Belgian players?

Please introduce yourself, so we can get to know you better!

Belgian players?

Postby Hyakari » 28 Mar 2008, 22:34

Hey everyone!

I'm a 20-year-old Belgian law student, with a dream to become a diplomat (in real life ;) ). So in some kinda way, I'm working on my future here. At least, that's what I keep telling myself...

Anyway, what I'd like to know: the game of Diplomacy seems to be very popular in the US, the UK and even in the Netherlands, but here in Belgium nobody seems to know it. Are there any Belgian players out here? I only know one (but not the least: Avalanche, the creator if this web-based variant - thanks man!). I've already lost the hope of playing a face-to-face game where I live, but still...
All war represents a failure of diplomacy. Tony Benn
Hyakari

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: Belgian players?

Postby revans » 29 Mar 2008, 01:48

ooh... I hope you don't use the skills you learn here in real life, it's much too cutthroat! I like to believe diplomats and politicians are working for the good. (Thanks to "West Wing" for giving me an optimistic view of politics).

Glad you're here.
revans

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Belgian players?

Postby Savimbi » 04 Apr 2008, 09:14

As a matter of fact, I think Belgians even dominate this game. I know for a fact that the number ONE in this site is a Belgian (Hilniger). In another very good online site, diplomacy.denes.nl, the number ONE is langapikin, a Belgian too (not the same though).
Savimbi

All-game rating: 3055
Timezone: GMT

Return to Players & Introductions