Season 5 of the Mafia Championship

Mafia is a forum game of strategy, deduction, persuasion, clever traps, nerve and deception. Every game is unique and playing it with those who play diplomacy as well makes it all the more challenging and interesting. We have a unique mafia community on the site and we're always looking for fresh blood.

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Re: Season 5 of the Mafia Championship

Postby Nanook » 28 Apr 2018, 00:31

Keirador wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:
Keirador wrote:Believe preferred pronoun there is "she." Girls can code too y'know. Dipsy was in my very first mafia game here.

Girls can definitely code, but dipsy’s a dude.

Huh. In Greed is Good I dipsy was definitely female.

Maybe that was strictly in-game.

I guess you’d have to ask them...he spoke with a masculine voice in an interview, where he was referred to as he without making a correction, and his name isn’t one I’ve ever seen a woman rocking (not that that’s conclusive). I’m reasonably sure that dipsy is a dude.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Keirador » 28 Apr 2018, 00:52

I mean, I tend to use the pronouns people tell me to use, and dipsy objected to being called "Mr." But looking back, dipsy was definitely roleplaying a character way more so than other players. Well, assuming the actual person was not wearing a silk gown and high heels to play a game of forum mafia regardless of gender.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby Nanook » 28 Apr 2018, 01:14

Keirador wrote:I mean, I tend to use the pronouns people tell me to use, and dipsy objected to being called "Mr." But looking back, dipsy was definitely roleplaying a character way more so than other players. Well, assuming the actual person was not wearing a silk gown and high heels to play a game of forum mafia regardless of gender.

I suspect that’s the case. I’m 99% sure I’ve seen dipsy correct people that they’re a dude. Not 100% but pretty sure.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby shadowface » 28 Apr 2018, 09:05

bkbkbk wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:That was my first scum game! A three way game where I remember it came down to me and vindictus (Angry Boy) looking for each other, and I sniped him the last night.

I thought it might have been. I remembered it being early-ZZ-era. I was glad it came down to such an exciting finish.

kimbyrle wrote:Though if we roped in a bk3...

I could maybe GM, depending on when things started happening (making no promises). I'd potentially be interested in playing, but I suspect with so many players involved I'd struggle to keep up - you lot seem to post so much these days.

Awesome! Your choice if you want to play or GM or just watch. If you'll be around but don't have time to keep up with a large game, GMing might be perfect, which is why I recommended it.

We can see closer to the date, sometime later in the summer I think. Probably after Fable 11.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1

The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
shadowface

Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

Postby shadowface » 28 Apr 2018, 09:06

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
Keirador wrote:Huh. In Greed is Good I dipsy was definitely female.

Maybe that was strictly in-game.

I guess you’d have to ask them...he spoke with a masculine voice in an interview, where he was referred to as he without making a correction, and his name isn’t one I’ve ever seen a woman rocking (not that that’s conclusive). I’m reasonably sure that dipsy is a dude.

I don't know why, but I find this kind of nanook reasoning absolutely hilarious.

shadowface

Postby Keirador » 07 May 2018, 23:30

mhsmith, you end up signing up for this? Some of us would probably like to note your progress.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Postby mhsmith0 » 07 May 2018, 23:34

I did :)

I'll be playing sometime in June, though my slot has not yet been assigned. Shadow also signed up from a different community, and we may or may not end up playing together.
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Keirador » 08 May 2018, 00:26

Excellent, keep us updated.
Keirador

Postby mhsmith0 » 10 May 2018, 02:23

shadow (representing some other, doubtlessly lame, place :P ) and I are both on games starting 6/11, though not the same game

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost2302513
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost2302516

there's a discord server for anyone who wants to actively spectate. please note that public discussion of the games after rand on here is not allowed.
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby shadowface » 10 May 2018, 08:37

mhsmith0 wrote:shadow (representing some other, doubtlessly lame, place :P ) and I are both on games starting 6/11, though not the same game

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost2302513
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost2302516

there's a discord server for anyone who wants to actively spectate. please note that public discussion of the games after rand on here is not allowed.

Not at a computer, but I'm pretty sure mine starts on the 18th?

And too bad we're not in the same game, but then again... it may or may not be important that no one know my scum meta. Believe it or not, some people give actual towncred for buses! :lol: Gotta take take advantage of those suckers.

shadowface

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia