PeterWiggin

Please introduce yourself, so we can get to know you better!

PeterWiggin

Postby PeterWiggin » 23 Feb 2008, 07:03

A teacher in high school introduced a bunch of us to Diplomacy during a class on game theory. I play with friends f2f whenever we can get 7 people together for 5 hours (not often), and I've been playing quite a few games on Bounced (dipbounced.com). I've just started a few games here, and people seem to press a lot less than on Bounced. Also, the deadline settings are not quite as clear. Can anybody tell me what happens when people don't get orders in on time? Who creates/runs the games?

On Bounced, people almost always refer to provinces with a three letter abbreviation (eng for English Channel, nth for North Sea, stp/nc for St. Petersburg/North Coast, etc), as these were accepted by the text-based order box. Are those used here too?

I do really like the graphical way of submitting orders -- it should lead to fewer silly mistakes on my part, and hopefully overall higher quality of play.

Hope to play against some of you soon. Good luck.
PeterWiggin

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1100)
All-game rating: (1103)
Timezone: GMT

Re: PeterWiggin

Postby Laurence » 24 Feb 2008, 03:10

If you don't get your orders in on time then your units just hold.
Anybody can create a new game but there are plenty to join.....too many, as it can take some time for a game to have enough to get going!
Avalanche is the brains behind it all!! If you find any bugs, errors, or bad behaviour, that's the guy to complain to, and he fixes things quick.
I suggest you start with games going for triple wins, less chance of getting wiped out. It's also good if, like me, you were nervous at first. I think there's a lot of fun in really good collaborative play and less need or likehood of getting back stabbed.
Hope this helps and enjoy!!
Laurence

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby PeterWiggin » 24 Feb 2008, 06:29

How do the wins work? If it's triple win, how do three players indicate that they want to share the victory with each other?
PeterWiggin

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1100)
All-game rating: (1103)

Postby BlackAdder » 24 Feb 2008, 17:35

Peter,

Its in the statistics tab at the top of your game display.

Cheers,
BlackAdder

Postby revans » 28 Feb 2008, 02:57

One player would propose to declare victory and check the box of the other countries (one other for double, two others for triple). Currently, they need to have a total of 18 supply centers (1/2 + 1), though that may change in the future as it doesn't take to long. The proposal goes to the other two countries and they decide to accept or decline. If they both accept the game's over and points are distributed.
revans

Timezone: GMT-8

Return to Players & Introductions