Season 3 of the Mafia Championship

Mafia is a forum game of strategy, deduction, persuasion, clever traps, nerve and deception. Every game is unique and playing it with those who play diplomacy as well makes it all the more challenging and interesting. We have a unique mafia community on the site and we're always looking for fresh blood.

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Season 3 of the Mafia Championship

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 07 May 2016, 17:29

EOD at 5pm EDT is 'American'

EOD at 1pm EDT is 'European'
UpsideDownChuck

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1409)
All-game rating: (1427)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Thingyman » 10 May 2016, 14:22

Hi guys

The game has now begun: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thr ... ampionship

If you wish to spectate, remember you can just add me on Skype (thingyman) and I'll throw you into our 180+ person chat. Or you can PM thingyman on the above site and I'll add you to the private thread.

​​​​​​​Crossing my fingers for a fun and exciting game :)
Thingyman

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby condude1 » 14 May 2016, 02:38

Bravo UDC! Led a lynch on a mafia and then got NKed N1. That's a solid all-around performance.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby mhsmith0 » 14 May 2016, 04:34

Well played UDC!

Fwiw, I was getting wifom'd a bit thinking Dante was plausibly running a ploy and udc was actually a buddy. As always my reads are awesome :lol:
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Crunkus_old » 14 May 2016, 05:14

Solid.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

All-game rating: (944)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 14 May 2016, 05:41

Thanks guys. Just a reminder: they don't want people saying anything about the game in public threads, even off site, although those comments are probably general enough as to be harmless.

But thanks though, really.
UpsideDownChuck

Standard rating: (1409)
All-game rating: (1427)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby mhsmith0 » 14 May 2016, 07:15

UpsideDownChuck wrote:Thanks guys. Just a reminder: they don't want people saying anything about the game in public threads, even off site, although those comments are probably general enough as to be harmless.

Fair point. I figured since both you and Dante where dead it was prob. Ok but I'll hold off going fwd.
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Postby Crunkus_old » 14 May 2016, 16:33

UpsideDownChuck wrote:Thanks guys. Just a reminder: they don't want people saying anything about the game in public threads, even off site, although those comments are probably general enough as to be harmless.

Solid.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

All-game rating: (944)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby mhsmith0 » 30 May 2016, 18:08

Oh well mafia won. Very well played UDC, you did a lot better than i could have, and I look forward to your likely presence in round 2.
mhsmith0

Postby Thingyman » 10 Sep 2016, 09:10

Hi guys

For those interested, the finale of the Mafia Championship Season 3 ended a few weeks ago, and you can read the game here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thr ... oopa-Troop

136 communities, 10 games and almost 6 months. In the end, the townies took home the victory, and Whiskeyjack from the westeros community was crowned the ultimate champion :)

Interest in a hydra event?

At least a dozen different communities this year expressed an interest in a so-called "hydra event", so it's finally gonna happen. If you don't know what "hydra" means, it's when two people share the same account (two heads). So the idea is that each participating community can send one or multiple hydras of two players, the advantage of which is that it's maybe easier to be active when two players are both playing on the same account, and it's also just a lot of fun :)

So maybe your community would also be interested in this. If so and if you're wanting to play and have a partner, please let me know preferably before Sept 14. Alternatively, you don't need to, but if you want, you can also go ahead and directly sign up in this thread, which also has a bit more info: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thr ... Event-2016

So far, UDC/mhsmith are signed up as a pair for you guys, so that's already one strong ass duo. Maybe there's another to be made out there :)
Thingyman

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia