3 Way Draw suggestions

Standard game, but players write speeches describing the action, making proposals, etc. Standard points awarded, with the best speakers getting bonus points. Created by deanchuk. GMs: lordelindel, AlphaTangoEcho. Winner - Warsmith (Turkey)

3 Way Draw suggestions

Postby deanchuk » 17 Feb 2010, 04:03

Since I see that the game is going VERY slowly, maybe we could finish what is obvious to happen now.

Napoleon the 4th offers a 3 way draw victory to:
The Sultan of Turkey.
The Prime Minister of Great Britannia.

The winners will be invited to Paris and will get 2 awards for their loyalty from the French Empire.
The losers life will have mercy on, but mark my words! if you reject, you will be hanged in the streets of Paris!

Vive Le France! :twisted:

France: ACCEPT
Great Brittan: ACCEPT
Turkey: ACCEPT
Italy: ACCEPT
Russia: ACCEPT
Last edited by deanchuk on 21 Feb 2010, 23:21, edited 3 times in total.
If you dont see the idiot of Europe, its you
The Playdip community votes:
Most active on forum-Gold
best suggestions-Gold

Manager of "Hey Deanchuk ATE The Young War Doctor Malcolm Smith" best team on league
deanchuk

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: 3 Way Draw suggestions

Postby jstott » 17 Feb 2010, 14:56

I accept the proposal, with dignity.
Do you hear the people sing,
Lost in the valley of the night,
It is the music of a people,
Who are climbing to the light,

For the wretched of the earth,
There is a flame that never dies,
Even the darkest night must end,
And the sun will rise
jstott

Class: Diplomat
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby feldspar » 19 Feb 2010, 03:43

jstott wrote:I accept the proposal, with dignity.

Indeed. I can honestly say that the first two years held witness to the best Italian opening moves I have seen.

The current prime minister, Feldimus Sparington, accepts this treaty wholeheartedly, and proposes a convention at Versailles after the war is over so that closing speeches can be made and country adjustments can be suggested and ratified.
"They got squid" -The Maxx
feldspar

Timezone: GMT-8

Postby WarSmith » 19 Feb 2010, 16:36

I'm in favour of ending this, its dragging on.
Did you get my lastspeech Deanchuk? - I sent it 2 weeks ago... The content of that was based upon a game continuing at a decent, sustainable pace.
Why not publish those you did receive? (or was there only 1?)

The Father of Turks accepts the draw.

This is not my favoured thing to do however, as I believe that we could play on... and as my last, unpublished speech infers - there could have been some twists and turns. However the way this one is dragging is really fustrating, so I accept the draw.
This is hardest on Russia, and if the draw is unacceptable to the great bear I will not lose sweat about carrying on or seeing an alternative proposal.

"Peace at home, Peace in the world" Mustafa kemal Ataturk, founder of the Turkish republic
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to put its pants on”
WarSmith

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1689
All-game rating: 1685
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby raphtown » 20 Feb 2010, 21:51

This game has gone on for too long. I accept the draw.
The Classicists are a group dedicated to reducing player NMRs.
raphtown

Postby WarSmith » 21 Feb 2010, 22:25

Better get a closing script (AAR) together then....
Well played all. I, at least, enjoyed it!

Here was the speech I sent for publishing (based upon a premise that the game would continue) two weeks ago to go with the previous set of orders, incidently:

Not since the days of the Grand Turk have our armies stood at the gates of Vienna, and dominated the Med so widely.
We can be proud of our achievements and the tremble that can be felt in every other foreign power as we sweep aside the defences of the lands of the former roman empire before us, just as Atilla once did.

However, a great sea of blue washes across from the west. We are left wondering whether this will be an ill tide for our own concerns, or a comforting warm current of friendship. So far our conquest of the roman states has been aided by this western influence, and we hope that the tide remains warm to the Turkish interests. The ice-hearted russian has provided a great and resolute defence of her land, as Russia can always be relied upon to do. This resilience is something we respect unreservedly and reward with neutral stance towards her holdings, even though all we would need do was to twitch a muscle to make good gains in the whitest regions. But, we display restraint and admiration to those who battle hard, and although we are far removed and have no animosity at all towards her current enemies, we watch the development of the northern diplomatic situation very carefully.

I, father of Turks strongly believe that the future of the continent of europe lies in the hands of the free Turkish nation. We will continue to prosecute the war on Italy, but with developments apace on other fronts, we would like to push forward our unmatchable credentials as an international peacemaker and mediator, or balance breaker. As we enter an era of a four-pointed power balance, it is not impossble that this story still holds a twist or two, and I would like to be the one holding the monkey wrench. I entreat all rulers to speak to me about changing this story for the better, to avoid an otherwise mundane possibility - lives may be lost, but smiles will be wide.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to put its pants on”
WarSmith

Postby feldspar » 26 Feb 2010, 01:35

Good game everybody! Should we open up a new topic for AARs/closing speeches/Treaty of Versailles? Or would I be the only person interested in that?
"They got squid" -The Maxx
feldspar

Postby WarSmith » 26 Feb 2010, 06:25

You and me only I guess...
WarSmith

Postby raphtown » 26 Feb 2010, 06:27

I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner, but I am quite busy. Of course I would be interested, but I don't know when I will have time to do so. :(
The Classicists are a group dedicated to reducing player NMRs.
raphtown

Return to Speech of War {All Maps Lost}