Waterway Chart

American variant set in 2000. Created(?)/Brought to site by The Sea People. GM: The Sea People. Game ended with no resolution.

Re: Waterway Chart

Postby Jaded Knight » 20 Jun 2009, 16:26

Again, for geographical accuracy i vote no.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.
Jaded Knight

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby AardvarkArmy » 20 Jun 2009, 17:38

California votes "YES" on the White Sands Aquaduct
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1034)
All-game rating: (1259)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby The Sea People » 20 Jun 2009, 19:17

Just to clarify, there is no *need* for these to be geographically accurate. That's what's fun about them.
"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake."
The Sea People

Postby AardvarkArmy » 20 Jun 2009, 19:27

exactly -- I envision legions of Califorina workers busily digging a trench to get our fleets through the desert! 8-)
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy

Postby AardvarkArmy » 20 Jun 2009, 19:30

And, of course, it should be noted -- there is nothing geographically, historically or politically accurate about this game -- there never has been and never will be a time when the USA consists of armed camps resembling the segments laid out for this game.

We are creating a completely new and fanciful American history!
SOLOS

DRAWS
AardvarkArmy

Postby Firestorm94 » 20 Jun 2009, 21:44

Midwest votes YES on the White Sands Aquaduct.
Firestorm94

Standard rating: (1026)
All-game rating: (1025)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Jaded Knight » 21 Jun 2009, 19:26

I completely understand the suspension of disbelief theory for the game. So i will rephrase my objection then. Southeast votes no on the new waterway because California is the only one proposing waterways with the intent (in the spirit of the game i understand) to easily be able to overrun everyone else with his fleets. Just because the Midwest is going along hook, line, and sinker with whatever Cali wants out of fear there should be some balance involved.

I still beleive the game should have some aspect of difficutly to it where you have to decide wether to build a fleet or army. These waterways are eliminating that question by tying the entire map together. That being said, I counterpropose next winter the opportunity to put up for a vote the elimination of waterways and the units within them. Starting with the Mer (i don't remember what it stands for).
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.
Jaded Knight

Postby The Sea People » 22 Jun 2009, 00:14

All right, that will be the proposed "waterway" for 2007, but I would remind you that there are other ways of controlling a player. If you proposed waterways that would hurt certain players, and I'm sure some amount of Diplomacy will always work. Maybe even a change in alliances.
"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake."
The Sea People

Postby AardvarkArmy » 22 Jun 2009, 08:06

Ummmm... the "destroy any unit in it" would seem to violate the spirit of the building rule that says: "cannot sink a territory"

Also, seeking clarification -- it was never clear that we could eliminate existing waterways...only build new ones. Is that really the deal now? We could pave over the entire atlantic ocean and render fleets meaningless?

Just askin'....
SOLOS

DRAWS
AardvarkArmy

Postby AardvarkArmy » 22 Jun 2009, 09:53

Oh, yeah...

LOL at:

Just because the Midwest is going along hook, line, and sinker with whatever Cali wants out of fear there should be some balance involved

Ummm... couldn't the same be said of the, shall we say, "tight-knit" alliance between Tri-states and Southeast? I seem to recall that Tri-states even had a fleet off the utterly undefended coasts of MIA, FLO, GEO & NCA at one time, then simply sauntered on home after having a look-see... like, um, what was that all about?
SOLOS

DRAWS
AardvarkArmy

PreviousNext

Return to American Diplomacy [1 Game] {All Maps Lost}