the board as you. As things actually worked out, I think I had a decent shot at another solo in that game if you were not directing traffic for the resistance from your 1 center Austria. A very strong effort from you.

Thanks! I really enjoyed playing with you as well Jordon. You almost convinced me to turn around when you told me I was only helping the people who had screwed me over, but I figured it was too early in the tournament to throw a solo.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 300 character limit.
Yes, that is the unfortunate extent of my creativity.

Idols
Idols

Standard rating: (1493)
All-game rating: (1730)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Bob.Durf » 18 Oct 2018, 03:05

Great showing Playdip! So excited how far this community has come.

Hope I'll see some of you at DixieCon, hoping to attend for the first time next year.
Cheater-Hunter (Fired on account of incompetence according to top secret reports)

There's a saying amongst the moderators: "If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well. If it's not worth doing, give it to Bob." Promotion prospects: Comical
Bob.Durf

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (970)
All-game rating: (969)

Postby kimpossible » 18 Oct 2018, 04:17

Wait... WHO GAVE ME BUNNY EARS???
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby Nanook » 18 Oct 2018, 05:03

kimpossible wrote:Wait... WHO GAVE ME BUNNY EARS???

I think you mean devil horns.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby asudevil » 18 Oct 2018, 05:21

I already booked airfare to San Jose for Whipping Early April. Come join the fun.

asudevil
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Players & Introductions