Speeches of the last set

Standard game, but players write speeches describing the action, making proposals, etc. Standard points awarded, with the best speakers getting bonus points. Created by deanchuk. GMs: lordelindel, AlphaTangoEcho. Winner - Warsmith (Turkey)

Speeches of the last set

Postby Aeschines » 26 Oct 2009, 18:44

Speeches received for... Fall 1903? I think that's when this is. Or is it the build? Regardless...:

RUSSIA!:

Russia does not like Yellow Rumania. Russia does not like Green Galicia either. Russia shall change both of those things.

Russia is sad for Germany too. Germany got pwned. Poor Germany. France and England are evil.

So are Italy and Turkey. And Austria. Russia is only good guy. Poor Russia. Poor everyone else, they don't know they are evil but they are.

Russia is mighty, Russia is fearless, Russia shall prevail. That is all Russia needs to say. Russia is done talking. Russia shall speak no more. No more. Not. Never. Russia shall stop speaking ... NOW. Russia, shut up. Stupid Russia.

and TURKEY!:

The events of late 1903 in Turkey
WarSmith jumps energetically onto the stage hastily erected in and addresses the masses that have turned out to cheer his sudden victory against the dictator’s forces, having marched his self-built army north from his home town of Smyrna to the capital. The far-reaching state reforms already reported by some news outlets have awoken a much repressed people, who have thronged the streets to hear him speak. One paper has already given him the moniker of ‘father of the turks’ for having delivered his people from the iron hand of the dictator, and for his plans to remove the corruption and stagnation that had summarized the latter years of Ottoman rule.

“The recent past has seemingly lasted forever, but our perseverance has finally brought us to this proud day. Thanks be to god (the new GM). My people - my sons and daughters: sometimes people are chosen to change history, but when I am dead and turned to dust, the Turkish republic shall stand forever. For that is what is born today: a republic built upon the fact that sovereignty is not given, it is taken, and we Turks who are and have always been the very embodiment of freedom and independence have taken our nation back. Happy is he who says, "I am a Turk.”
WarSmith went on to reveal far reaching reforms, as the crowd cheered one after another. The new republic is to be secular, with religion removed from all influence on government, and democracy would flourish, including universal suffrage with greater power to women and the poor than ever before through their ability to choose their government on the basis of equality. Measures would be taken to improve education for all and raise industrial technology, but the greatest revolution of all was the undertaking to stand as a western nation rather than an eastern one. All forms of ottoman culture would be discouraged, and the Fez outlawed: as western clothing, education and even the Latin alphabet would be adapted.
At one point in the speech the great leader announced the renaming of Constantinople to ‘Istanbul’ and looked to the sky and was seen to whisper the following strange words, assumed by the crowd to be some kind of prayer: “should Lordelindel and paint.net allow it”. Love of the nation, humanity and morality were at the core of the speech.

As part of the modernization of the country WarSmith denounced the war currently occurring throughout Europe, saying: ‘peace at home, peace in the world - Every nation has the right to demand proper treatment and no country should violate the territory of any other country, let Turkey be a beacon of hope to the troubled nations of Europe."He made no comment on the secret warship ‘cloaking’ technology rumoured to be deployed by the Turkish fleet.
But he went on to tell his public how to deal with aggressive foreign forces should they threaten her territories. “Following the military triumph we accomplished by bayonets, weapons and blood, we shall strive to win victories in such fields as culture, scholarship, science and economics. However, should we have to fight, we will fight. This nation has not lived without her independence. She will not and cannot live without it. Liberty or death!"
After the rousing speech the nation’s savoir was carried aloft by the crowd for miles, and was last seen entering the Harem quarters of the ottoman palace, to much cheering and merriment in the streets outside. That was two weeks ago.

and FRANCE!:
"Today the French people are winning.
Today i go in the streets of Paris, the most important and powerful city of the world, and see the faces of victory.
I go in the streets of Marseliess, seeing trade and income from North Africa, Spain and Portugal.
I see only French ships.
I go to Piedmont and see the Italian people, shocked and tired from battle, do not want to fight any more. Their eyes are thanking me, they know a new and better age for their people began. The age of power and freedom, the age of trade and peace, and the age of the wonderful French culture.
I go north through Swi, and see Munich and Rhur.
So much destroyment, so much blood and pain, but its all ending soon. I see a future for this land, a future of the one and only powerful and great - France.

The German armies are fading away, the soldeirs will never be in peace, but their sons will be French, will know peace love justice and trade.

The French army is looking back to Paris, every soldeirs knows that because of him France is great and powerful, knows that his family is waiting for him in France.

But he know that the way is far, and the final battle is not even close.
He looks foward, with the spirit of battle in his eyes.

The strongest army Eruope has ever seen since the day of mighty Napoleon!

The army of Italy takes the weapon and march to battle, but deep inside every soldier there is the same question with out any answer:
Who can face the French Army?
Last edited by Aeschines on 27 Oct 2009, 05:02, edited 2 times in total.
Platinum Member of the Classicists
Aeschines
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1487
All-game rating: 1626
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Speeches of the last set

Postby WarSmith » 26 Oct 2009, 22:29

I think it would be OK to take a few late speeches, England for one - is missed...

Oh, and can I just point out that as well as the cloaking device we Turks have also devised an innovative 'NMR detector' that can sense the presence of one well in advance, and it orders a stab immediately. Its an automated thing, so sorry Italy - nothing much I could do about that Damn modern technology. It sits right up there on the mast next to the 'Deanchuk alliance maker 3000' - one of the most deadly inventions around, as I found out to my pain in one of his recent offerings for 'high rankers'.
In all seriousness JStott is usually very reliable - you ok mate?

Nice speech russia, proving that you are not colourblind also - Rumania does still have yellow fever though...

Oh and for all those thinking that my speech just proves I am a total boffin, its pretty much the end of my little soap-opera, so they'll get a lot shorter from now on!
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to put its pants on”
WarSmith
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1689
All-game rating: 1685
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby feldspar » 27 Oct 2009, 02:14

Very sorry. I was a little confused on whether or not we were writing speeches so I decided I would write one if I saw that other people did. Well, here it is:

The entirety of Trafalgar Square is filled with people, as men and women from all over the British Isles crowd into the square, waiting for Prime Minster Feldimus Sparington's new Speech. Everybody has heard of the valiant defense of Edinburgh from the invading Germans, and the Prime Minister has gained much prestige and glory for it. Everybody cheers as the Prime minister ascends the stairs and begins the walk to the podium. It is clear that by the way he looks he is very relieved and grateful for the admiration. He puts on the appearance of great enthusiasm for his victory, but he cannot hide his age, and he is still a tired old man. Because of the great hustle and bustle of the crowd, few people notice the new walking cane the Prime Minister uses as he walks. The crowd hushes to complete silence, and the Prime Minister begins:

"Thank you all for your kind applause, but we must get on to business. I am sure you have all heard of the battle of Edinburgh, and the brave troops who valiantly defended one of our most treasured cities, and the determined and hard-working generals who brought us to victory. This battle has been a grand victory for the English Empire, and signifies a turning point in the war. We must now turn our efforts away from the Germans, and face our new and more powerful foe: The Russians. Indeed, it is a step that will be hard, and will take time but it is a step that is necessary to take if we wish to have lasting peace in Europe. Europe must be ruled by the people, and by democracy, and not by tyrants or dictators! And so we must depose of this Czar by whatever way possible, for what we fail to accomplish here will haunt us and our children, and our grandchildren!

So I say that we must move onwards to victory! Onwards for peace! Onwards for democracy! and Onwards for the English Empire!

Thunderous applause and cheering breaks out from the enormous crowd, and the Prime Minister is swept up in delight and gratitude. It was a day for Edinburgh yesterday, it is a good day for London today, and it will be a good day for all of Britain tomorrow.
"They got squid" -The Maxx
feldspar

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby jstott » 27 Oct 2009, 03:54

I also got confused a bit, with the restarting of the game and such.

Checking the moves, I am completely sure that I sent in my moves and stuff. Hold on...

Yes, here they are!

jstott wrote:Tus - Pie
Ven S Tus - Pie
Tyn - GoL
Tun - NAf
Ion - Tun
Bud - Ser
Gal - Ukr
Tri - Tyr

So nya!

Italian forces advanc further into Central Europe, completely unaware of the danger that surrounds them...
Do you hear the people sing,
Lost in the valley of the night,
It is the music of a people,
Who are climbing to the light,

For the wretched of the earth,
There is a flame that never dies,
Even the darkest night must end,
And the sun will rise
jstott

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby Aeschines » 27 Oct 2009, 05:11

Sorry about that! You did indeed submit orders. Sorry!
Platinum Member of the Classicists
Aeschines
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1487
All-game rating: 1626
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby jstott » 27 Oct 2009, 05:23

No problem.
Do you hear the people sing,
Lost in the valley of the night,