General Domestic Issues

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby beadsman » 20 Aug 2018, 01:35

Now that the war is over and I now have access the improved designs for BX-1 Commandos, I will begin producing a total of 1.6 million BX-1 Elite Commandos, 400,000 BX-2 Elite Heavy Infantry, 1 million BX-3 Rangers, 20 AAMP-L units, 200,000 Flametanks, 115,000 Silver Shield Mk. III-A units, 383,000 Chaos Heavy Artillery pieces, 366,000 Hailfire Tanks, 358,000 Heavy Dragoons, and 75 BMCU field commanders. I will also use the Star Forge and Mechis to replace the starships and units belonging to the Star Armada which I lost during the League War. The entire production of these units is estimated at 3 years. Yes, I did the math for my production capabilities. It is totally within my means. [EDIT: I'm adding 1 BMCU Field Commander. And 100 automated kamikaze Terrasubs fitted with the nukes I already have] Of course, I'm also manufacturing the equipment necessary to supply my infantry and other units. I detailed those specifications below.

Infantry Supply Details:
BX-1 Elite Commando: Each is armed with an Eliminator Rifle and a Westar Inferno
BX-2 Elite Heavy Infantry: Each is armed with a PERL rocket launcher, 3 Nanomines, and a Westar Inferno
BX-3 Ranger: Each is armed with an Eliminator Rifle, 2 Nanomines, and a Westar Inferno

Incidentally, I am also finishing my research projects in 3 years. That means I can get a serious leg up on my military reforms. Bam.

EDIT: The BX-3 Marine is now renamed the BX-4 Marine.

IC: In light of recent events, the Cyonian Senate has voted unanimously to embark on a rigorous program of widespread militarization. The Imperium is determined to become a military power.
Last edited by beadsman on 22 Aug 2018, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1599
All-game rating: 1603
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby musashisamurai » 20 Aug 2018, 03:46

The new Flag of Pacifica! for the time, currently under construction for a more royal flag
Attachments
Pacifica_Flag_white.jpg
Pacifica_Flag_white.jpg (23.45 KiB) Viewed 196 times
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Subotai45 » 20 Aug 2018, 16:35

The Federal Soviet recently, after much debate, passed the controversial "Freedom to Engage in Foreign Political Processes Act," which allows any Federal citizen to organize and support the revolution on foreign soil without the explicit blessing or permission of the Federation, up to and including getting together a bunch of pals to go topple the odd government or two on their vacation time (which is likely generous due to strong unions and labor protection laws). An even more controversial "Library Bill", authorizing Federal citizens to sign out weaponry at their local library for foreign revolutionary activity is currently on the floor of the Federal Soviet.
Universal People's Federation
PM me if you're interested in Create Your Own Country!
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

The Galactic Voice: A People's Will

Postby kingpie3 » 20 Aug 2018, 16:54

The Consortium of Holy Baunairi Guilds currently operates in the Atlantic Imperium, but due to mounting stupidity in the region, is slowly exiting. It leaves behind a stellar record of economic development and social progress, the likes of which the region has never seen. The Amedee line still has a dominant position, but has largely taken on a ceremonial role more in accordance with the Cyonic governance model.

The success and stability that was brought to the small South American nation has convinced many citizens in Baunair that maybe the corporation should turn its sights on their home nation. As readers are well aware, the Baunszalcoteque Federation has been wracked by years of chaos and political outrage as widespread corruption and censorship has come to the forefront. While Premier Tammertert has attempted to quell these growing calls for regime changed with militarization and aggressive policing, he now enjoys virtually zero support among his people.

Instead, there has been rising support for the introduction of the Consortium to reorganize society and reintroduce that classic Baunairi prosperity. These desires are bolstered by increasing support for the Cult of Janisis as a charity organization that has offered social stability in the wake of an economic downturn. Roughly 65% of the population is now Janisist, benefiting from an array of initiatives designed to keep them fed and safe. This number is quickly rising, especially as support for the Bauno Church and to a lesser extent, the Sufi Orders wane due to apparent complicity in the nation's corruption.
The Techabaun Federation in CYOC

Unless both sides win, no agreement can be permanent.
- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

Re: The Galactic Voice: A People's Will

Postby mat.gopack » 20 Aug 2018, 16:59

kingpie3 wrote:The Consortium of Holy Baunairi Guilds currently operates in the Atlantic Imperium, but due to mounting stupidity in the region, is slowly exiting. It leaves behind a stellar record of economic development and social progress, the likes of which the region has never seen. The Amedee line still has a dominant position, but has largely taken on a ceremonial role more in accordance with the Cyonic governance model.

"The likes of which the region has never seen"

-->

Basically right on the border with the UMC, which is far more economically developed and socially progressive than the Imperium. Unless you're deliberately limiting 'the region' to mean just the Atlantic Imperium?
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

The Galactic Voice: A Corporate Declaration

Postby kingpie3 » 20 Aug 2018, 17:41

In a short statement made today from a rural Szalchian community in Yurameht, Cult leader Kraash Taundra declared the "divine necessity" of the Consortium to institute a "better order" in Baunair. Here are some important highlights of the speech:

. "Premier Tammertert failed you, he failed your children, and he failed Janisis"
. "Our nation has become a reflection of the chaos we sought to rise above"
. "Holy blood runs through our streets as we fight for what the Espers know is right"
. "The Consortium has a divine mandate, through Janisis himself to help our country do better"
. "I call on mobilized troops to fight, embody the Circuit of Product and perform what the Ciphers foretold"
. "Rise my Speakers, for the farubolo ritual must commence. Our nation will flow!"
. "A Jan'isi must rule, only then will the Cosmic Zenith be attainable!"

In the aftermath of this speech, the city of Rosealba's Garden erupted in chaos when High General Uturaam ordered his troops to arrest Premier Tammertert. The former Janisist priest released a statement declaring the "total immorality" of the Tammertert regime and the importance of a "new nation". In his statement he uttered the controversial words "The Baunairi are dead". The Premier's whereabouts are unknown, but many believe he has traveled to Waresoht, a land of tropical savanna.

- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

The Galactic Voice: A New Nation

Postby kingpie3 » 20 Aug 2018, 18:35

Not long after the fall of Rosealba's Garden, Kraash Taundra and the leadership of the Consortium walked through the streets of Oorvale, the capital of the Baunairi. The Cult leader decried the city itself, calling it "gaudy, inferior, and offensive". As he spoke, he was flanked by the Board of Directors and gave a magnificent speech about the "new order" he sought to create. He declares the end of the Baunszalcoteque Federation. He repeats the words of Uturaam, now an icon among the poor, stating "The Baunairi are dead." But he goes on to say "We are the Baujantec. Men and women above those wretched souls."

He declares the "Consortium of Holy Baujantec Entinates". As he speaks, Szalchian operatives led by King Orinza move silently through Baujantec cities, capturing every corrupt government official they can find. "Uturaam's Horde" as people have taken to calling it, fire at loyalist strongholds in the northern provinces backed by cartels and unlawful mayors. Uturaam soon voices support for Taundra and marches toward Waresoht to find Tammertert on his behalf.

A new order rises over this nation. A people are reborn and will soon bath in Janisis' light.

- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

Re: The Galactic Voice: A New Nation

Postby mat.gopack » 20 Aug 2018, 18:59

kingpie3 wrote: He declares the end of the Baunszalcoteque Federation.

OOC: Whew, now it'll be something with an easier name to remember

kingpie3 wrote: He declares the "Consortium of Holy Baujantec Entinates".

(Keeping up the tradition of un-rememberable names :) )
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Postby Subotai45 » 20 Aug 2018, 19:54

The People's Revolutionary Army's 31st Field Artillery Company blasts away at a capitalist force attempting a flanking maneuver. Of the two artillery branches, they definitely have the easier job. Air-Defense Artillery is struggling to compensate for the historic Venusian weakness in aircraft, taking down the nearly uncountable number of ground-attack planes the Sybians throw at the UFP's forces. Three cities have fallen thus far, albeit at significant cost to both the civilian population and the revolutionary soldiers.

The People's Revolutionary Armada has not been shy about orbital bombardment, at all. When they spot any kind of Sybian detatchment, they get a little excited and start dropping rocks. Lots of rocks. And they aren't super good at aiming so they've levelled a few cities, but it's really okay, if you think about it, because they died in the name of the Revolution, and they were all bourgeoise oppressors anyway.

After some time, the entire planetoid is occupied, and in the corporate headquarters, a Federal General proclaims the founding of the Sybus Workers' Republic, the newest member of the ICPR, and the rightful claimant to all formerly Sybian lands.
Universal People's Federation
PM me if you're interested in Create Your Own Country!
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby kingpie3 » 20 Aug 2018, 20:35

"Does the Synod not breath as it always has, Adored One?" a voice asked, followed by a quaint sip.

Kraash had not yet grown accustomed to the ceremonious titles lobbed his way. He was the first Jan'isi in over a millennia, the most powerful man in a faith of over 1.5 billion. Yet he could not pretend to be a holier man than he was yesterday when he declared a new order for his people.

"The Synod will breath in this zenith and the next, Valane." Tiberio interjected, right before Kraash could speak. "But for now our interests will be in the domain of man, not the Espers. The Synod of Monte-Shorre, the greatest Janisist minds in Sol, must be, how do Nelumboans say it? Seeded anew."

Valane's 4 eyes narrowed on the human. "I have not been back to Nelumbo in 135 years. But despite complaints from my wives, I think it was worth it. The Synod is well, and will be taking a dominant position in this new government."

"That's what I came to discuss, old friend." Kraash said. "You are my mentor. You found me when I was a scrappy boy from a fishing village in Serpens. I need you as an ally, a member of a new Synod just for the Entinates."

"A demotion, it would seem."

"No. The Entinates are the center of this faith, and only through divine leadership here will Janisis spread to all the stars. Who better to represent my ideals to this Synod than the man who put them in me in the first place?"

"One who is progressive, for lack of a better word." Tiberio stated plainly. "This Synod will have its radicals, but they must be outmatched by men like you. Otherwise we'll have men like Uturaam becoming the Jan'isi."

Valane sits in his chair, and takes another sip of water. "My life's work has been here in Janisabad. Where will this secondary Synod take me? To Oorvale?"

"Oorvale is a cursed city. You know that." Kraash says with a morbid tone. "As soon as everything is up and running I'm having most of it deconstructed and ripping off that gold plating myself. No, you'll be heading to a new city. In Terras, perhaps."

"I see. And who else will be forming the Baujantec Synod?"

"I'm having Tiberio and some of his friends pick. They and their families are getting a privileged position in the government. I've started calling them Luminaires."

"You are the Adored One. Your wish is my command. And I look eagerly to knowing my colleagues, Luminaire Tiberio. Please make sure they're not all assholes." The alien smiled as the two men walked out the temple hall.

- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country