Imperial Diplomacy Strategy

World map beginning in 1861/1935. 13-player variant created by Michael David Roberts. Brought to site by Waterice Man.

Imperial Diplomacy Strategy

Postby eminem4evr21 » 02 May 2011, 21:39

I noticed that in World Diplomacy, there is an entire section dedicated to the strategy of the game. And I wondered, why is there no such thing for Imperial Diplomacy? After all, Imperial Diplomacy is certainly more dynamic, with countries influencing every part of the globe.

So I wanted to start a little section here about strategy. This is intented to be more of a pooling of ideas and theories, mainly because I could never go into such detail about each country like Master Radishes did lol.

So please, feel free to post your ideas about ID Strategy. The way i'd prefer it to be organized is that if you have a specific strategic topic, make a new post under this one about it. Example= "Imperial Diplomacy Strategy: Russia." It doesn't need to be a country, mind you, it could be something like "Imperial Diplomacy Strategy: The Americas." If you rather just post here, go ahead, it's just there are a lot of strategies and theories out there; it would be difficult to put it all in one post. Too much crowding without organization, you know?

I'll kick it off with a French strategy post, so let the strategizing begin!
eminem4evr21

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Imperial Diplomacy Strategy

Postby Waterice man » 02 May 2011, 23:58

As I am GMing this, and am hence officially neutral, I cannot comment here. However, I would be very interested to see what people have to say.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

The word 'surrender' derives from old French
Waterice man

Timezone: GMT

Re: Imperial Diplomacy Strategy

Postby cs » 03 May 2011, 01:14

If people post thoughts, it's important to note which game of Imperial is relevant. The map gets changed--playing Turkey in Imperial 3 was a very different proposition from Turkey in Imperial 4, for example.
cs

Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Imperial Diplomacy 1861 [Games 1-3] {All Maps Lost}