Greetings and Salutations

Please introduce yourself, so we can get to know you better!

Re: Greetings and Salutations

Postby raworahi » 11 Sep 2014, 08:04

sinnybee wrote: There's this really cute lesbian girl who I thought was just my friend until she asked me out. That was pretty cool. Then, she started striping two or three months later while she was dating someone else. And I prepare taxes for another girl who's a stripper.

Other than that, I know basically nothing about striping except for my experience gained while I practice, so I can neither confirm nor deny your conspiracy.

And as much as I would love to continue talking to you about striping, your posts are becoming way too weird.

Yeah sorry, I've been up dealing with a work crisis for the past 48 hours or so - so I'm probably suffering from sleep deprivation by now...

sinnybee wrote: Not even, it was a "half-eaten fish".

Eww that is just gross, even for me - my sincerest apologies...

sinnybee wrote:Yeah, it would have been--I don't want your cooties, thank you very much.
Eating your fish would have been like kissing you, and I'm not ready for that level of a relationship.

In conclusion, my analysis is that your posts come off as very... umm... aggressive? tense? heated? over-the-top? angry? upset?

My prescription is for you to relax by staring into the following soothing images of glitter:

Yeah I think it is best if we keep our cooties to ourselves, apparently your cooties like glitter...

I had absolute no intent to come off in any of those ways - rather I was intending to be silly, but I do recognize there might have been some leakage from the whole work situation - I hope you didn't feel any of that was directed at you (and to be clear, the whole bit after the first glitter photo was completely meant as tongue in cheek jest and ridiculousness) as it was definitely not my intent, in fact - our banter was pretty much the highlight of my day.

Although I had a pretty horrible day(s) so that bar wasn't exactly set very high :P

I have to admit, those were some very pretty photos of glitter, definitely enjoyed them - thanks :D
“The most important thing is sincerity. If you can fake that you've got it made.” -George Burns

“A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal.” -Oscar Wilde
raworahi
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1637)
All-game rating: (1647)
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby britneykay » 11 Sep 2014, 08:11

sinnybee wrote:My prescription is for you to relax by staring into the following soothing images of glitter:

This thread is too much for me....

but Sinny, do you use instagram? If so, look up BrandonWoelfel; he's my soothing picture therapy. Sometimes there is glitter but always amazing colors. I think you'd be into it.
britneykay

Standard rating: (1103)
All-game rating: (1111)
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby raworahi » 11 Sep 2014, 20:14

britneykay wrote:
sinnybee wrote:My prescription is for you to relax by staring into the following soothing images of glitter:

This thread is too much for me....

but Sinny, do you use instagram? If so, look up BrandonWoelfel; he's my soothing picture therapy. Sometimes there is glitter but always amazing colors. I think you'd be into it.

Yeah I am a strange and bizarre little man who between bouts on insanity and drunkenness (both of which occur frequently) often veers radically into directions most people probably do not and should not wish to follow.

But on the bright side - I've gotten exceedingly good at apologies, why I bet I am at least in the top 10 apologizers world wide - don't mistake me, I'm not boasting, I've just had a lot more practice than most people :P
“The most important thing is sincerity. If you can fake that you've got it made.” -George Burns

“A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal.” -Oscar Wilde
raworahi
Premium Member

Postby britneykay » 11 Sep 2014, 20:22

raworahi wrote:But on the bright side - I've gotten exceedingly good at apologies, why I bet I am at least in the top 10 apologizers world wide - don't mistake me, I'm not boasting, I've just had a lot more practice than most people :P

... Well, everyone does what they're good at, I suppose.
britneykay

Standard rating: (1103)
All-game rating: (1111)
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby raworahi » 11 Sep 2014, 20:44

britneykay wrote:
raworahi wrote:But on the bright side - I've gotten exceedingly good at apologies, why I bet I am at least in the top 10 apologizers world wide - don't mistake me, I'm not boasting, I've just had a lot more practice than most people :P

... Well, everyone does what they're good at, I suppose.

Indeed, fortunately I've found a way to parlay that into a career (granted with a slight embellishment of the term) - you see I took my Grandfather's advice when he said "If you are good at something, never do it for free" (unfortunately, I shan't be earning much money from my endeavors here any time soon).

:P

raworahi
Premium Member

Postby Antigonos » 12 Sep 2014, 00:50

raworahi,

I believe your career problem is that you veered slightly off course. There is little or no money to be found in making even the best apologies. But a lucrative career can be found in being an apologist. In business, government/politics and in working for religious organizations being a convincing or even just a brazen and shameless apologist can earn respect, status and most importantly riches. Your "sincerity" will be a real asset.
Classicists Platinum, Oldies & soldier in Cavalry to the rescue
Samnites 3 draw Ad Arma
Prussia draw Ambition & Empire
USSR in 3 draw Blitzkrieg[
England solo Renaissance
Germany in 6 draw World Influence
Athens 4 draw Greek City States
Zaire solo Africa
Iran 3 draw ModEX II
Antigonos
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1483)
All-game rating: (1517)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby raworahi » 12 Sep 2014, 01:55

Antigonos wrote:raworahi,

I believe your career problem is that you veered slightly off course. There is little or no money to be found in making even the best apologies. But a lucrative career can be found in being an apologist. In business, government/politics and in working for religious organizations being a convincing or even just a brazen and shameless apologist can earn respect, status and most importantly riches. Your "sincerity" will be a real asset.

Well, I make enough to get by, but you are correct of course - the problem with that is that I prefer my privacy and if an apologist isn't getting the message out and being "out in front" of an issue, he is similarly not likely to progress far.

So instead, I chose a path of service - it may not pay much but it takes me to interesting places, introduces me to interesting people and provides ample opportunities and variety in the sorts of apologies I must make.

It may be less glamorous, less well paid, and less respectable than a streetwalker, but at least I get to lie awake in the middle of the night and envy their integrity.

raworahi
Premium Member

Postby Antigonos » 12 Sep 2014, 05:07

It sounds as though you made a wise and admirable career choice but I hope that you are not implying that street-walking and more upscale forms of the oldest profession are not also careers of service.
Classicists Platinum, Oldies & soldier in Cavalry to the rescue
Samnites 3 draw Ad Arma
Prussia draw Ambition & Empire
USSR in 3 draw Blitzkrieg[
England solo Renaissance
Germany in 6 draw World Influence
Athens 4 draw Greek City States
Zaire solo Africa
Iran 3 draw ModEX II
Antigonos
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1483)
All-game rating: (1517)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby raworahi » 12 Sep 2014, 05:20

Antigonos wrote:It sounds as though you made a wise and admirable career choice

As Thucydides wrote in the Melian Dialogues:

"The strong do what they can, and the weak suffer what they must."

Antigonos wrote: but I hope that you are not implying that street-walking and more upscale forms of the oldest profession are not also careers of service.

Not in the least - I was merely speaking that within the scope of service careers...

Those careers tend to be more glamorous, better paid, more respected and permit them a greater amount of personal integrity, than my own.

raworahi
Premium Member

Postby sinnybee » 13 Sep 2014, 19:35

raworahi wrote:
sinnybee wrote:There's this really cute lesbian girl who I thought was just my friend until she asked me out. That was pretty cool. Then, she started striping two or three months later while she was dating someone else. And I prepare taxes for another girl who's a stripper.

Other than that, I know basically nothing about striping except for my experience gained while I practice, so I can neither confirm nor deny your conspiracy.

And as much as I would love to continue talking to you about striping, your posts are becoming way too weird.

Yeah sorry, I've been up dealing with a work crisis for the past 48 hours or so - so I'm probably suffering from sleep deprivation by now...

sinnybee wrote: Not even, it was a "half-eaten fish".

Eww that is just gross, even for me - my sincerest apologies...

sinnybee wrote:Yeah, it would have been--I don't want your cooties, thank you very much.
Eating your fish would have been like kissing you, and I'm not ready for that level of a relationship.

In conclusion, my analysis is that your posts come off as very... umm... aggressive? tense? heated? over-the-top? angry? upset?

My prescription is for you to relax by staring into the following soothing images of glitter:

Yeah I think it is best if we keep our cooties to ourselves, apparently your cooties like glitter...

I had absolute no intent to come off in any of those ways - rather I was intending to be silly, but I do recognize there might have been some leakage from the whole work situation - I hope you didn't feel any of that was directed at you (and to be clear, the whole bit after the first glitter photo was completely meant as tongue in cheek jest and ridiculousness) as it was definitely not my intent, in fact - our banter was pretty much the highlight of my day.

Although I had a pretty horrible day(s) so that bar wasn't exactly set very high :P

I have to admit, those were some very pretty photos of glitter, definitely enjoyed them - thanks :D

Sorry you had to deal with a work crisis and with little sleep, raworahi. Oh, and pretty horrible day(s) too, awww, sorry.
I knew you intended to be silly, but it was starting to get pretty weird, even for me, which is hard to do lol. I was mostly just giving you a hard time though.
Always glad to help out with glitter, you're welcome :).
Gold Classicist since 1-11-11
FT Asst GM of 35 player WWIV Aug 2011-Feb 2012
#1 ranked player of playdip early 2013
4th highest forum karma count at Apr 2013 ending (behind Craw, Dipsy, and Rick)
Tournament Director of the 31 game PDVT Feb-Dec 2014, the first playdip tourney with over 100 sign-ups
sinnybee

Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1467)
Timezone: GMT-7

PreviousNext

Return to Players