War in the Americas

10 player variant set in the New World, Created by Macario Reyes and GMd by Morg. Triple Draw shared by Mexico (JonS), Spain (Pedros), & Peru (ColesD)

War in the Americas

Postby Morg » 18 Mar 2015, 06:05

This is round 5 of an increasing popular 10 player variant. This is also a map that is being primered to see if it's good enough for the main site so come on in and test drive the future.
War in the Americas-clarified.gif
War in the Americas-clarified.gif (38.39 KiB) Viewed 2904 times

There 61SCs so that'll be 31SCs are needed to solo.

The rules are pretty standard.

There are a few special places though. The Mississippi, Amazon, St Lawrence, and Hudson Rivers are navigable by fleets and so are the Erie and Panama Canals and the Magallanes Straits. This allows fleets to sail into the Great Lakes from the Gulf of Saint Lawrence, the Gulf of Mexico or New York City. Fleets can also sail up the Amazon to Manaus and beyond. The Panama Canal (yes, an anachronism) and the Magallanes Straits allow fleets to pass between Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.

Bridges connect the West Indies to Trinidad and Trinidad to Delta. Armies may use these to move from one to the next and fleets can pass through these as if they were water provinces.

I guess I did change the map from the last time it was played. Most people prefer builds to be in Home Cities and so we've eliminated the build anywhere rule and I didn't understand the choice for the build once conquered centers so I eliminated those as well. If you don't understand this paragraph that's ok, there's no need to.

On to more relevant stuff.
This game will be played on a 3/2/2 schedule.
I will send out 24hr reminders for all phases.
Speed deadlines will be in effect whenever possible, provisional orders are accepted and need to be clearly marked as provisional, once the deadline is reached they will be considered finalized.
Any player who NMRs on the first spring or 2x consequetively (I do count Retreat/Build phases) or 3x total will be automatically replaced.
The countries will be assigned by blind auction; so no talking about preferences or you'll be kicked.
Check my adjudiciations, any mistakes that last more than 1 season will not be retroactively fixed, if caught before the next season, they will be fixed and the time reset.

Sign Ups are now open. (Not necessarily first come first serve, but the sooner you sign up the better your chances).
1. Gavrilo Princip
2. Alman
3. Anaupr
4. JonS
5. ColesD
6. Pedros
7. Nanooktheeskimo
8. GhostEcho
9. Henryp0pp
10. wHavelin

Reserves:
1. Bermania
2. Bonnieblue85
3. Madeofmeat
"He says there are no easy answers. I say he's not looking hard enough!"
Morg

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1428)
All-game rating: (1561)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: War in the Americas

Postby Gavrilo Princip » 18 Mar 2015, 06:32

Hi, Morg.

Got room for a noob on this one? Plenty of Purd Dip experience at this point, and a few variants under my belt now. This would be my first foray into forum gaming, so I'd need to get used to the format a little bit, but it sounds interesting and I think I've got the room on my docket.
~Gavrilo Princip
Silver Classicist
Gavrilo Princip
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1214)
All-game rating: (1244)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby anaupr » 18 Mar 2015, 07:02

Hey Morg, I was in the last game of this, and I would be honored to be considered once again.
anaupr

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (924)
All-game rating: (928)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Alman » 18 Mar 2015, 14:56

Getting ready to GM my first forum game, but this may be too tempting to pass up. Really enjoyed the last game and would love to give it another test.

...and I've missed playing with my old friend Gavrilo.... :)
Bronze Member: The Classicists & Oldies
War in the Americas 7 PbF

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote" -Kosh
"Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound like it was." -Salvor Hardin
Alman

Standard rating: (1466)
All-game rating: (1586)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby bonnieblue85 » 18 Mar 2015, 17:08

I would like to sign up. I promise not to miss my deadlines or not submit orders. But I LOVE War in the Americas!
"President,(gasps for air) somebody bombed Miami. I think it is the Cubans. Send the army to the beaches of Miami.Call on some airplanes,too.This could be the start of a war. By the way,it is Kennedy." (phone hangs up)

—Gold Classicist
bonnieblue85

Standard rating: (835)
All-game rating: (784)

Postby Henryp0pp » 18 Mar 2015, 18:21

Can I sign up as well?

This would be my first forum game but it looks like an intriguing map and I'd love to give it a go.
Henryp0pp

Standard rating: (1033)
All-game rating: (1112)

Postby Nanook » 18 Mar 2015, 19:34

After a disappointing and, quite frankly, poor showing filling in at the end of the last run of this game, I would love to be able to play it from the start.

My messaging frequency bounces between mediocre and really good, but I never miss orders, and given that a few of my games are wrapping up this week, I'll be able to respond to messages as I get them, instead of seeing it, thinking "I'll get to it in a few minutes," and completely forgetting until it's too late, as I'm occasionally prone to doing :oops:

What I'm trying to say with too many commas, is that I would love to pay this variant from the beginning, and am willing and able to dedicate the time to it that it deserves, to play it correctly.

Anyways, please put me up for consideration!
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby PhileasFogg » 18 Mar 2015, 20:38

How would messaging on this work? I doubt I could play in it, but would love to see this variant become available on the site!
PhileasFogg

Standard rating: (1276)
All-game rating: (1339)

Postby Alman » 18 Mar 2015, 21:23

TheMalgewyn wrote:How would messaging on this work?

You use the Private Message system for messages. What normally works best is to create a folder for the game and a filter that will end all the game emails into that folder. Normally when playing, all PM's include the game name in the title.
Bronze Member: The Classicists & Oldies
War in the Americas 7 PbF

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote" -Kosh
"Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound like it was." -Salvor Hardin
Alman

Standard rating: (1466)
All-game rating: (1586)

Postby HighCheese » 18 Mar 2015, 22:34

I'll play! I'm just getting back into diplomacy after a few years hiatus but now I'm back and ready to kick some butt.
HighCheese

Standard rating: (1161)
All-game rating: (1560)
Timezone: GMT-6

Next

Return to Game 5