Questions for Phase 2 PD Versailles Tournament players

TD: sinnybee; Assistant TD: mr bump

Moderator: sinnybee

Questions for Phase 2 PD Versailles Tournament players

Postby sinnybee » 04 Jul 2014, 11:37

Congratulations to the 28 (of 77+) players who have made it to Phase 2 / the Semifinals of the PlayDiplomacy Versailles Tournament!
Congratulations also to those who almost made the top 28 cut, some of which who will act as replacements / substitutes in Phase 2 games--thank you in advance for your help!

For several reasons, in Phase 2 (as it will also be for Phase 3 / the Final Board) we will have Anonymous Countries games (instead of Anonymous Players games).

We are going with Option A (with 16 votes) for a slower-paced Phase 2 (Option B, for a faster-paced Phase 2, received 6 votes).

Option A
3 Game C games will be created on 8 July, which should be joined ASAP after creation.
They will have 2/2/2 or 3/1/1 deadlines.

All 4 Game D games will be created prior to 21 July (probably the 18th or 19th of July), to be joined by players no later than 21 July.
They will have 2/1/1 deadlines.

The 4th Game C game will be created about 2 weeks after the Game D games are created.
It will have 1/1/1 deadlines.

Option B (red font indicates changes from Option A)
3 Game C games will be created on 8 July, which should be joined ASAP after creation.
They will have 2/1/1 deadlines.

All 4 Game D games will be created prior to 21 July (probably the 18th or 19th of July), to be joined by players no later than 21 July.
They will have 1/1/1 deadlines.

The 4th Game C game will be created about 1 week after the Game D games are created.
It will have 1/1/1 deadlines.

If I refer you to this thread in a PM, please respond by PM to the following 2 questions (#3 is optional):

1) Do you prefer to be in one of the immediate Game C games, the later Game C game, or do you have no preference on the matter?
(There's a chance that you will have no say in the matter, that you will be placed in a game favoring playing against players you did not play against in Phase 1.)

2) If you end up being in one of the immediate Game C games, do you prefer 2/2/2 deadlines, 3/1/1 deadlines, or do you have no preference on the matter?

I will not refer to prior game icon preferences.
3) If you have a game icon preference, let me know:
1-Standard, with soldier and battleship
2-Tank
3-Cannon with Galleon or other multi-sailed ship
4-Catapult
5-Dino and shark
6-Cannon with simple, two-sailed ship

Thank you!

This post was last edited on 8 July.
Gold Classicist since 1-11-11
FT Asst GM of 35 player WWIV Aug 2011-Feb 2012
#1 ranked player of playdip early 2013
4th highest forum karma count at Apr 2013 ending (behind Craw, Dipsy, and Rick)
Tournament Director of the 31 game PDVT Feb-Dec 2014, the first playdip tourney with over 100 sign-ups
sinnybee

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1467)
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: Questions for Phase 2 PD Versailles Tournament players

Postby sinnybee » 08 Jul 2014, 23:28

It has been quite the challenge and quite the puzzle (I like puzzles and I like giving you guys choices) sorting the 28 of you into the 4 Game C games, getting you to play against players you have not played against in Games A & B, honoring preferences you recently indicated in the questions above, and when given the option, making games of similar player tournament point sums. I'm almost done (...I'll still have to randomly assign non-repeat major powers) and will hopefully create the 3 immediate Game C games in just a couple hours, thank you for your patience.
I take back what I said above--I no longer think that it's necessary that Phase 2 games be Anonymous Countries games. Therefore, I again leave it up to you--if you have a preference, PM me in the next couple hours regarding your desire for either Anonymous Players Phase 2 games (like we had for Phase 1) or for Anonymous Countries Phase 2 games (like we will have for Phase 3 / the Final Board).
Thank you.
Gold Classicist since 1-11-11
FT Asst GM of 35 player WWIV Aug 2011-Feb 2012
#1 ranked player of playdip early 2013
4th highest forum karma count at Apr 2013 ending (behind Craw, Dipsy, and Rick)
Tournament Director of the 31 game PDVT Feb-Dec 2014, the first playdip tourney with over 100 sign-ups
sinnybee

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1467)
Timezone: GMT-7

Return to PlayDip Versailles Tournament