Speeches fall 1905

Standard game, but players write speeches describing the action, making proposals, etc. Standard points awarded, with the best speakers getting bonus points. Created by deanchuk. GMs: lordelindel, AlphaTangoEcho. Winner - Warsmith (Turkey)

Speeches fall 1905

Postby Aeschines » 17 Jan 2010, 00:31

Turkey:

Speech:
Unless a nation's life faces peril, war is a crime.
Facing threats toour long-termsurvival from multiple directions, It has been the hardest decision of my government to send our children into war again in order to secure lasting peace for our nation and for europe, the world. As a country spanning two continents it is our duty first amongst nations in the world to fight with all our hearts until peace is a realistic ending to violence.
The Turkish nation continues its reconquering of the former lands of the Ottoman empire, with Albania now joining the list of liberated peoples in the Balkans. We dominate the eastern meditteranean as we have not done since the days of Admiral Sinan.
Alliances are hard to come by in europe nowadays, and we have had to shift our stand-point on more than one occasion due to changes in the international politcal climate. We are confident that we now have alliances that will secure lasting peace for the Turks as well as europe itself. Whilst this is tough for those we have flirted with in the past, it is in the best interests of securing our long-term survival.
We wave goodbye to the honourable German nation as it joins the austrian empire in the history books.

Footnote: We have tracked down the source of all evil, our spies located two people by the names of Gates and Jobs visiting ruins in Cathage, and have made attempts to apprehend them, and hope not to get too much resistance from local town militia.
Platinum Member of the Classicists
Aeschines
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1504
All-game rating: 1647
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Speeches fall 1905

Postby deanchuk » 17 Jan 2010, 01:59

Nice speech.

I was thinking its not really good to make speeches because that we were freeze for so long we already forget.

Lorde, would you want that il manage the speeches schedule and every thing from now on?
If you dont see the idiot of Europe, its you
The Playdip community votes:
Most active on forum-Gold
best suggestions-Gold

Manager of "Hey Deanchuk ATE The Young War Doctor Malcolm Smith" best team on league
deanchuk

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby feldspar » 17 Jan 2010, 03:50

Ha ha! I'm glad to see that the long tradition of giving speeches is going strong!

Sorry about the absence of my speech. I've had a very busy week, but that's no excuse. I'll post a speech soon.
"They got squid" -The Maxx
feldspar

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Aeschines » 17 Jan 2010, 08:53

deanchuk wrote:Nice speech.

I was thinking its not really good to make speeches because that we were freeze for so long we already forget.

Lorde, would you want that il manage the speeches schedule and every thing from now on?

Sure! Although it really isn't a whole lot of trouble. If you'd like it it's yours!
Platinum Member of the Classicists
Aeschines
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1504
All-game rating: 1647

Postby WarSmith » 17 Jan 2010, 12:43

The game is called speech of war, if people can't be bothered then we should just DIAS and tie things up. Otherwise its just a classic game and we could have played it without the need for a GM etc...
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to put its pants on”
WarSmith

Standard rating: 1689
All-game rating: 1685
Timezone: GMT+2

Return to Speech of War {All Maps Lost}