Proposal 311 - The Spirit is Willing

Moderators: Crunkus, connect4

Re: Proposal 311 - The Spirit is Willing

Postby Justini12 » 29 Mar 2014, 14:05

Rule 301.5 states that the voting phase is over after all active players have voted. So my adjucation post stands.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Justini12

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (932)
All-game rating: (859)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby connect4 » 29 Mar 2014, 14:10

super_dipsy wrote:AYE

Check the color code sir. Dipsy screwed up again. :(
connect4

Standard rating: (1042)
All-game rating: (1012)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Justini12 » 29 Mar 2014, 14:27

connect4 wrote:
super_dipsy wrote:AYE

Check the color code sir. Dipsy screwed up again. :(

I guess. That vote is in the wrong red, so legally, super_dipsy still needs to vote.
Justini12

Postby super_dipsy » 29 Mar 2014, 16:24

connect4 wrote:Check the color code sir. Dipsy screwed up again. :(

Oh dear. It is just so difficult with all these specifications in so many pages ;)

When I vote it closes the vote. Let me have a quick word with C4
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931
Timezone: GMT

Postby super_dipsy » 29 Mar 2014, 17:01

OK, doesn't look like I can get enough to get either to pass even with C4's help, so I will go ahead and close the vote.

AYE

I am terrified of trying to score up, I only vaguely understand what is going on. But I am going to use the last adjudication post made in error and try to use that as a blueprint.

Oh wait, I am not sure I can do that. There is something I don't understand, I think I need better legal eagles than me to help.

I can see that in jqz's scoring post post he left off Palin's AYE for the Thing, which I think probably changes the midi-chlorian counts. The bit I am unsure of is I THINK that Ugluk's sensing a disturbance in the force based on jqz's post is not valid because jqz fizzed his voting post and since the format and colour of the voting post affects the command structure then I think (as in 308 V a i ) the star wars effect is rendered null and void. But I wouldn't swear to it. As I say, I am not following some of this too well. I suppose I could hope that because the post was fizzed then the votes wouldn't count either, but I honestly cannot decipher whether that is the case or not. However it seems to mean it only affects star wars-ish things.

So I guess we better wait the scoring up until someone can work out whether the fizzing matters or not. Anyone able to help?
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931
Timezone: GMT

Postby Crunkus » 29 Mar 2014, 17:05

Currently we have no one who is stating the fizzing happened.

jqz: Did you fizz that post? Straight up. It's understandable but indeed scoring and vote relevant.
(sigh)
Crunkus

Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (944)

Postby Justini12 » 29 Mar 2014, 17:08

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "fizzing". Could you clarify?
Justini12

Postby Crunkus » 29 Mar 2014, 17:13

jqz1212jc wrote:I'm not quite sure what you mean by "fizzing". Could you clarify?

Did you edit the post's command content (your vote) after posting it? See the last clause in 308.

If a post was edited that contained a size, colour, html code, or in its own line sensitive game concept activation/initiation type content (hereafter to be referred to as command content) that is referenced in this rule, or by any Thing or property of a Thing defined in this rule, or by and Thing created as a result of a clause in this rule, then any command content in that post is to be ignored. Note that this does not include proposal copy during the proposal phase or Things or other game concepts presented for alteration during the proposal phase that will be voted upon in the voting phase. Players in Nomic 5 voting AYE to this proposal or making use of any game concept that is derived in part from this rule are honour-bound in a way as outside Nomic as it is possible to be stipulated within the bounds of Nomic to not purposely abuse this mechanic to advantage in order to have inconvenient command content nullified. In short, the act of post-submit revision to manipulate this rule's and this rule's derivative command content is rendered illegal and otherwise unsavory by this clause. Accidental post-submit revision without such intent will have the same ignoring of command content effect unless the turn is complete. Future rules may simply give their rule a clause which states simply: No fizzing, and it will be understood as a game concept to refer to this same prohibition.
(sigh)
Crunkus

Postby Crunkus » 29 Mar 2014, 17:14

I don't even know what this is over or if the post in question has content in it relevant to 308.
(sigh)
Crunkus

Postby Justini12 » 29 Mar 2014, 17:19

No, I edited a spelling error. You can see it where Pagane quoted my post (which, as you can see by the time stamp, was before I edited it)
If that still voids my vote, then:
NAY
NAY
Justini12

PreviousNext

Return to Nomic 5 (finished)