American Diplomacy

American variant set in 2000. Created(?)/Brought to site by The Sea People. GM: The Sea People. Game ended with no resolution.

American Diplomacy

Postby The Sea People » 29 Mar 2009, 18:54

One variant I have not seen on this site yet is a USA map. So I have made one. I don't want to start sign ups yet, I'm quite busy at the moment, but I'm going to post a map so people can give input and I can edit it.

The Map: http://www.sendspace.com/file/x75ldt

The map is modern America, Canada and Mexico are impassible.
The map is basically the 50 states, with the following exceptions:
The following states were combined:
Vermont and New Hampshire
The Dakotas
The Carolinas
Maryland and Deleware
Conneticut and Rhode Island
The following states were seperated:
California is now Northern California, California (around San Francisco), and Los Angles
Texas is now Dallas, Houston, and Texas (around the El Paso area)
New York is NYC and Northern New York
Florida is Florida and Miami

I have put in 4 rivers, the Mississippi, Ohio, Colorado, and Rio Grande (these are impassible without a ferry)
On the Pacific ocean there is the North Pacific, South Pacific, and Gulf of California
In the Atlantic, there are Chesapeake Bay, Gulf of Maine, Gulf of Mexico, Florida Keys, North Atlantic, and South Atlantic
All five Great lakes exist and can be convoyed between (even though Lake Ontario is really superfluous)

Supply centers are as follows:
New England
F Maine
F Massachusetts
A Connecticut

Tri-State
F New Jersey
A NYC
A Pennsylvania

Midwest
F Michigan
A Ohio
A Illinois

Southeast
F Tennessee
A Georgia
A Carolina

Texas
F Texas
A Dallas
A Houston

Hearlands
F Missouri (on the Mississippi River)
A Nebraska
A Oklahoma

Northwest
F Washington
A Oregon
A Idaho

California
F Northern California
A California
A Los Angles

Neutrals
Maryland
Virginia
Florida
Miami
Alabama
Indiana
Wisconsin
Louisiana
Colorado
Arizona
Nevada
Montana

RULES
Standered Diplomacy rules apply, except where noted.
The Cruiser
My version or the Trans-Siberian Railroad. It allows a direct connection of fleets from Massachusetts to Miami.
It can ONLY be used by New England Fleets. You must go all the way from Massachusetts to Miami. It can be used when Miami is neutral, but not when Miami is possessed by anyone else.

Michigan and the Great Lakes
Michigan acts as Constantinople does.
Lake Superior (Sup), Michigan (Mch), and Huron (Hur) are all connected. Lake Erie (Eri) is connected to Huron, Ontario (Ont) is connected to Erie. They can all be convoyed between

Florida acts as Spain

Rivers
There are 5 River territories:
Colorado River (bordering: Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, Los Angles, and the Gulf or California)
Rio Grande (Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Houston, Gulf of Mexico)
Ohio River (Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, both the Northern and Southern Mississippi River)
Northern Mississippi River (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, The Southern Mississippi River, The Ohio River)
Southern Mississippi River (Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Northern Mississippi River, Ohio River)
Rivers basically act as sea spaces, you can move from the river to the ocean, you can convoy as normal.

The Rio Grande and the Colorado River both border the state Colorado. They are not connected. You cannot have F Rio-Col (state) in the spring and Col (state)-Col (river) in the fall.

Expanded waterways
Every winter, a player my nominate a waterway being built or expanded. Then there will be a democratic vote. Each player gets a vote per center that they own at the time. If there are 19 votes for the waterway, it will pass. Only one nomination is allowed per winter, if there are multiple, the first will be voted upon, the next will wait until the next winter.

There are 36 Centers, which means 19 to win
There are 17 centers west of the Mississippi, 19 to the east. The east is also more crowded, so the west and east should even out.
Last edited by The Sea People on 29 Mar 2009, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake."
The Sea People

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: American Diplomacy

Postby The Sea People » 29 Mar 2009, 19:16

People can sign up if they want, but I'm busy so the game probably won't start for another 3 weeks of so at least.
The Sea People

Postby nickjb3 » 29 Mar 2009, 21:47

Make a few places in Canada passable so the Great Lakes are more useful. Also does New York City border both Connecticut AND Massachusetts?
All in all a good map.

P.S.
I am distressed at the way the Upper Peninsula of Michigan has been butchered. My home city has become part of Lake Superior. :shock:
nickjb3

All-game rating: 4936

Postby The Sea People » 30 Mar 2009, 03:11

I'm remaking the map, hopefully it will get cleaned up a bit.

I'm taking away the New England player, and the Cruiser along with it. Everything else is the same.
The Sea People

Postby Jaded Knight » 30 Mar 2009, 20:24

I would definately like to play having been in or through all the states east of the Mississippi. I am also posting here so i can keep an on it and don't miss the true signups. I know it is going to be awhile, no rush, just putting in my two cents. ;)
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.
Jaded Knight

Postby TheRedArmy » 30 Mar 2009, 20:57

Yeah, I'm definitely in, though I agree about taking out the cruiser thing as well as New England.

I'm very excited let me know when you have sign-ups, I would love to play as my home, Texas.
Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears.
Proud Member of the Diplomacy League team, The Force.
New to Diplomacy? Join a Mentor Game!
TheRedArmy

Timezone: GMT-6

Postby ak47 » 02 Apr 2009, 20:28

I'm in if i am welcome. If you are taking preferences i would love to be either the tri-state or new england, got to protect my home states haha. Is it going to be build anywhere or just in the home SCs? Is it at all possible for a fleet to get from the atlantic to the pacific? and is it possible to move from river to river at ll? It looks great can't wait to try it.
Firefly Mafia in queue. Express interest here
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal"
"Ha ha ha Mine is an evil laugh!"
Forever the King of Mafia
Lover of Bacon
ak47

Postby metallord99 » 02 Apr 2009, 23:08

Now that's the best avatar here.