GD Roster

Mafia is a forum game of strategy, deduction, persuasion, clever traps, nerve and deception. Every game is unique and playing it with those who play diplomacy as well makes it all the more challenging and interesting. We have a unique mafia community on the site and we're always looking for fresh blood.

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

GD Roster

Postby sjg11 » 30 Dec 2014, 20:19

Hello my people, sjg here (I need to learn to stop doing that after every announcement don't I?)

Anyway, I experimented with the GD idea for Fable 6 and I feel it has good potential as an idea to improve the quality of games being produced and run on the site.

So I'm opening the idea up a little bit, do any experienced players or experienced GMs want to volunteer as GDs to help any GM who wants a GD to run their games?

To emphasise this though, I will NOT be requiring GMs to take on a GD. It'll merely be a useful tool for those who want to use it, highly recommended for newer GMs.

So post here or PM me if you're interested in becoming a GD.

GDs
1. sjg11
2. Blackswimmer
3. Telleo
4. condude1
5. Harb
etc.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: GD Roster

Postby Telleo » 26 Jun 2015, 05:03

Totally just found this. I'd be interested in GD'ing, I think it would be a good way to step up my GMing skills too!
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
Telleo

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)

Postby sjg11 » 26 Jun 2015, 12:57

Telleo wrote:Totally just found this. I'd be interested in GD'ing, I think it would be a good way to step up my GMing skills too!

Pretty much decided to scrap this as a project unless I get a few more players interested in GD'ing. If I do I may look to revive it.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby condude1 » 26 Jun 2015, 18:13

I think I have enough experience to sign up for this now. At the time it was proposed I still felt like a bit too much of a newbie.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Harb » 26 Jun 2015, 18:27

I'd be in for something like this as well.
---------
I have the honor to be your obedient servant,

A. Harb
Harb

Standard rating: (971)
All-game rating: (971)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sjg11 » 26 Jun 2015, 19:29

Alright, if any new games go into signups I'll give you guys a heads up.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby Keirador » 27 Jun 2015, 00:35

Sorry, what's this mean? Game Demon? Tasked with screwing up the game as much as possible?
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sjg11 » 27 Jun 2015, 20:19

Keirador wrote:Sorry, what's this mean? Game Demon? Tasked with screwing up the game as much as possible?

Secondly, I'm thinking of introducing a position known as a Game Director, or GD for short into individual Mafia games. This person would not be a player in Mafia games but would assist with the running of the game. The GD's main purpose would be in trying to reduce the effect that outside influences may have on a game of Mafia.

Firstly, the GD would be involved in helping the GM. He will help to find reserves if there aren't enough reserves for the game, he'll help the GM to come up with a solution with a GM mistake. He'll pretty much help the GM with anything the GM would ask of him. This service would largely be there, again, to assist first time GMs in running a game for the first time, or at least this part of the GD's responsibilities would do so. With one exception, namely desiging the game. I don't want the GD to know the design of the game or to know which faction the players belong to.

Which leads me onto the GD's second responsibility, namely in trying to reduce the likelihood of and minimise the impact of players taking things in a game of Mafia personally. The GD would be a person who players can vent to and the GD would be able to give some feedback in terms of trying to explain to players situations where they may feel like the constant questioning is personal when in reality it isn't and trying to make sure that those players don't end up unintentionally making the game personal. The GD would not be able to advise about how to play the game. Largely what the GD should and shouldn't say in a situation to a player would depend on the situation but the GD should not give any clues about another player's alignment although, hopefully, the GD would not know the alignment of anyone in the game anyway.

That pretty much.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Return to Mafia