Season 4 of the Mafia Championship- Nomination

Mafia is a forum game of strategy, deduction, persuasion, clever traps, nerve and deception. Every game is unique and playing it with those who play diplomacy as well makes it all the more challenging and interesting. We have a unique mafia community on the site and we're always looking for fresh blood.

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Who Will Represent us at the Mafia Championship

Poll ended at 16 Apr 2017, 19:19

Telleo
42%
Zoomzip
58%

Total votes : 12

Season 4 of the Mafia Championship- Nomination

Postby sjg11 » 13 Apr 2017, 19:19

And here is where we decide our candidate. There were two players nominated in the original thread, Zoomzip and Telleo so it's time to pick between them. Vote at the poll. The deadline will be 16th April.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Season 4 of the Mafia Championship- Nomination

Postby Thingyman » 22 Apr 2017, 17:34

Zoomzip hasn't responded to me yet - if anyone has a way of contacting him, please do and inform him that he needs to fill out at least the Doodle and google form this weekend, please :)
Thingyman

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Thingyman » 24 Apr 2017, 07:28

Thingyman wrote:Zoomzip hasn't responded to me yet - if anyone has a way of contacting him, please do and inform him that he needs to fill out at least the Doodle and google form this weekend, please :)

^^^^^^^^^^
Thingyman

Postby sjg11 » 24 Apr 2017, 22:14

Thingyman wrote:
Thingyman wrote:Zoomzip hasn't responded to me yet - if anyone has a way of contacting him, please do and inform him that he needs to fill out at least the Doodle and google form this weekend, please :)

^^^^^^^^^^

I've PMed him, when do we need to have something sorted by?
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby condude1 » 27 Apr 2017, 08:57

Check in with Telleo ASAP?
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby sjg11 » 27 Apr 2017, 10:53

condude1 wrote:Check in with Telleo ASAP?

Zoomzip should be fine to go ahead with our scheduled game and if something comes up and he's unavailable then Telleo's ready to replace him.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby Thingyman » 30 Apr 2017, 18:45

FINAL UPDATE

Your representative has been slotted into this game below.

GAME 9 @ JUNE 5 (48/24 Phase Lengths w/ 10 PM EST)
@Aoi Magi (Atheist Forums)
@Archangel (Straight Dope)
@Loki (GreyWolf Addicts)
@Nishinoya (PokeHeroes)
@Pac (JetNation)
@Precarious (Kongregate)
@Prophylaxis (MyAnimeList)
@Ryker (Smashboards)
@SilverKeith (MafiaLandia)
@SpankGangsta (What the Heol?!)
@spookymilk (Casa de Leche)
@Superjolt (PokeCommunity)
@TheWhoDoctor (Pokemon Showdown)
@Yeti (Smogon)
@Zoomzip (Play Diplomacy)

Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?
We have a big chat on Discord (300+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg
2) Tag one of the red or blue people in the chat (write [MENTION=8963]Thingyman[/MENTION] or @staff for example), let them know who you are and from what community, and they'll give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel.

You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?
This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Where do I get more info?
Refer to this thread: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7692-Season-4-The-Time-Is-Now%21

This thread will tell you all the details about this season. It also includes the list of participating communities and their representatives.

If you need to get in contact with me, my Skype is "thingyman" and my Discord is "Thingyman#6075". From this point on I will be checking in less on the various sites. I will make sure to pop in again though when your representative's game starts and post a link :)
Thingyman

Postby Zoomzip » 30 Apr 2017, 18:46

Thingyman wrote:
If you need to get in contact with me, my Skype is "thingyman" and my Discord is "Thingyman#6075". From this point on I will be checking in less on the various sites. I will make sure to pop in again though when your representative's game starts and post a link :)

TY Thingy.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Thingyman » 31 May 2017, 22:29

It's been a month and Zoomzip still hasn't registered on the site, so I'll post this here as well:

It's time to confirm your participation in your game starting next Monday (June 5).

Please go to this thread and write /confirm: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thr ... -Is-Now%21

By confirming, you are saying that:
- You are aware of when your game will start (June 5) and that you promise to show up.
- You promise to make at least 10 posts per day phase. If you feel even the slightest bit worried about meeting this requirement, NOW is the time to drop out.
- You have read and understand these rules: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thr ... 6#post2026

Also, I need your bio ASAP! Please refer to my earlier PM, fill out all the fields and send it as soon as you read this, don't delay.

I'm sending this as a PM to Zoomzip and I figure we'll give him a couple of days? But if no response, I hope someone else from here would be willing. Please let me know.
Thingyman

Postby condude1 » 01 Jun 2017, 17:43

He signed up for a game here that's just starting, which means he probably hasn't completely abandoned the site.

Do we have a backup champion? I'd be able to play, but I definitely think Telleo should get the first bite at the apple if ZZ doesn't show.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Next

Return to Mafia