Apology to 2017 Blitzkrieg & Excalibur

Please introduce yourself, so we can get to know you better!

Apology to 2017 Blitzkrieg & Excalibur

Postby AardvarkArmy » 20 Apr 2018, 07:28

Greetings fellow destroyer of worlds - it's been nearly a year since I logged into the site. :shock:

Glad to see some familiar names on the site (and in my message inbox) as well as new blood. :D

I wish to offer a profound apology to the players and GM of last year's Blitzkrieg & Excalibur games. :oops:

I disappeared suddenly from the site due to, well, something of a civil war in my family - involving elder abuse, mental illness and disabled adults "running away from home." :o

I was completely overwhelmed with trying to navigate the situation, and for several months, PlayDiplomacy.com was simply relegated to the sub-basement of my priorities. :(

Things have been more-or-less "all quiet on the Western Front" for a few months now. I could/would have returned to the site sooner... but I've been completely mortified by the circumstances of my two-game NMR departure. :oops:

Until May of last year, I probably had one of the best "reliability" ratings on the site. I can think of countless times that I have brutally punished opponents for slacking on orders, and even more brutally lambasting allies... and often turning to devour them as compensation for their NMR-ing ways :evil:

I recognize that I committed the gravest crime possible on this site, short of metagaming with 9 aliases in a 5-player variant. :roll:

So, again, I am sincerely sorry for muffing up two games for both players and GM :|

I've been peeking at the "Games looking for players" and thinking of throwing my hat back into the ring... if GMs will look past last spring to my several years of prior reliability. :geek:

If I do get into a game, it appears I may have one other problem. I see there is another player (AlphaActive) being commonly referred to as "AA." So.... would I need to be "OG AA" ??? :mrgreen:
SOLOS
EXCALIBUR.1-Angles / EXCALIBUR.2-Scots / EMERALD-Sno / MOD4-Italy / SENGOKU-OdaNobu / S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China / BattleIsleA-Winterfell / S&S-Turkey / /WORLD INFL-Venezuela / LECRAE-Dublin / WWIV.2-Cali / IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky / YNGSTWN.1-Grmny / AMERICAS.2-Mex / AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1014
All-game rating: 1303
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Apology to 2017 Blitzkrieg & Excalibur

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 20 Apr 2018, 07:41

As the GM for both those games--don't worry about it. Shit happens (in your case it sounds like a LOT of shit happened, most of it the shitty kind), real life always has to take priority, especially when it's something that sounds as serious as what you're describing.

I can't speak for any other GMs, but I'd welcome you back into any of my future games.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of Sengoku, Heptarchy 14.

NorthEast

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1225
All-game rating: 1407
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Don Juan of Austria » 20 Apr 2018, 08:53

You can barely see any marks on my back right now... :P

Definitely good to have you back AA! :D
"In everything, moderation". ~Aristotle
A proud member of the Whippersnappers,
Bronze Classicists,
and Lancer in the PBF cavalry.

Britain in Colonial 7,
Mercia, (like, "mercy") in Heptarchy XV!
Don Juan of Austria

Standard rating: 1050
All-game rating: 1069
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby WarSmith » 20 Apr 2018, 13:24

Sorry to hear about the issues!
No worries at all. I can barely remember the games, but most likely I stole some centers from the beleagured countries anyway ;)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to put its pants on”
WarSmith
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1799
All-game rating: 1814
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby Jegpeg » 20 Apr 2018, 21:06

I would reiterate would others, real life has to come first and you have been having a real hard time. You would be welcome for the game I am currently recruiting for.

What does the OG stand for?
Jegpeg

Standard rating: (1125)
All-game rating: (1401)
Timezone: GMT

Postby boldblade » 20 Apr 2018, 21:55

Technically it means original gangster but is commonly used simply to mean original.
boldblade
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1409
All-game rating: 1412
Timezone: GMT

Postby AardvarkArmy » 21 Apr 2018, 02:12

boldblade wrote:Technically it means original gangster but is commonly used simply to mean original.

what he said! :mrgreen:
SOLOS
EXCALIBUR.1-Angles / EXCALIBUR.2-Scots / EMERALD-Sno / MOD4-Italy / SENGOKU-OdaNobu / S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China / BattleIsleA-Winterfell / S&S-Turkey / /WORLD INFL-Venezuela / LECRAE-Dublin / WWIV.2-Cali / IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky / YNGSTWN.1-Grmny / AMERICAS.2-Mex / AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Postby TheCraw » 21 Apr 2018, 04:35

Welcome back AA, I just returned after 3-years absence myself.
(And coincidentally I am in similar circumstances as well)
Very clever, Mr. Smart...
TheCraw

Class: Lord/God of Dune
All-game rating: (935)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby AardvarkArmy » 21 Apr 2018, 06:42

Thanks nanooktheeskimo, Don Juan of Austria, WarSmith, JegPeg, BoldBlade & The Craw
SOLOS

DRAWS
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Return to Players