Manifest Destiny II

Version 2; GMd by Morg. 3-way draw between Britain (mambam14), Mexico (ColesD) and Spain (Pedros)

Re: Manifest Destiny II

Postby Pedros » 01 Sep 2013, 17:27

Thanks Morg. One supplementary. You wrote "You can have one pioneer which doesn't require support...." Does that mean if the first one is destroyed you can build a replacement which still doesn't need support?
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
User avatar
Pedros
 
Posts: 12465
Joined: 25 Jan 2009, 12:59
Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Manifest Destiny II

Postby Morg » 01 Sep 2013, 17:41

Pedros wrote:Thanks Morg. One supplementary. You wrote "You can have one pioneer which doesn't require support...." Does that mean if the first one is destroyed you can build a replacement which still doesn't need support?

Yep. That's correct.
"He says there are no easy answers. I say he's not looking hard enough!"
User avatar
Morg
 
Posts: 3105
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 22:50
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1428)
All-game rating: (1561)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Manifest Destiny II

Postby Shibabalo » 01 Sep 2013, 22:11

Just a reminder that I'd love to play. (I'm assuming you didn't see my earlier post. If you were just like "not putting THAT guy on the signups list then oh well.)
SOLO- Baltic, Double Diplomacy
Draw- Layered, Dip Lite, 1700, Zeus, Simple, 1900 S&S
Loss- Some games

Classicist, Whippersnapper, Swag Bagel
Shibabalo
Premium Member
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 21:59
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 987
All-game rating: 1410
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Manifest Destiny II

Postby ColesD » 02 Sep 2013, 00:35

Morg wrote:
Pedros wrote:Thanks Morg. One supplementary. You wrote "You can have one pioneer which doesn't require support...." Does that mean if the first one is destroyed you can build a replacement which still doesn't need support?

Yep. That's correct.


That then raises another question similar to my previous one. If you had only one pioneer, and it was on an X at a winter turn, could you Build the SC, Reform the Pioneer and build a new free unsupported Pioneer elsewhere (as you no longer have one) all in the same winter turn? Also, must new Pioneers be built on SCs, same as armies/fleets, or in their game start position?
Information, the first principle of warfare, must form the foundation of all your efforts. Know, of course, thine enemy. But in knowing him do not forget above all to know thyself. The commander who embraces this totality of battle shall win even with inferior force. - Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
ColesD
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 13 Oct 2011, 20:18
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1003)
All-game rating: (1286)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Manifest Destiny II

Postby Morg » 02 Sep 2013, 01:13

Shibabalo wrote:Just a reminder that I'd love to play. (I'm assuming you didn't see my earlier post. If you were just like "not putting THAT guy on the signups list then oh well.)


Dang! How'd I miss that. Sorry.
"He says there are no easy answers. I say he's not looking hard enough!"
User avatar
Morg
 
Posts: 3105
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 22:50
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1428)
All-game rating: (1561)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Manifest Destiny II

Postby Morg » 02 Sep 2013, 01:16

ColesD wrote:That then raises another question similar to my previous one. If you had only one pioneer, and it was on an X at a winter turn, could you Build the SC, Reform the Pioneer and build a new free unsupported Pioneer elsewhere (as you no longer have one) all in the same winter turn? A little complicated, but essentially yes. Just as long as enough have enough SCs to support all your units plus one free Pioneer unitAlso, must new Pioneers be built on SCs, same as armies/fleets, or in their game start position? They must be built in SCs
"He says there are no easy answers. I say he's not looking hard enough!"
User avatar
Morg
 
Posts: 3105
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 22:50
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1428)
All-game rating: (1561)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Manifest Destiny II

Postby raygoat » 02 Sep 2013, 16:06

Shall we get this game underway?
raygoat
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 31 May 2013, 23:36
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (895)
All-game rating: (901)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Manifest Destiny II

Postby dcaibal » 04 Sep 2013, 11:46

Aesthetics question: Did you cut Pennsylvania in half so that New York and Virginia's border would be more clear?

Just a bit paranoid about leaving things as they are, but I understand. Gonna spectate, but maybe next game I'll join.
First Karma Contributor: Pez

Ottoman Emperor (Not Sultan)- HOTW
Immortal Advisor to the Royal Family of the Union of the Aresian Empire and the Great Patallian Princedom- CYOC
Marty McFly wrote:Wait Doc -you're telling you made a time machine... out of a DeLorean!?

CmndrMaggs wrote:Well f*ck.
x7
User avatar
dcaibal
 
Posts: 7764
Joined: 13 Apr 2012, 17:35
Location: I'm a frequent-time-traveler. So try and figure out the wibbly...
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (949)
All-game rating: (886)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Manifest Destiny II

Postby Morg » 05 Sep 2013, 04:38

dcaibal wrote:Aesthetics question: Did you cut Pennsylvania in half so that New York and Virginia's border would be more clear?

Just a bit paranoid about leaving things as they are, but I understand. Gonna spectate, but maybe next game I'll join.


Yeah, I did cut Pennsylvania in half. I wasn't really excited about it, but it makes the borders between Virginia, Ohio, and New York clearer; it also makes Ohio and New York large enough to hold a unit without covering up the name of the territory.
"He says there are no easy answers. I say he's not looking hard enough!"
User avatar
Morg
 
Posts: 3105
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 22:50
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1428)
All-game rating: (1561)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Manifest Destiny II

Postby raygoat » 05 Sep 2013, 04:50

Just to be clear: Haiti is not an SC right?
raygoat
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 31 May 2013, 23:36
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (895)
All-game rating: (901)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Game 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests