General Domestic Issues

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: Zander, chrisman39, mat.gopack

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby mat.gopack » 16 Jul 2019, 22:00

beadsman wrote:
mat.gopack wrote:I'm willing to give it a shot, since I can't intervene for OOC reasons - unless beads thinks I'd be too biased. I would want a co-judge on it though, musashi/Zander/kingpie would seem fitting.

This is fine by me. OOC, I trust you.

Excellent.

Luckily, I have managed to finish the judging already! Five West African soldiers went on a daring raid - and in the process, conquered the entire Latin Empire in only a day! Truly astounding results ;)
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
User avatar
mat.gopack
 
Posts: 20726
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 23:40
Location: The Carolinas
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby Subotai45 » 17 Jul 2019, 21:18

The Federation due to a freak sun storm that cut off all communication between venus and the outside world hasn’t been commenting on the utter nonsense y’all tryna do but it officially warns Cyon and Asteria that if they keep being aggressive totalitarian hellholes we ain’t gonna be so happy trackin?
User avatar
Subotai45
 
Posts: 11917
Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 22:55
Location: Pitt
All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby Subotai45 » 18 Jul 2019, 01:16

We unequivocally condemn the Ceonian actions in Spain and do not renounce our right to the use of force to prevent the oppression of the international proletariat. However, in the permanent revolution, we do not occupy the position of the vanguard on Erth and will defer to their policies in this region. We have not yet been contacted regarding our support in this matter.

We consider the Holy State in violation of our agreements and will not hold with the unilateral abrogation of the deal surrounding the Partition of China. Within the next decade, we intend to restore true situation of Nirvan to that promised by Asteria in our accords through the most limited means possible. We have not consulted with the Earth comrades in this matter. But we hold to our agreements and expect others to do the same.
User avatar
Subotai45
 
Posts: 11917
Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 22:55
Location: Pitt
All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby Subotai45 » 18 Jul 2019, 01:40

Also @red clarify what “historic interests” you have in Spain

Bead what “overseas interests” do you have that need defending
User avatar
Subotai45
 
Posts: 11917
Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 22:55
Location: Pitt
All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby beadsman » 18 Jul 2019, 02:25

I own Ascension Island, which is an important trade hub (my main trade connection to anywhere across the Atlantic) that is under an ancient treaty that prevents any military presence. As such, I need an ally and (at least minimal) military presence, specifically naval, that can quickly respond to any threat to that island. It's a pretty key location for me. I have a fleet that can arrive from South America, but if an attack were to come from (recently Communist) France, I doubt I would be able to respond in time. Hence, I feel it is necessary to have a small forward position to defend against any such potential attack.

Ascension is actually pretty important to me strategically, despite the fact that it is a demilitarized zone. I used to own some of those fake islands south of India, but those were retconned to not exist. So, yeah.

I actually kind of need this.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
User avatar
beadsman
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: 05 Oct 2014, 22:33
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1605)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby mat.gopack » 18 Jul 2019, 03:43

Subotai45 wrote:Also @red clarify what “historic interests” you have in Spain

Bead what “overseas interests” do you have that need defending

Redsun has had at least some trade with regions of Spain in the past.

beadsman wrote:I own Ascension Island, which is an important trade hub (my main trade connection to anywhere across the Atlantic) that is under an ancient treaty that prevents any military presence. As such, I need an ally and (at least minimal) military presence, specifically naval, that can quickly respond to any threat to that island. It's a pretty key location for me. I have a fleet that can arrive from South America, but if an attack were to come from (recently Communist) France, I doubt I would be able to respond in time. Hence, I feel it is necessary to have a small forward position to defend against any such potential attack.

Ascension is actually pretty important to me strategically, despite the fact that it is a demilitarized zone. I used to own some of those fake islands south of India, but those were retconned to not exist. So, yeah.

I actually kind of need this.


You do not need it, you just want it. Major distinction there. :D
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
User avatar
mat.gopack
 
Posts: 20726
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 23:40
Location: The Carolinas
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby beadsman » 18 Jul 2019, 04:21

Well, I need it or something similar if I want to adequately protect my current colonies. Do I technically need it to survive? No, but it all depends on what you would say. I do need it, but for a specific thing. In general, you are correct that I just want it. That specific thing happens to be the major focus of my country, though, so I do need to at least try.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
User avatar
beadsman
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: 05 Oct 2014, 22:33
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1605)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby mat.gopack » 18 Jul 2019, 15:06

beadsman wrote:Well, I need it or something similar if I want to adequately protect my current colonies. Do I technically need it to survive? No, but it all depends on what you would say. I do need it, but for a specific thing. In general, you are correct that I just want it. That specific thing happens to be the major focus of my country, though, so I do need to at least try.

In terms of your nation, you again don't need it for Ascension island - your colonies in Europe are not particularly large or vital.

Not to say you can't want it or fight for it, of course! But it'd be different to, say, someone blockading all your south american ports.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
User avatar
mat.gopack
 
Posts: 20726
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 23:40
Location: The Carolinas
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby RedSun » 18 Jul 2019, 16:02

Subotai45 wrote:We unequivocally condemn the Ceonian actions in Spain and do not renounce our right to the use of force to prevent the oppression of the international proletariat. However, in the permanent revolution, we do not occupy the position of the vanguard on Erth and will defer to their policies in this region. We have not yet been contacted regarding our support in this matter.

We consider the Holy State in violation of our agreements and will not hold with the unilateral abrogation of the deal surrounding the Partition of China. Within the next decade, we intend to restore true situation of Nirvan to that promised by Asteria in our accords through the most limited means possible. We have not consulted with the Earth comrades in this matter. But we hold to our agreements and expect others to do the same.


Ichiji Seijin Imai would like to note that the IWA did violate the accords by never allowing the Brazilian people the chance to immigrate to Asteria. Despite CSAS’s attempts several times to contact the West African Regime we were ignored continuously, when we reached out to Venus asking when the people would be able to leave we were told “Probably never to be honest”. We didn’t demand a return of Brazil despite your organization’s violation.
Secondly, we don’t take lightly threats especially after the recent assassination of Seijin Yamazaki. We ask the Venusian people to respect the sovereignty as we respect Venus’s sovereignty, we have never tried to encroach upon you.
Thirdly, the agreement was made prior to the Holy State’s Ascension. It is just as if you made a deal with the Shah of Iran and then 60 years later the Islamic Republic came to power. That deal was made 60 years ago by a previous administration. Acts of terrorism, subversion, corruption, and economic mismanagement resulted in the destruction of Asteria as it was known for the past 350 years. Now the Revolution is leading a new change in government.
While one nations have been quick to condemn the Holy State for its alleged “totalitarianism” one must note that on the local level there is a lot of connection to the people of the Holy State and economic equality and the historic definition of socialism despite how the IWA pretends it is today still exists in the country, people live at the same level and all the needs of the people are provided. The measures that have been taken are trying to avoid the partisan politics that plagued this country before and lead to centuries long one party rule. Ichiji Seijin Akihiro Kato was too radical too fast. That is why he resigned and I have reversed his more controversial decisions. I still instead to fix the issues that plagued Asteria, primarily the fractured bickering system that through every form of government until now has lead to internal chaos. From the roguishness of Asterian states under the Duohong regime in Kanzakis, the wolves usurpation, the rebellion in Mongolia, the Nomadic support of DUAS, the 40 year civil war, the Chinese Nationalists, the disenfranchised Sub-Koreans, the Atheists v. Religious folk, the Buddhist and Naturalists dominance over the past century, are examples of when the ethnic, linguistic, religious infighting that lead to the stagnation of our country occurred. Our goal is to cure this, to find common ground. Therefore, yes the government promotes a religion and a language above other religions and languages as that can be changed. We don’t discriminate based on ethnicity. While my preceder decided to take extreme actions, I have reversed those and I plan to be tolerant of people of other backgrounds. However, I still will promote what I believe is best for the country even if other people are unhappy with my decisions.
While we will gladly engage in dialogue that may mutually benefit our countries, do not threaten us or our sovereignty, we (the Holy State) have never launched an attack against anyone and our people have never launched an attack for centuries. Yet, you foreigners assassinate our leaders and threaten to destroy us simply for practicing our faith. That’s something I would call intolerance.
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun
 
Posts: 2122
Joined: 10 Jun 2017, 00:21
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby Subotai45 » 19 Jul 2019, 01:21

Lemme set the record straight Ooc. I’ll deal with the ic stuff later.

When I responded “probably never to be honest” I was referring to the possibility of us actually getting it done as a judges action. Judges are hard as all get out to find and roping one in for something like this is unlikely and grows less likely as time goes on. So, probably never.

You’re entitled to say however much of your nation is made up of refugees far as I’m concerned so if you want to say a million emigrated to Asteria before Union with the BSU you’re entitled to that as far as I’m concerned. But not judged, ya hear?

Additionally, OOC trade with these regions is so small and insignificant as to be meaningless. Like Spain is small and poor compared to say, the Cooperative which is much closer to your heartland, so trade with Spain even if it does exist is probably less than a percent of your total trade volume. Even if distance is less of a factor in CYOC than RL spain’s GDP is probably the same as a medium-sized City on Venus or Mobius.

Ditto with Cyon - I’m not sure why all your trade is routed through ascension if it just needs to be sent again to other more prominent and populous mainland cities. Your choice but again it’s not like this needs a war to resolve.
User avatar
Subotai45
 
Posts: 11917
Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 22:55
Location: Pitt
All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest