Napoleonic: E&C AARs

9-player variant in which formal coalitions can be formed between powers. Designed and GMd by VaeVictus. Solo win: JonathanSwaim (Prussia); 4-way draw shared between Austria (Stanislaw), Britain (Xildur) and France (haroonriaz)

Napoleonic: E&C AARs

Postby VaeVictis » 30 Apr 2014, 23:37

AARs may go here.
VaeVictis

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1248)
All-game rating: (1251)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Napoleonic: E&C AARs

Postby FortressDoor » 01 May 2014, 00:25

Post my thoughts later, but suffice to say good game to you Swain. Played me like a fiddle all throughout the game. Too bad English control kept switching though.
GM of Ancients of the World. PM to sign up!
viewforum.php?f=518
FortressDoor

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (972)
All-game rating: (972)
Timezone: GMT

Postby JonathanSwaim » 01 May 2014, 03:06

Details later. That was tough at the end. I already sent VaeVictus some suggestions for future incarnations.
Apparently I'm a Classicist. Huh. That's fun I guess.
Prussia in Napoleonic: Empires and Coalitions -- Golly that was a long time ago.
JonathanSwaim
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 976
All-game rating: 1169
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby haroonriaz » 01 May 2014, 22:37

The lack of loyalty to the French on the part of Denmark and Spain cost them the game. But they put up a good fight with the Ottomans. Random Fact: Didn't get to speak to any of the Britains.
More than half of Diplomacy games are ruined because players leave them half-way.
Silver Member Classicist, Cavalry, Captain CLD, Winner: War in the Americas, Joint: GoT I, 1792 Napoleonic Diplomacy 1, Zeus 3, Stew 2, East Asia 2, Loeb-9 3, Manifest Destiny I, 1905 2.0, Napoleonic E&C, Seismic 6
haroonriaz

Standard rating: (933)
All-game rating: (935)
Timezone: GMT+5

Postby FortressDoor » 02 May 2014, 00:29

haroonriaz wrote:The lack of loyalty to the French on the part of Denmark and Spain cost them the game. But they put up a good fight with the Ottomans. Random Fact: Didn't get to speak to any of the Britains.

Technically, I tried to help you out, but I was forced out of it by the Prussian stab. I WAS going for England. I just didn't want to attack Prussia until I had solifided a position in England
GM of Ancients of the World. PM to sign up!
viewforum.php?f=518
FortressDoor

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (972)
All-game rating: (972)

Postby G_Force » 05 May 2014, 21:34

I had to choose between a Britain that was pretty reliable and nice to me and a Frenchie who was also pretty nice. I therefore chose indecisiveness and allied both. Italy wasn't growing however and there was a grand alliance against France under way. I decided to join to get my share of the deal. I was to late, to indecisive. I afterwards ventured Eastwards, trying to figure out a deal with either the Turks or Sicily. I first attacked the Turks but they showed to be pretty resilient, and with a grand Prussia coming up I resolved to destroy Sicily together. In the meantime I couldn't get Marseilles because of Prussia's vassalisation of France and subsequent help. England was going down by Denmarks hand and wasn't of much use. The last phases of the game it was just me pushing against the south of Europe and the French holding. Nothing could be done. When England was vassalised we were lost.

And so, my spanish story ends.

I only regret not talking more. I was quite busy with my study, and must have angered Vaevictus with my constant late-messaging. Egh, I got what I deserved.

PS: I could have failed attacking Sicily on purpose to be vassalised by Prussia, thus winning. But what's the point in that? :P
G_Force

Postby haroonriaz » 06 May 2014, 22:25

Cheers.
More than half of Diplomacy games are ruined because players leave them half-way.
Silver Member Classicist, Cavalry, Captain CLD, Winner: War in the Americas, Joint: GoT I, 1792 Napoleonic Diplomacy 1, Zeus 3, Stew 2, East Asia 2, Loeb-9 3, Manifest Destiny I, 1905 2.0, Napoleonic E&C, Seismic 6
haroonriaz

Standard rating: (933)
All-game rating: (935)
Timezone: GMT+5

Postby Stanislaw » 07 May 2014, 01:02

I teamed up with Prussia very early game, though I didn't plan on becoming his vassal. Don't think anyone did..

Things went well against Russia, made no progress against France when I attacked him and a not so timely NMR meant I was in no shape to face the coming Prussian attack, meaning it was vassalage or death. Easy choice there..

Interesting feeling to be on the winning side even though I was down to 4 centers in the end. Really seems like Prussia's win and not so much mine at all..I just went along for the ride. ;)
When you play the game of thrones you win, or you die, there is no middle ground.

Platinum member of the Classicists
Stanislaw

Standard rating: (1434)
All-game rating: (1484)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Xildur » 08 May 2014, 08:00

Since I just come and almost nobody message me first, except Prussia, I just play a turn and it's over.
Therefore I have no opinion about the game.

I just want to congratulate Prussia for becoming the winner.
Just a Gamer looking for some fun
Xildur

Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1046)

Return to Napoleonic: Empires & Coalitions {All Maps Visible}