Vote Registrar, but auto-updated

Mafia is a forum game of strategy, deduction, persuasion, clever traps, nerve and deception. Every game is unique and playing it with those who play diplomacy as well makes it all the more challenging and interesting. We have a unique mafia community on the site and we're always looking for fresh blood.

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Vote Registrar, but auto-updated

Postby Nimb » 16 Dec 2020, 23:34

For Monsterhearts Mafia, I kept a vote registrar that hopefully was useful to town.

But, one day did suffer from me not being around to keep it updated near day end. So I've been thinking on how to make it automatic (outside of scripting a bot).

Would people think it to be beneficial to have an auto-updated registrar that you have to fill a google form like this one every time you vote?

You still would have to vote in the thread, and then fill out the form right after.

The passcode would be a unique string known to you and the GM to verify that's you submitting the form.

Is this at all useful/helpful? If yes I can get it done.
Nimb

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1193)
All-game rating: (1195)
Timezone: GMT-3

Re: Vote Registrar, but auto-updated

Postby kimpossible » 17 Dec 2020, 00:09

We’ve done a similar thing using a QuickTopic. I think it’d be worth trying out.

Wish FS would just finish his recreation of the Tabulator tho. :(
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Fatmo » 18 Dec 2020, 11:00

Hasn't Nook run a couple games where you vote in an in-thread poll?
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby kimpossible » 18 Dec 2020, 16:06

Fatmo wrote:Hasn't Nook run a couple games where you vote in an in-thread poll?

Yeah, but the registrar Nimb did actually kept a time-stamped history like the tabulator used to, so we could use it for data analysis and whatnot.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Nimb » 25 Dec 2020, 05:21

Ok! Help me test this. As a christmas gift the sheet is ready!

Submit votes through this form, I've added everyone who played in the last couple games here. Everyone's password is 1234 for the test. Nicknames available for the test are in the "Players & Passcodes" sheet. This wouldn't be visible in a normal game.

"Form Responses" is just there for your checking, this may or may not be visible in normal games (up to the GM).

Submit random votes and see if you can break stuff. You can follow it real-time here.

Rules:
  • Nicknames have to be a perfect match, this is not easy to change and I don't plan on changing it. If you submit an invalid nickname it'll just not count it when tallying
  • If the password is wrong, the form will allow you to submit, that's intentional. Vote won't show up tho.
  • Case does not matter for nicknames.
  • You should submit just the number of the day, so "1", "2", etc.
  • Unvote is also a valid vote, it'll remove whoever you were voting for.

For the test the sheet supports 25 players & 3 days. If it works I'll expand it to 10 days.
Nimb

Standard rating: (1193)
All-game rating: (1195)
Timezone: GMT-3

Return to Mafia