replacements needed for "non-normal mafias", an offsite game

Mafia is a forum game of strategy, deduction, persuasion, clever traps, nerve and deception. Every game is unique and playing it with those who play diplomacy as well makes it all the more challenging and interesting. We have a unique mafia community on the site and we're always looking for fresh blood.

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

replacements needed for "non-normal mafias", an offsite game

Postby istott » 11 Jan 2015, 04:47

So, I'm in this game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=60196
It's currently day one, has 775 posts (deadlines are 2-3 weeks on MS.) and we haven't had a full player list for the whole game. The mod is having a huge amount of trouble finding replacements.
If any of you guys would be willing to replace in, it would be much appreciated.
If you do decide to replace in, please make a user, then pm "CooLDoG" and tell him you are willing to replace in. Thank you all so much.
This post has been authorised my the mod, so I am not breaking any rules by making this post.
Last edited by istott on 11 Jan 2015, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
If you want me to do something or have a question for me, please be specific. I have Asbergers.
istott

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: 3 replacements much needed for an excellent off-site gam

Postby super_dipsy » 11 Jan 2015, 09:34

I hesitate to ask, but I can't help myself ;) If it is such an excellent game, how come the Mod is having so much trouble finding replacements and the game has never had a full player list? :P

Of course, if it was being played here... :lol:
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)

Postby istott » 11 Jan 2015, 12:11

A bunch of the players have siteflaked, eg they have flaked from all of their games.
If you want me to do something or have a question for me, please be specific. I have Asbergers.
istott

Postby istott » 11 Jan 2015, 12:13

Also, replacements are generally hard to find.
istott

Postby Blackswimmer » 11 Jan 2015, 17:07

Am I missing something with the meta on this site? Because reading that game is actually painful.
Ugluk wrote:Blackswimmer: Sinking in the deep end.

I'll be back
Blackswimmer

Postby istott » 11 Jan 2015, 17:24

a random voting stage happens at the start to break the ice in games. Is that what you're referring to?
I cannot comment on the game itself, or what is happening, though, as Its against the rules.
This thread would be breaking the rules if I didn't have approval from the mod.
Saying that it's painful isn't really going to help the cause, though.
istott

Postby istott » 11 Jan 2015, 17:28

I will say that I do prefer this sites meta. The skill of players over there pales to those over here in general :D
Still, there's so many players that they can run much bigger games.
Also, games are generally slower, given that the average day length is 2 weeks.
istott

Postby condude1 » 11 Jan 2015, 18:55

I'm tempted, but with 2 week deadlines, and a weaker meta (from what I saw at least), I'm going to have to opt out. I hope someone takes these places though!
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: replacements needed for "non-normal mafias", an offsite

Postby tn5421 » 14 Jan 2015, 10:57

istott wrote:So, I'm in this game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=60196
It's currently day one, has 775 posts (deadlines are 2-3 weeks on MS.) and we haven't had a full player list for the whole game. The mod is having a huge amount of trouble finding replacements.
If any of you guys would be willing to replace in, it would be much appreciated.
If you do decide to replace in, please make a user, then pm "CooLDoG" and tell him you are willing to replace in. Thank you all so much.
This post has been authorised my the mod, so I am not breaking any rules by making this post.

Sure you aren't.
It sucks that CooLDoG has to replace so many people recently.

Diplomacy looks like it will be fun, although I should probably join a Mentor Game first.
~~~~~~ My GTKAS Thread | My Blog ~~~~~~
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.
[10:47:56 PM] caledfwitch: omg tn-senpai/sakura is adorable
tn5421

Standard rating: (947)
All-game rating: (948)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: replacements needed for "non-normal mafias", an offsite

Postby istott » 14 Jan 2015, 11:10

tn5421 wrote:
istott wrote:So, I'm in this game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=60196

Sure you aren't.
It sucks that CooLDoG has to replace so many people recently.

Diplomacy looks like it will be fun, although I should probably join a Mentor Game first.

Given your experience, you wont need to join a mentor game. Theyre PlayDip's version of a Newbie game.
istott

Next

Return to Mafia