LLama Drama

Mafia is a forum game of strategy, deduction, persuasion, clever traps, nerve and deception. Every game is unique and playing it with those who play diplomacy as well makes it all the more challenging and interesting. We have a unique mafia community on the site and we're always looking for fresh blood.

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Re: LLama Drama

Postby justy » 26 Mar 2020, 12:19

I finished as 15th in my Rookie Rundle. I only lost 3 of my first 10 games, but after that it was brutal. Enhoyed every match day though.

Thank you again Zip for invite!
justy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1069
All-game rating: 1066
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby Shyvve » 26 Mar 2020, 21:02

This was my best season offensively having gotten 90 of 150 questions correct. My DE was lackluster at 0.626.
However, I did earn a promotion to a C-Rundle this time around (played one season at C a few seasons ago).
An Oldie and Gold Classicist. Moderator for the Classicist group.
Shyvve
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1313)
All-game rating: (1345)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby UFO Fever » 26 Mar 2020, 22:37

I had 59 correct answers and a .628 DE. I’ll take the accompanying 20th place lol
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
UFO Fever

Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby condude1 » 27 Mar 2020, 08:18

Keirador wrote:LLAMAS REPORT!

For me, neither promotion nor relegation. 9th out of 26, finishing with 29 points, 7 behind the leader and 5 outside of promotion territory.

97 Total Correct Answers actually put me in 10th place in my rundle, but I was boosted by a very decent defense (Defensive Efficiency was 6th-highest at .722).

More than that though, I got lucky. My opponents collectively only answered 88 questions correctly playing against me, the sixth-lowest CAA in the rundle. If I had faced a schedule like the highest CAA in the rundle--with a whopping 102 Correct Answers "Allowed"--I would almost certainly be in the Relegation Station. The easiest CAA in the rundle, 83, probably wouldn't have been enough to boost me on up to Rundle A.

I got absolutely and brutally murdered, ending up 19th in my Rundle (out of 20). I got a solid 23 answers correct. Huge thanks to ZZ for the invitation though, I still enjoyed it a ton! :D
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Nanook » 27 Mar 2020, 08:24

Ended up 17th in a B Rundle, I’m pretty happy for my first season in the bigs. No relegation this time!
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Iamnobody » 27 Mar 2020, 17:59

If you win one of the A rundles do you move to a different league?
Heptarchy XVI - Wales - 6-way draw winner
Days of Enlightenment II - Sweden - 8-way draw winner
Blitzkrieg 4 - UK - Survivor
Iamnobody

Standard rating: 1104
All-game rating: 1113
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Keirador » 30 Mar 2020, 04:26

The winners of A Rundle go to Championships. Questions there are timed and monitored in real-time by a proctor. After a few rounds, a champion is declared to win the Learned League scarf. Along the way, most years a good number of championship contenders are permanently removed from the League, arguably providing even more high drama than the race for the scarf.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby kimpossible » 30 Mar 2020, 05:50

Keirador wrote:Along the way, most years a good number of championship contenders are permanently removed from the League, arguably providing even more high drama than the race for the scarf.

???
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby Keirador » 30 Mar 2020, 18:38

Thorsten doesn't explain himself. It's all very shrouded in non-disclosure and swirling with rumor, but those kinds of banhammers are typically reserved for caught cheaters. And the general pattern is an A-Rundler goes to the Championships with a .900+ lifetime rating in a category, and under supervision their get-rate for that category falls to .350 or .400. Then they disappear.

This is also believed to be the reason that participation in the Championship is mandatory for qualifying Llamas. Refusal to take proctored quizzes also results in a lifetime ban.

So then you get another fun new pattern. Players who go 9(6) or so nearly their entire careers zooming up from R -> B -> A with losing nary a match, then suddenly go 0(0) or forfeit on the final 3 days or so to fall out of first place and mandatory participation in the Championship. THEN the vultures circle and dig through the attainted player's question history, hunting for further evidence of cheatery. Thorsten never comments on the amateur cheater-sleuthing, but 1) sometimes the silent ban-hammer falls anyway, 2) sometimes a player will attempt to defend themselves (the right to remain silent is almost always a better choice) and self-incriminate so epically that they remove themselves.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby kimpossible » 30 Mar 2020, 18:53

Who knew a trivia website was such a soap opera. :lol:
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?