Battle Isle Finishes - AARs

GM: Waterice Man. 2-way draw - deanchuk (Riverrun)/ retard.in.denial (Borderlands).

Battle Isle Finishes - AARs

Postby Waterice man » 16 May 2009, 15:27

Congratulations to the winners deanchuk and retard.in.denial, and comiserations to the survivors trkertrsh and The Sea People, and to the dead JoeA-Z/Flatley and TheChosen1

AARs now!
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

The word 'surrender' derives from old French
User avatar
Waterice man
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: 31 Dec 2008, 18:36
Location: Britain. Chances are, you used to be in our empire
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Battle Isle Finishes - AARs

Postby deanchuk » 16 May 2009, 15:33

Thanks so much!!!
well heres my story,

in the start of the game i really didnt think im going to succses, talked with JoeA-Z about working togehder, but inside i knowed its not going to work.
so i thought that i need to start talking with RiD \ TheChosen1
and i have to be honest, my first messege was to theChosen1, about going north togheder.
but it was the first year and i wanted to see what was up with Rid as well, looked like a good ally, and i decided to foucus on going north, attacking JoeA-Z and not getting involved with theChosen1 and RiD isle, any way, after i got the upper hand agains JoeA-Z, i understood that i have to make diplomatic moves, saw that im going to have war with the Blue and Red, so RiD was the best option, and from then we just worked togehder as a team, a great team, we were the only alliance in that game, TheSeapepole stabbed trkertrsh and i was working with RiD, Alliance do work, espiacly with great players like RiD, thanks mate! for a great game!
and thanks every one!

EDIT:
Thank to Waterice man as well, as a GM i understend that its not nice that pepole dont say thanks that you do all the dirty job, so thanks to much Waterice man! for greating GMing! and thanks to RiD as well for bringing this map to the Forum!
If you dont see the idiot of Europe, its you
The Playdip community votes:
Most active on forum-Gold
best suggestions-Gold

Manager of "Hey Deanchuk ATE The Young War Doctor Malcolm Smith" best team on league
deanchuk
 
Posts: 3504
Joined: 25 Dec 2008, 21:26
Location: Princeton, NJ\Israel
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Battle Isle Finishes - AARs

Postby The Sea People » 19 May 2009, 23:38

Great map, my favorite game I've been in so far.

Opening: I didn't reach out to anyone except RiD and Trkertrsh. It was my intention of going after trk right away, but after I NMRed early, I saw I couldn't do that. RiD and me planned to let the mountain pass between us be peaceful, and that was all we had to do.

After the game began to develop, I started to wonder how long I could convince trk that I was a pacifist. Sorry man, I think this is the 3rd game I've stabbed you or something, just how the dice rolls. It was a great stab, and I almost cleared my island. I saw that Deanchuck was getting big, but I wasn't worried because I had so many fleets. I remember that someone said that b/c of bridges, fleets were superfluous, and I think I proved that wrong pretty well. I think I over extended a little, which is what eventually led to my downfall.

Ending: It was down to just us 3, I was confident that it would be me and RiD, I was wrong, great stab by him, and after a year of denial, I saw that I would have to accept the draw.

Great game, peace all.
"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake."
User avatar
The Sea People
 
Posts: 154
Joined: 05 Jan 2009, 00:40
Location: Boston, MA
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Battle Isle Finishes - AARs

Postby retard.in.denial » 20 May 2009, 19:04

To start with:
Communications with TheSeaPeople, Deanchuk and TheChosen1
I intended on stabbing TheChosen1 as soon as he trusted me too much however I saw an opportunity and I took it, its effect was massively improved by his NMR meaning I could sweep through him quickly, except I underestimated his ability and ended getting caught up for longer than I had hoped, I don't really know why I agreed to letting Deanchuk have one of Chosen's centres I guess its because Deanchuk had also intended on attacking Chosen it was just 'cause I beat him to it, however, there was multiple times where I considered asking for it back, but, I was perfectly happy with the strength of our alliance so I saw no need to have it...

When JoeA-Z NMR'd and Deacnhuk sweeped through swiftly I was slightly worried as he had gained loads of SC's quickly and he had the island in the sea and one of Chosen's centres and was in a good position in the isle (which I had not even entered yet), at this point I decided I needed some quick SC's so I got convoying into the Isle.

I had always known I was going to have to stab either Deanchuk or TheSeaPeople and I did not like it and didn't make a decision until it came to the time of having to do it... I saw Deanchuks strength and knew my best chance for a solo would be to stab Deacnhuk however I saw that there was too much risk that way and that the game could be over quickly with a 2-way draw against TheSeaPeople so betraying our agreement I entered the mountain range and secured myself in the sea.

It was only then that I noticed Deanchuk had way too many more units than me so I was having to move swiftly and I had a plan but it got to a point where TheSeaPeople had denied one draw proposal (which was alright cause I had a plan) but then he pointed out that Deanchuk only needed one more SC to go solo! So in a panic I proposed a draw and fortunately everyone accepted!:!: :D

That was it Game Over.
An awesome game on an awesome map against awesome opponents!
Thanks everyone!
Thank you again Waterice Man, this was your first time GMing I believe and you did a great job! Thanks.

RiD
Its cause I'm awesome.
User avatar
retard.in.denial
 
Posts: 541
Joined: 11 Sep 2008, 09:19
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Battle Isle Finishes - AARs

Postby The Sea People » 27 May 2009, 06:13

I'd like to hear from some of the early casualties, if they are still around.
"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake."
User avatar
The Sea People
 
Posts: 154
Joined: 05 Jan 2009, 00:40
Location: Boston, MA
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Battle Isle Finishes - AARs

Postby retard.in.denial » 27 May 2009, 12:01

Me too.
Its cause I'm awesome.
User avatar
retard.in.denial
 
Posts: 541
Joined: 11 Sep 2008, 09:19
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Battle Isle Finishes - AARs

Postby deanchuk » 27 May 2009, 14:53

retard.in.denial wrote:To start with:
Communications with TheSeaPeople, Deanchuk and TheChosen1
I intended on stabbing TheChosen1 as soon as he trusted me too much however I saw an opportunity and I took it, its effect was massively improved by his NMR meaning I could sweep through him quickly, except I underestimated his ability and ended getting caught up for longer than I had hoped, I don't really know why I agreed to letting Deanchuk have one of Chosen's centres I guess its because Deanchuk had also intended on attacking Chosen it was just 'cause I beat him to it, however, there was multiple times where I considered asking for it back, but, I was perfectly happy with the strength of our alliance so I saw no need to have it...

When JoeA-Z NMR'd and Deacnhuk sweeped through swiftly I was slightly worried as he had gained loads of SC's quickly and he had the island in the sea and one of Chosen's centres and was in a good position in the isle (which I had not even entered yet), at this point I decided I needed some quick SC's so I got convoying into the Isle.

I had always known I was going to have to stab either Deanchuk or TheSeaPeople and I did not like it and didn't make a decision until it came to the time of having to do it... I saw Deanchuks strength and knew my best chance for a solo would be to stab Deacnhuk however I saw that there was too much risk that way and that the game could be over quickly with a 2-way draw against TheSeaPeople so betraying our agreement I entered the mountain range and secured myself in the sea.

It was only then that I noticed Deanchuk had way too many more units than me so I was having to move swiftly and I had a plan but it got to a point where TheSeaPeople had denied one draw proposal (which was alright cause I had a plan) but then he pointed out that Deanchuk only needed one more SC to go solo! So in a panic I proposed a draw and fortunately everyone accepted!:!: :D

That was it Game Over.
An awesome game on an awesome map against awesome opponents!
Thanks everyone!
Thank you again Waterice Man, this was your first time GMing I believe and you did a great job! Thanks.

RiD


I thought we had trust in our alliance.
i didnt notice at all that your afraid that im stronger then you, if you would have asked i would give you Chosen1 supply centers, and about the solo i didnt noticed as well, and you saw i was about to give you some land from the Middle Isle.
If you dont see the idiot of Europe, its you
The Playdip community votes:
Most active on forum-Gold
best suggestions-Gold

Manager of "Hey Deanchuk ATE The Young War Doctor Malcolm Smith" best team on league
deanchuk
 
Posts: 3504
Joined: 25 Dec 2008, 21:26
Location: Princeton, NJ\Israel
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Battle Isle Finishes - AARs

Postby retard.in.denial » 28 May 2009, 13:04

deanchuk wrote:
retard.in.denial wrote:To start with:
Communications with TheSeaPeople, Deanchuk and TheChosen1
I intended on stabbing TheChosen1 as soon as he trusted me too much however I saw an opportunity and I took it, its effect was massively improved by his NMR meaning I could sweep through him quickly, except I underestimated his ability and ended getting caught up for longer than I had hoped, I don't really know why I agreed to letting Deanchuk have one of Chosen's centres I guess its because Deanchuk had also intended on attacking Chosen it was just 'cause I beat him to it, however, there was multiple times where I considered asking for it back, but, I was perfectly happy with the strength of our alliance so I saw no need to have it...

When JoeA-Z NMR'd and Deacnhuk sweeped through swiftly I was slightly worried as he had gained loads of SC's quickly and he had the island in the sea and one of Chosen's centres and was in a good position in the isle (which I had not even entered yet), at this point I decided I needed some quick SC's so I got convoying into the Isle.

I had always known I was going to have to stab either Deanchuk or TheSeaPeople and I did not like it and didn't make a decision until it came to the time of having to do it... I saw Deanchuks strength and knew my best chance for a solo would be to stab Deacnhuk however I saw that there was too much risk that way and that the game could be over quickly with a 2-way draw against TheSeaPeople so betraying our agreement I entered the mountain range and secured myself in the sea.

It was only then that I noticed Deanchuk had way too many more units than me so I was having to move swiftly and I had a plan but it got to a point where TheSeaPeople had denied one draw proposal (which was alright cause I had a plan) but then he pointed out that Deanchuk only needed one more SC to go solo! So in a panic I proposed a draw and fortunately everyone accepted!:!: :D

That was it Game Over.
An awesome game on an awesome map against awesome opponents!
Thanks everyone!
Thank you again Waterice Man, this was your first time GMing I believe and you did a great job! Thanks.

RiD


I thought we had trust in our alliance.
i didnt notice at all that your afraid that im stronger then you, if you would have asked i would give you Chosen1 supply centers, and about the solo i didnt noticed as well, and you saw i was about to give you some land from the Middle Isle.



We did have trust, how do you think we did so well, I'm just the nervous (protective) type. But anyone can be swayed by the solo opportunity. So I didn't want to point it out. And that was my only real worry, and I knew you were giving me some land so I trusted you, and in truth I think I realised quite early that I would be going all the way to the end with you as you trusted and I trusted you.
:D
Its cause I'm awesome.
User avatar
retard.in.denial
 
Posts: 541
Joined: 11 Sep 2008, 09:19
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Battle Isle Finishes - AARs

Postby deanchuk » 28 May 2009, 17:37

retard.in.denial wrote:
deanchuk wrote:
retard.in.denial wrote:To start with:
Communications with TheSeaPeople, Deanchuk and TheChosen1
I intended on stabbing TheChosen1 as soon as he trusted me too much however I saw an opportunity and I took it, its effect was massively improved by his NMR meaning I could sweep through him quickly, except I underestimated his ability and ended getting caught up for longer than I had hoped, I don't really know why I agreed to letting Deanchuk have one of Chosen's centres I guess its because Deanchuk had also intended on attacking Chosen it was just 'cause I beat him to it, however, there was multiple times where I considered asking for it back, but, I was perfectly happy with the strength of our alliance so I saw no need to have it...

When JoeA-Z NMR'd and Deacnhuk sweeped through swiftly I was slightly worried as he had gained loads of SC's quickly and he had the island in the sea and one of Chosen's centres and was in a good position in the isle (which I had not even entered yet), at this point I decided I needed some quick SC's so I got convoying into the Isle.

I had always known I was going to have to stab either Deanchuk or TheSeaPeople and I did not like it and didn't make a decision until it came to the time of having to do it... I saw Deanchuks strength and knew my best chance for a solo would be to stab Deacnhuk however I saw that there was too much risk that way and that the game could be over quickly with a 2-way draw against TheSeaPeople so betraying our agreement I entered the mountain range and secured myself in the sea.

It was only then that I noticed Deanchuk had way too many more units than me so I was having to move swiftly and I had a plan but it got to a point where TheSeaPeople had denied one draw proposal (which was alright cause I had a plan) but then he pointed out that Deanchuk only needed one more SC to go solo! So in a panic I proposed a draw and fortunately everyone accepted!:!: :D

That was it Game Over.
An awesome game on an awesome map against awesome opponents!
Thanks everyone!
Thank you again Waterice Man, this was your first time GMing I believe and you did a great job! Thanks.

RiD


I thought we had trust in our alliance.
i didnt notice at all that your afraid that im stronger then you, if you would have asked i would give you Chosen1 supply centers, and about the solo i didnt noticed as well, and you saw i was about to give you some land from the Middle Isle.



We did have trust, how do you think we did so well, I'm just the nervous (protective) type. But anyone can be swayed by the solo opportunity. So I didn't want to point it out. And that was my only real worry, and I knew you were giving me some land so I trusted you, and in truth I think I realised quite early that I would be going all the way to the end with you as you trusted and I trusted you.
:D


To tell you the truth, in the start when you talked about attacking theChosen1 i didnt really belived you and i thought i was going with him, but after some years i understood that i can trust you and we did great, alliance do work in this game
If you dont see the idiot of Europe, its you
The Playdip community votes:
Most active on forum-Gold
best suggestions-Gold

Manager of "Hey Deanchuk ATE The Young War Doctor Malcolm Smith" best team on league
deanchuk
 
Posts: 3504
Joined: 25 Dec 2008, 21:26
Location: Princeton, NJ\Israel
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Battle Isle Finishes - AARs

Postby retard.in.denial » 28 May 2009, 18:11

@ deanchuk :: its cuz we're awesome!
Its cause I'm awesome.
User avatar
retard.in.denial
 
Posts: 541
Joined: 11 Sep 2008, 09:19
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Next

Return to Game 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest