General Domestic Issues

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: Zander, chrisman39, mat.gopack

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby beadsman » 01 Oct 2018, 07:21

I'm going to take the newly completed fleet and use the ships to replace the ships lost in the Belt War. The damaged ships will be repaired (assuming I regain control of them from Venus), and the leftover ships (including the 3rd Imperator and a significantly smaller fleet than usual) will be designated the Mars Defense Fleet. Only 2 Hyperions and 40 Scythes will be commissioned to complete the Mars Defense Fleet. That leaves the fleet with a very limited range of operations, as there is no carrier to host the fighters. They will be kept in orbit of Mars as a light defense force. Repairs on the damaged ships are estimated to take 8 years. The new ships will only take 2 years to construct at the Terra 1 Shipyards (I did the math, and it checks out). The only other production project right now is the manufacturing of a few million stealth suits with which to equip the BX-3 Rangers. Of course, the suits decommissioned by our recently downsized intelligence corps will be used. That project should only take a year and minimal resources.

Military spending has been changed, officially, to 40% (instead of nearly 50%). This is still a major increase when compared to the previous military spending. This new spending is partially to accommodate the Martian Light Defense Fleet. In a way, I'm actually downsizing from my planned military, since I'm mostly not rebuilding my decimated fleet.

Other than that, business will continue as usual.
Last edited by beadsman on 01 Oct 2018, 08:08, edited 1 time in total.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1605)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby beadsman » 01 Oct 2018, 08:01

The Imperium is devastated to announce the heroic death of Grand Admiral Gerardo Astor III following the Battle of the Belt. While his ship, the Geta, was not destroyed, it was heavily damaged, and he was mortally injured in the attack. He died just hours after receiving word that the war was over, still a Venusian POW.

He was a widower, but is survived by 3 children. His honorable death will be remembered as a symbol of Cyonian solidarity and bravery for generations to come.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley

beadsman

Postby Subotai45 » 01 Oct 2018, 15:19

beadsman wrote:I'm going to take the newly completed fleet and use the ships to replace the ships lost in the Belt War. The damaged ships will be repaired (assuming I regain control of them from Venus.

They’ve been redistributed, comrade. Seize the means of production!
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby beadsman » 01 Oct 2018, 15:42

...you took them. That was, I'm pretty sure, a term for the end of the war. Perhaps I need to rediscuss this peace with Mobius...

beadsman

Postby Subotai45 » 01 Oct 2018, 15:47

Go right ahead buckoo. Maybe go snag another alliance member. I'm guessing 4v1 is unfair to you without the element of surprise and only Mobius, the Cooperative, Aresia, and the Imperial Remnant on your side, so maybe go snag Baun, the PCG, and I guess Asteria because any less than 7-1 is preposterous if I know you're coming.
Subotai45

Postby Subotai45 » 01 Oct 2018, 16:21

I agreed to a white peace, nothing more, and am under no obligation to return my ships to their prior owner. If you attempt to declare war on me with this CB, I will call on the IWA to defend me, but even if they don't, I'm going to fight you for them because I'm not bending any more for this hugbox. It's up to you how much you want to bleed for some hulks, and how much you want to aggravate Venus.
Subotai45

Postby Subotai45 » 01 Oct 2018, 17:27

UPF is withdrawing embassies from Cyon, Cooperarice, Mobius, Aresia, and Baun.
Subotai45

Postby Constantine072 » 01 Oct 2018, 17:39

Han Apollo stands vigil, his era has seen many changes but perhaps this be one of the hardest. Around half of the Corps were deployed to the defense of Kuiato. And only himself a few others survived. His side won the war but lost the battle, if one would call it that. His sisters and friend personal commanders are little more than space debris. And his people’s most long term rival, granted them an alliance. While his nations closest thing to an ally, has turned against them and now in vigil he stands.

Laying to rest several of his comrades, and friends. Brothers and Sisters, men and women he has fought alongside for a generation. And even as he defended Kuiato, the nation he swore to protect still is in ruins. He preserved the company, but thrice under his watch did the Corps decimated, his forces destroyed, and his fleet reduce to scrap metal. Now at this juncture the forces he gathered to defend Kuiato, only desired a proxy war to dishonor a foe. Taking the time and effort he begins the rebuilding process once more.

“....once more onto the breach.”

—————
The Cooperative Corps; is one of the most iconic aspects of the company. Contrary to popular belief, the Corps does not just include Commander, but also Engineers, as well as individuals known as Rangers. To the end of the Sybian era, the Dreadnought Class Mecha have also been piloted by Corps members of Engineer or Commander. The Corps is led by the Head Of the Corps, or the highest ranking officer in the Commander Corps. And below him is the Master Ranger and the Engineer-General. The three officers of the Corps are given the right to pilot the 3 Corps Commanders, Annihilation Class Commanders in charge of the various Cooperative Regions, they are Cornelius, The Gaurdsman and Tiberius. With each new head changing or adding a preferred prefix. The various regions of the Cooperative govern themselves and responsible for their own defense (or more accurately determine their own levels of defense spending and Domuia creates an army for that area based on that), with the Corps recruitment being the only exception.

Every member or region is in charge of sending around 750 individual for Corps training each year. While many fail the cut, but others make it past. It is tradition then for during Pod Creation individuals of the same generation but different regions are placed together into a new region. The purpose is that these Corps members, Engineer, Ranger, or Commander act as representives of there home region. Creating a unifying feature for the various sub regions. The commander pilots are seen as an immense honor with only around 100 being alive at any given time and only 60 actively deployed. Rangers are slightly more numerous at around 600, but each ranger will have multiple trainees who serve under them. The most common member of the Corps are Engineers with a membership of 20,000 and more. Engineer serve as subCommanders during war acting as tactical leaders while commander pilots focus on the larger picture.

Fronts outside of space commonly only have 3-5 commanders, an Annihilation class and 2 commander pods. More often there be several thousand engineers running around during the grunt work. This makes the Engineers while often undervalued by many, an essential part of the Cooperative Army. A Cooperative force would be less effective or even crippled by the loss of the Commander anchoring it, losing the supporting Engineers would very likely result in the Cooperative army being non functional or worse. While commanders are trained and able to effectively to see hundred of thousand of drone point of views at once without breaking, going insane from the neural overlord, or otherwise, Cooperative armies often number in the millions. Engineers while only trained to handle a few thousand, are atleast 500 to 1,000 per a deployed commander. Making their contribution to the army control essential to the function of the cooperative armies.

The rangers serve a role as scouts during role, diplomats during peace and spies during shadow wars. While they see little ‘use’ compared to the other Corps members. Their role is vital as shown during the Belt War, where Master Ranger Mao Umbra gathered the coalition to defend Kuiato. One of there other roles are being the bodyguard of Commander Pilots. And being something akin to internal investigators. And among other things, are the only organic among the Corps. Kuiato sends its pilots for Corps training, many become ‘droids’ for better interfacing with the neural network. For this reason Kuiato also has a large number of representative among the Cooperative Rangers.
SWG - RIP - Benjam Frail Radiant
(former fan) of GPG till Dungeon Siege 3 and Supreme Commander 2
ARM and UEF forever
Also known as Dragun101, and Schlitzaf on other forums
Constantine072

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby beadsman » 01 Oct 2018, 19:02

Cyon hereby withdraws all embassies and ambassadors from Venus and all Venusian-held colonies and provinces.Trade restrictions will also be placed on all Venusian goods to match in severity the restrictions placed on us. That probably equates to about 60-70% tariff (That's probably about the same as the tariffs placed on Cyonian companies).

We're not at war, but Venus is now our sworn enemy. Hopefully, war won't happen again for a very long time. That doesn't mean I'm going to be all nice and friendly. Believe it or not, I actually tried.

beadsman

Postby Subotai45 » 01 Oct 2018, 19:20

You were the one that declared war on us, you were the one that helped to orchestrate an ambush out of misplaced fury at the IWA, and you're the one aggressively trying to revise the peace settlement. The Federation is not in the wrong in the Cyon-Federal relationship, and we've considered you an enemy since you declared an offensive war on us. We're just surprised it's taken you so long to declare us an enemy, given the bottomless depths of your hatred for the Federal people and your admitted desire to reduce them to a third-rate power.

It is that hatred will be so hard to overcome among the new immigrants to our nation, given a new home after their warships, arrayed against the Universal People's Federation, were liberated in combat. While enjoying the many amenities of life in the VSFSR, including free health care for not only their combat-related wounds, but the physical and mental strains of their previous lives in soul-crushing capitalist societies. Those who were still able to walk, or the former cripples, brought back to health by Federal medtech, enjoy the largest parks system in the known universe, with little supervision. The Cooperative and Aresian sailors, many who were little more than crippled wrecks when they fell into Federal jurisdiction, enjoy fresh new bodies, like those the Machine Intelligences (a recognized cultural grouping in the Federation) use when they are exploring planets and interacting with their humanoid counterparts.

Despite such good treatment, there is a long way to go. The former enemies of the Federation find their new hosts discomforting and oddly polite, and don't seem to grasp that their hosts are in fact hosts, and not captors. They do however miss their families very much, and it is really a shame that no repatriation agreement has yet been reached between the former combatants of the Belt War. Our new citizens just want their families to join them on their new home, even if they phrase it more like "I don't want to be on this planet, the birds look really hostile and keep pooping on me."
Subotai45

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country