Nomic 5 - Proposal 302 "Thingagenesis" (Passed)

Moderators: Crunkus, connect4

Re: Nomic 5 - Proposal 302 "Thingagenesis" Judgment Require

Postby super_dipsy » 20 Feb 2014, 17:44

There is no judgement to overrule. I think we are talking about the active players voting to continue.

However I stand corrected. I thought glittle had been called inactive and that was what the judgement was about, but I see that I got it the wrong way around. Glittle posted the results and Crunkus called for judgement because clearly glittle is actually inactive too. Therefore if you guys DO decide to vote to continue, it will actually be glittle's go. But personally (I have no vote of course since I am inactive) I think you should wait for C4 to rule, because he is almost certain to rule that glittle's vote was not made in the 24 hour elapsed time period.

And in case anyone is wondering (this is not note the first time players have gone inactive ;) ) players are reactivated when they make a legal vote on a new proposal.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931
Timezone: GMT

Postby glittle » 20 Feb 2014, 18:03

super_dipsy wrote:However, if the majority of the active players (I am not one so I cannot vote) want to vote to continue, it is then Pagane's turn.

I misinterpreted this line to say "if a majority of players vote to continue, the game continues regardless of state" and cast my vote. However, that's not in the rules. But I will vote to overrule the judgement before it has been made to uphold my adjudication.

OVERRULE
Open the door,
Get on the floor,
Everybody walk
The dinosaur!
glittle

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Ugluk » 20 Feb 2014, 19:29

The 'penalty' is a missed rule proposal turn for glittle, since he was next in line, and play passes over inactive players.
Niakan is a tease.
Ugluk

Standard rating: (1048)
All-game rating: (1028)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Ugluk » 20 Feb 2014, 19:39

Rule 212 wrote:If a Judge's Judgment is overruled or if the judge cannot or will not rule on a particular disagreement for any reason, then the player preceding the Judge in the playing order becomes the new Judge for the question, and so on, except that no player is to be Judge during his or her own turn or during the turn of a team-mate.

Since over 24 hours have passed since the end of Rule 302, I am taking the reigns of the invoked Judgement, as I am next in line after connect4. My judgement may be overruled in accordance with the Rules.

I judge that glittle et. al. have failed to vote within the allotted time frame. Any late votes are not to be tallied. glittle et. al. are now inactive. Pagane is now on the clock to submit Rule 303.
Niakan is a tease.
Ugluk

Postby Ugluk » 20 Feb 2014, 19:46

glittle is now inactive.
numberwang1 is now inactive.
super_dipsy is now inactive.
As previously tallied, Crunkus gains 11 points.
Niakan is a tease.
Ugluk

Postby glittle » 20 Feb 2014, 20:08

Connect4 is also inactive for failure to post a judgment.
Open the door,
Get on the floor,
Everybody walk
The dinosaur!
glittle

All-game rating: (1000)

Re: Nomic 5 - Proposal 302 "Thingagenesis" AP Consent Requi

Postby Crunkus » 20 Feb 2014, 21:17

Ugluk wrote:
Rule 212 wrote:If a Judge's Judgment is overruled or if the judge cannot or will not rule on a particular disagreement for any reason, then the player preceding the Judge in the playing order becomes the new Judge for the question, and so on, except that no player is to be Judge during his or her own turn or during the turn of a team-mate.

Since over 24 hours have passed since the end of Rule 302, I am taking the reigns of the invoked Judgement, as I am next in line after connect4. My judgement may be overruled in accordance with the Rules.

I judge that glittle et. al. have failed to vote within the allotted time frame. Any late votes are not to be tallied. glittle et. al. are now inactive. Pagane is now on the clock to submit Rule 303.

I accept Ugluk's judgment, but not that Pagane is currently on the clock.

212. If players disagree about the legality of a move or the interpretation or application of a rule, then the active player preceding the player who began the turn in which the disagreement arose is to be the Judge and decide the question. Disagreement for the purposes of this rule may be created by the insistence of any player. This process is called invoking Judgment.

When Judgment has been invoked, the next player may not begin his or her turn without the consent of a majority of the other players.

The Judge's Judgment may be overruled only by a three-fourths vote of the other players taken before the next turn is begun. If a Judge's Judgment is overruled or if the judge cannot or will not rule on a particular disagreement for any reason, then the player preceding the Judge in the playing order becomes the new Judge for the question, and so on, except that no player is to be Judge during his or her own turn or during the turn of a team-mate. A judge is encouraged to voluntarily recuse himself from his duties if a possible conflict of interest would result from his judging.

Unless a Judge is overruled or he recuses himself, one Judge settles all questions arising from the game until the next turn is begun, including questions as to his or her own legitimacy and jurisdiction as Judge.

New Judges are not bound by the decisions of old Judges. New Judges may, however, settle only those questions on which the players currently disagree and that affect the completion of the turn in which Judgment was invoked. All decisions by Judges shall be in accordance with all the rules then in effect; but when the rules are silent, inconsistent, or unclear on the point at issue, then the Judge shall consider game-custom and the spirit of the game before applying other standards.

I Consent.
(sigh)
Crunkus

Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (944)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Nomic 5 - Proposal 302 "Thingagenesis" AP Consent Requir

Postby Pagane » 20 Feb 2014, 21:23

I Consent.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Previously known as Santiago Matamoros.
Pagane

Standard rating: (1079)
All-game rating: (1085)

Postby Pagane » 20 Feb 2014, 21:27

With Connect4 inactive due to lack of Judgement, Glittle and Dipsy inactive per Ugluk's Judgement, and Pezgod and Numberwang inactive due to inactivity, that leaves 4 active players: Crunkus, Ugluk, Quantum Hovercraft, and myself.

We have 2/4 consenting to a continuation. We need one more vote to reach a majority.

My Proposal 303 should be ready to go by then.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Previously known as Santiago Matamoros.
Pagane

Standard rating: (1079)
All-game rating: (1085)

Postby Ugluk » 20 Feb 2014, 21:29

My consent is implied.

glittle is correct about connect4 also being inactive, which presents a question of how to maintain score and rule set, since connect4's inactivity is no just rhetoric.
Niakan is a tease.
Ugluk

PreviousNext

Return to Nomic 5 (finished)