Spring 2004 Results

American variant set in 2000. Created(?)/Brought to site by The Sea People. GM: The Sea People. Game ended with no resolution.

Spring 2004 Results

Postby The Sea People » 01 Jun 2009, 22:40

Here are the Spring 2004 results.

California:
A - Ore -- move -- Idh
A - Ida -- move -- Mon
A - Nev -- hold
A - Col -- hold
A - Utah -- support -- Col-hold
F - Pac -- move -- NoP
F - LA (rc) -- move -- Colorado River
F - GoC -- move -- Pan

Southeast:
A - Nca hold
A - Geo -> Ten
F - Flo(wc) -> GoM
F - Key support Flo(wc) -> GoM
A - Ark -> Oka (BOUNCE)
F - SMS support Ark to hold (ORDER DOES NOT CORRESPOND)
A - Hou -> Tex (You cannot cut support of someone attacking you.) (RETREAT/*AUTO-DISBAND*)
F - Loi support Hou to hold (ORDER DOES NOT CORRESPOND)

Tri-State:
ohr move nms
sat move gom (BOUNCE)
nat move sat (BOUNCE)
pen hold
nyc support pen to hold

Midwest:
Iow -> Min
MCH -> Hur
Ill H
Ind S Ohi H
Mich S Ohi H
Ohi H

Texas:
dal to hou
tex sup dal to hou

Heartlands: NMR

The Map:
Diplomacy America Spring 2004 Moves Results.gif
Diplomacy America Spring 2004 Moves Results.gif (56.51 KiB) Viewed 1550 times

So Southeast's Houston Army was forced to disband, and that means there are no retreats. So Fall orders are due Wednesday at 10 PM.
"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake."
The Sea People

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Spring 2004 Results

Postby Jaded Knight » 03 Jun 2009, 03:24

If i remember correctly, in regular diplomacy if an army attacking is attacked it holds and the support would make it 2 on 2 and the territory wouldn't change hands. That is the way i have always seen it happen...
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.
Jaded Knight

Postby trkertrsh » 03 Jun 2009, 04:16

your order wasnt to hold so its a non corresponding order. That would be like saying well i had him go here but since he attacked me i want to go somewhere else.
trkertrsh

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (976)
All-game rating: (933)

Postby ak47 » 03 Jun 2009, 04:26

once again i suck at this game haha
Firefly Mafia in queue. Express interest here
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal"
"Ha ha ha Mine is an evil laugh!"
Forever the King of Mafia
Lover of Bacon
ak47

Postby The Sea People » 03 Jun 2009, 19:33

Get your orders in, I only have 2 orders so far.
The Sea People

Postby Jaded Knight » 03 Jun 2009, 23:28

trkertrsh wrote:your order wasnt to hold so its a non corresponding order. That would be like saying well i had him go here but since he attacked me i want to go somewhere else.

When you put it that way it just sounds stupid! :lol: I was just asking if it was supposed to be like regular Dip. online when something like that happens. If i attack, say Trieste with Venice and support Venice to hold with Rome; and Austria attacks Venice with Tyrolia and Trieste it is a bounce all around as the Venice unit holds and the supporting Rome kicks in. Nothing changes hands.

You are the GM of the game though, i play at the pleasure of the President. :)
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.
Jaded Knight

Postby ak47 » 03 Jun 2009, 23:46

Jaded Knight wrote:
trkertrsh wrote:your order wasnt to hold so its a non corresponding order. That would be like saying well i had him go here but since he attacked me i want to go somewhere else.

When you put it that way it just sounds stupid! :lol: I was just asking if it was supposed to be like regular Dip. online when something like that happens. If i attack, say Trieste with Venice and support Venice to hold with Rome; and Austria attacks Venice with Tyrolia and Trieste it is a bounce all around as the Venice unit holds and the supporting Rome kicks in. Nothing changes hands.

thats not the way the online kind works. it works the way trkertrsh says it does.
Firefly Mafia in queue. Express interest here
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal"
"Ha ha ha Mine is an evil laugh!"
Forever the King of Mafia
Lover of Bacon
ak47

Postby AardvarkArmy » 04 Jun 2009, 07:32

If i attack, say Trieste with Venice and support Venice to hold with Rome; and Austria attacks Venice with Tyrolia and Trieste it is a bounce all around as the Venice unit holds and the supporting Rome kicks in. Nothing changes hands.

This is NOT correct -- in this example, The Austrians absolutely would win Venice.

Look at it this way, every piece has to choose whether it is playing "offense" or "defense."

If Venice goes "offense" by attacking Trieste, then it cannot also be a "defensive" piece capable of being defensively supported. Rome's support for Venice is void and meaningless.

Rome can only support Venice to hold if Venice is a "defensive" piece -- either "holding" or "supporting" another.

If Venice is an "offensive" piece, it can only be supported offensively -- that is -- some other piece adjecent to Trieste can support Venice's offensive into Venice, but no piece can support Venice to hold...

The only way to save Venice in this case is the tricky self-attack: Rome must attack it's own piece in Venice, with, say Piedmont support. Then the Rome-Piedmont attack bounces the Trieste-Tyrolia attack and poor beleagered Venice stays put with all the other pieces fighting over it
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy

Standard rating: (1034)
All-game rating: (1259)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby The Sea People » 04 Jun 2009, 09:20

24 hour extension for 3 players who didn't turn their orders in.
The Sea People

Postby trkertrsh » 04 Jun 2009, 14:42

Jaded Knight wrote:

Actually its not if you move your army and tell another army to support it to hold its a non corresponding order and the support doesn't happen. You cant support a unit to hold if its trying to move elsewhere, im not sure where it let you do that but it doesnt work on here either.
trkertrsh

Standard rating: (976)
All-game rating: (933)

Next

Return to American Diplomacy [1 Game] {All Maps Lost}