Standard Mafia / 11 Players / No Power Roles

Mafia is a forum game of strategy, deduction, persuasion, clever traps, nerve and deception. Every game is unique and playing it with those who play diplomacy as well makes it all the more challenging and interesting. We have a unique mafia community on the site and we're always looking for fresh blood.

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Standard Mafia / 11 Players / No Power Roles

Postby condude1 » 29 Oct 2015, 02:49

Crunkus, I count 2 mislynches. Unless, of course, the scum don't get a Night kill. Without a NK, It's probably a bit town-sided.

Also, Keirador, SiTD was an anomaly. I had to replace/modkill 6 players, and the nightgame went about as anti-mafia as was possible. Hot Potato wasn't town-sided, it just had a really strong town.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Crunkus_old » 29 Oct 2015, 02:56

condude1 wrote:Crunkus, I count 2 mislynches. Unless, of course, the scum don't get a Night kill. Without a NK, It's probably a bit town-sided.

I was referring to the setup you just got done playing. 3 mislynches built in. One more is 4.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

All-game rating: (944)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby condude1 » 29 Oct 2015, 03:08

Ah, gotcha. Though wasn't II 2 mislynches, plus the game loser made 3?
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Crunkus_old » 29 Oct 2015, 03:16

condude1 wrote:Ah, gotcha. Though wasn't II 2 mislynches, plus the game loser made 3?

Ah, I see what you mean there. OK, maybe there's a point there somewhere.

Screw the town I say. :) Maybe K's on to something.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

Postby Keirador » 29 Oct 2015, 23:38

condude, it's all relative. I wasn't trying to imply Hot Potato was rigged or unfair, I really enjoyed that game. Personally I thought it was my best town performance ever. Although, it should be said that the town in general and my play in particular benefited tremendously from the scum exploding another scum with a potato. That provided a lot of leniency for the town.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby Amantea » 29 Oct 2015, 23:43

Crunkus wrote:I'm itching to run triple funk mafia. No roles there!

One, minor complication though.... :)

Sign me up!
Ooh! That reminds me. I’m thinking of getting a tattoo with the definition of science straight out of Webster’s Dictionary. So it’ll say, quote, “I don’t know, but I’m trying to find out, OK?” end quote, and then it’ll have a skull and some roses. Ooh, maybe an anchor, to make it look old-timey.
Amantea

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1227)
All-game rating: (1236)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Harb » 30 Oct 2015, 00:49

Keirador wrote:Although, it should be said that the town in general and my play in particular benefited tremendously from the scum exploding another scum with a potato. That provided a lot of leniency for the town.

Scum on scum murder will do that for ya, speaking of Shot in the Dark.... :cry:
---------
I have the honor to be your obedient servant,

A. Harb
Harb

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (971)
All-game rating: (971)

Postby Keirador » 30 Oct 2015, 02:23

Harb wrote:speaking of Shot in the Dark....

. . . I'd rather not.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby Crunkus_old » 30 Oct 2015, 03:04

Keirador wrote:condude, it's all relative. I wasn't trying to imply Hot Potato was rigged or unfair, I really enjoyed that game. Personally I thought it was my best town performance ever. Although, it should be said that the town in general and my play in particular benefited tremendously from the scum exploding another scum with a potato. That provided a lot of leniency for the town.

It meant a thing because it had that swing.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

Postby Crunkus_old » 30 Oct 2015, 18:34

I think I'm going to run the funk at some point as an invitational. We're getting a lot of new faces, and I'm confident we can field it soon enough. But I don't think the time is right yet. It's...a bit funky.

I have a game in development that is a 12 player game, no fixed roles, but a couple of simple nominated/elected ones that give the players something to talk about besides simply who to lynch each day. I'll refine the rules, sprinkle a healthy dose a theme, and post it at some point. I think it fits the bill as a straight forward game...I think 12 players and 3 player mafia gives the town more padding then they'd get in the same setup with 11, and it should proceed quite well.

It will feature a potentially preventable night kill with a novel means to prevent that night kill.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia