Possibly Official PDVT Finals Odds Update v3

TD: sinnybee; Assistant TD: mr bump

Moderator: sinnybee

Possibly Official PDVT Finals Odds Update v3

Postby Nanook » 23 Dec 2014, 21:46

So much happening. So little time. So many gifts to buy/make/con others out of, and so much wrapping to mangle horribly. Seriously, to hell with Scotch tape, that stuff is the work of the devil. I think I picked the wrong game to do odds for, there's a lot more talking (by which I mean PP, obviously) in WHS's top Classicist invitational game. And they have longer deadlines. But then again, more talking means more work for me, so maybe I picked the right game after all? Who knows, all I know is that I'm getting bored and distracted, which is the reason I'm giving for writing these farther apart than normal. I mean, I don't think I've seen a single taunt yet. What is this, a classy game or something? :roll:

Anyways, some odds, and I think sinny won a bet. If you disagree with my odds, then feel free to leave a comment. You'll most likely be the only one, so maybe I'll give you a prize. Which I feel confident offering, since, you know, there are probably only 3 people reading this (yes, we lost two from the top-7 game. What can I say, it's just not as high profile a game).

Solo odds by country:
Britain, 3/1
France, 7/1
Italy, 5/1
Germany, 15/1
Poland, 8/1
Turkey, 7/1
USSR, 5/1
Any Minor, 20/1

Over/Unders:
Most SC's at end of game for a minor, 3 at 1/4, 5/1; 3.5 at 1/2, 3/1; 4 at 1/1, 3/2; 4.5 at 3/2, 5/4; 5 at 4/1, 9/5; 5.5 at 5/1, 1/2.
(First number is number of SC's. Second number are odds for over bets. Third number are the odds for under bets. Push bets are all 2/1 odds.)

Odds that a member of the classicists solos:
Even odds
(remember, the classicists in the game are: Major B, AlmanMEin, poorfool, Mozzarella, and JonS.)

Weekly links:
Link to game: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/game_play_ ... e_id=94035
Christmas-themed item: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35WgpMq6e3o
Baby animal:
(those are reindeer calves, for those of you that couldn't tell)

Enjoy you three, and come back next week!

Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Possibly Official PDVT Finals Odds Update v3

Postby sinnybee » 24 Dec 2014, 09:19

It could easily be interpreted that you are talking up two other games more than this one lol...

No offense, but you haven't worked in sales, have you? ;)

You don't have to produce these threads, and if you do, they can be as infrequent as you want.
These can also come as often as you want, but when you post them, please don't down-play the game!

Yeah, the PD Versailles Tournament has been going on for a long time, and many (including me) are sort-of tired of it. However, this is the final game of what has been in my opinion an epic tournament!
Thirty-one (not short-handed) tournament games is a record! Over 100 sign-ups is a record! Seventy-seven participants is a record!

Yeah, I could have been a more diligent Tournament Director for sure, including creating more hype for the final game, but it just wasn't in the cards.

Thank you Nookie for more great pictures (and odds)--great stuff :).
Gold Classicist since 1-11-11
FT Asst GM of 35 player WWIV Aug 2011-Feb 2012
#1 ranked player of playdip early 2013
4th highest forum karma count at Apr 2013 ending (behind Craw, Dipsy, and Rick)
Tournament Director of the 31 game PDVT Feb-Dec 2014, the first playdip tourney with over 100 sign-ups
sinnybee

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1467)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Nanook » 24 Dec 2014, 09:33

Hmm, it seems that I may have misrepresented myself a bit, and for that I apologize.

I'll write more next post clarifying more, but for now let me say: what I said that seems to be what's being taken offense at was written in jest, tongue in cheek. The PDVT was an incredible feat, and I'm sure after that many games that everyone involved must be exhausted. I didn't mean to criticize, just poke a little fun, and I'm truly sorry if I crossed a line in doing so.

I hope to continue these posts, but in the future I'll be more careful, and taken more into consideration how my words could be interpreted differently from the way I meant them, and that I'm actually saying what I mean to.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby JonS » 25 Dec 2014, 19:17

I'm almost positive I'm not allowed to place a bet on the tournament as a participant...but what if I just take the Pete Rose path, and bet only on myself?

I'd like to wager one True Love's Kiss that JonS takes this in a solo!! (Can be delivered by anyone, as long as they qualify.... looking at you Charlie)

And I'll wager 500,000 pork bellies that the Classicists take the win.

But i should probably hedge out both those bets....so give me 50 gold pieces on Thorntonian Empire soloing as well.

Unless one to three of these are wildly illegal, in which case they never happened.

Except in my heart.

Charlie....
“Find an ally who will die for you, and see that he does just that.”
The immortal Richard Sharp

Platinum Member of the Classicists Club
House Tyrell in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire
JonS

Standard rating: (1557)
All-game rating: (1606)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Alman » 25 Dec 2014, 19:46

JonS wrote:I'd like to wager one True Love's Kiss that JonS takes this in a solo!! (Can be delivered by anyone, as long as they qualify.... looking at you Charlie)........

Except in my heart.

Charlie....

Almost, ALMOST, (but not quite) worth throwing the game just for a picture of that bet being paid. :D
Bronze Member: The Classicists & Oldies
War in the Americas 7 PbF

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote" -Kosh
"Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound like it was." -Salvor Hardin
Alman

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1466)
All-game rating: (1586)

Return to PlayDip Versailles Tournament