General Domestic Issues

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: Zander, chrisman39, mat.gopack

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby Subotai45 » 05 Aug 2018, 21:11

Mmm I need to consider that one. Good question. I’m leaning towards law.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby kingpie3 » 06 Aug 2018, 05:22

musashisamurai wrote:Would anyone be interested in a Reverie role play in Pacifica? Y'all could each play as a house or nobility or some invitee, and within reason, I could have said families or politicians continue their influence based on how you act for decades to come.

For those aren't aware, Reverie is like a 3 month long event held every 4 years or more wherein all the noble houses return to my capital and the monarch holds a Outer Council with all noble houses (mirroring the Inner Council with a small select few Great Houses and officials held more frequently to run the government). Houses negotiate with each other, present to the monarch cases and appeals, and there are other social events held at the same including the Pacifican Olympics. Although a peaceful event, there are also occasional bloodsports presentations and even sanctioned duels between nobility and their champions.

Alternatively, if people can promise not to just wave their dicks around (sorry for the language) it could be a spy role play because I do imagine every nation is hiding spies within the masses of tourists and visitors to the capital in this time period.

A Pacifican Reverie sounds like lots of fun, I'm up for it.
The Techabaun Federation in CYOC

Unless both sides win, no agreement can be permanent.
- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby mat.gopack » 06 Aug 2018, 19:19

Sure Musashi, I'd be up for either one.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Postby beadsman » 06 Aug 2018, 21:21

The Cyonian Embassy in the DRACS has been evacuated. The Imperium has offered unrestricted asylum to any and all refugees from the DRACS until we can ensure the survival of the C-T people.

We denounce the UMC and Turkmenistan communes for their overt aggression. Truly, they now show their ugly face. Heavy sanctions will be placed on the UMC and any aggressor nations if they should break the fragile peace in C-T.

We were content to live in peace, but all you want is war. You will never be satisfied with the blood you have spilled. You always insist on spreading death, pain, and violence wherever you turn. Truly, now the world can see why you call yourselves red.

We currently recognize the Turkmenistan communists as a legitimate nation. Should they attack the DRACS in any way, however, we will cease to do so. They will be considered as terrorists and legally subject to any and all counter-terrorist measures.

We will not fight now, for it is not what Cyon wants. We are done with blood and war. However, all aggressors will face their deserved fate - at our hand or another's. It's just karma.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1605)

Postby beadsman » 06 Aug 2018, 22:08

Fun fact for flavor:

Although we don't have many nicknames for many other nations, over the last few years we have developed several. In fact, during the League War, a few bored members of the late CDC convinced one of the local BMCUs to refer to all members of the Collective as toasters. The trend caught on, and it is now a common term throughout the military. Yes, that includes the robots.

Common nicknames:
The Collective: Toasters (nearly universal post-war)
UMC: Reds, Commies
NVC: Vikes, Geneys (pronounced like Genies)
Venusians: Bugs

Just to clarify, none of this is meant as an actual insult to any of the nations on the list. It's just common nicknames. (Venus, no offense, buddy.)

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley

beadsman

Postby mat.gopack » 06 Aug 2018, 22:35

beadsman wrote:The Cyonian Embassy in the DRACS has been evacuated. The Imperium has offered unrestricted asylum to any and all refugees from the DRACS until we can ensure the survival of the C-T people.

We denounce the UMC and Turkmenistan communes for their overt aggression. Truly, they now show their ugly face. Heavy sanctions will be placed on the UMC and any aggressor nations if they should break the fragile peace in C-T.

We were content to live in peace, but all you want is war. You will never be satisfied with the blood you have spilled. You always insist on spreading death, pain, and violence wherever you turn. Truly, now the world can see why you call yourselves red.

We currently recognize the Turkmenistan communists as a legitimate nation. Should they attack the DRACS in any way, however, we will cease to do so. They will be considered as terrorists and legally subject to any and all counter-terrorist measures.

We will not fight now, for it is not what Cyon wants. We are done with blood and war. However, all aggressors will face their deserved fate - at our hand or another's. It's just karma.

The 'survival of the C-T people', as the Cyonians call it, is not at state. The Turkestani Communes, the only legitimate government in the region, is the people of the former Austlandian province of Centralia-Turkmenistan. The people make up the communities, they make up the government directly - and they are not at risk of being destroyed, except from imperialist capitalist powers.

For the past 10 years, there has been an uneasy armistice in the region, as the Cyonian puppet regime in the north stumbled its way towards continuous exploitation of the working class - even as, in the south of the nation, the people prospered. But now that Cyon is stretched, and the people of Turkestan yearn to free their brothers and sisters, the dream is finally reality.

The Union does not plan to get involved. However, we support the aims of our comrades in Turkestan, both free and exploited, in their goal to liberate the entire country.

In solidarity,

The Mattibean Central Committee
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Postby beadsman » 06 Aug 2018, 23:09

They are allies, but not puppets. Go ahead, send your teams in to investigate. You will find it is as we claim. We have not been involved in anything that government has done, and the only time you could argue otherwise would be during the C-T civil war, when we provided military advisors.

We have our eye on the region. Should the UMC get involved at all, we will know. We also plan to provide a new home for all refuges from the area in an undisclosed location. The people in the north did not want communism before, and those who would retain the rights of a free market are welcome to Cyon until such time as we can find them a new home.

The peaceful (and unarmed) Xerxes Initiative will be temporarily pulled from Paraguay to be deployed at a location near the northern border of the DRACS to aid in the evacuation of any refugees who wish to leave. If there is anyone who does not leave, we will assume they either prefer communism or wish to fight. We honor any decision made by the free and independent people of the DRACS. We will not refuse humanitarian aid to our allies, however. If they don't want to subject themselves to your economic system, at least let them leave in peace.

Should the Communists strike at their northern neighbors, we will appeal to every international court in this solar system to see justice done for such murder.

beadsman

Cult of Janisis Interview

Postby kingpie3 » 07 Aug 2018, 05:47

Hello my viewers here in the PCG and around Sol, I am Silenius ap Trabanos and welcome to "Peace Talks". I'm currently interviewing the leader of the Cult of Janisis, Kraash Taundra, who's a major corporate leader and controversial political commentator. He's recently gotten in hot waters over his blistering remarks regarding the current political uprising in his nation, the Baunszalcoteque Federation.

S: Mr. Taundra, I'm sure you've seen the recent announcement by Premier Tammertert to mobilize some 50 million Baunairi soldiers to fight the Cooperative on Earth. What are your thoughts on this stunning development?

K: humans are overly concerned with the laws of man and not the demands of God. Why is the Premier preparing young children for slaughter on Earth and forcing our people into disharmony? To what benefit is that to the Desired Channels of purity, purpose, and pleasure? He's a deathly man, and brings unholy imbalance to the cosmic order and that is my issue. He's burning this nation's life away with his continued attempts at relevance. It is irreligious and will only lead to the death of every Baunairi soul."

S: You do realize Baunair is a part of the Power to the People League and thus is obligated by it's charter to come to the defense of it's members should they go to war?"

K: These obligations were made improperly, brought forth by arrogance and an imbalance toward the Circuit of Munificence. People are given inherent worth by Janisis and its soul, how they choose to live and die with that is up to them. I for one do not think democracy is the highest form of government nor a necessity for true life-death. And thus I do not believe noble souls should die fighting for these manufactured ideals, especially when their deaths are in service to an unholy despot.

S: What is the highest form of government for you then?

K: For me it is theocracy, for others it is dictatorship. Janisis is an infinite god, pleasing it takes infinite forms if one is genuine in faith and effective in practice. All it demands are Ciphers and the Circuits and the Cosmic Zenith is somewhat approachable in this plane of existence. Even a Mattibbean can come understand Janisis and embrace the faith.

S: We have a saying in my country. "I’ve never been arrogant enough to presume that I might know the mind of god-

K: "And any man that does, should not be trusted." It's a rather well known quote back home. What of it?

S: I'm sure there are millions of people saying that right now as they watch this program. They see you and the Venusian Emperor and worry about leaders in Sol guided by forces they don't can't see and don't understand. What's your response?

K: I profess to know the will of Janisis because I believe it is synonymous with all. Time and space are in constant flux, a continuum, no? Life and death reflect that, and thus the two are one and the same. Janisis is but the name we give this universal concept, this conduit of all that has, does, and will exist. This bearer of foreign, unseen energies, souls if you will, that permeate everything. You, me, this chair, everything. It is a reality beyond realities of an incalculably advanced nature, something beyond sentience. There is a meaning to that we're not meant to understand, but to leave that at the door and refuse to make sense of it is greater arrogance than any half-baked answer the faithful come up with. Divinity itself is not above reproach. It's with that in mind I believe the Circuits of Luminescence are an effective, worthwhile answer.

S: Let's talk about your company, the Consortium of Holy Baunairi Guilds. It seems to be moving along nicely in remaking the Atlantic Imperium. The center of a continental Hyperway system, a 40% growth in light industry, and a new merchant fleet ready for deployment next year. What's been the secret to your success and what future plans does the corporation have?

K: My position as CEO is only as effective as the Board of Directors is. I am a holy man, so I'm not the most well-versed in business. What I do have is heart and an eager willingness to ingratiate the people of the Atlantic Imperium to the presence of this corporation improving their lives. I'm assisted by 12 of some of the greatest businessmen and women on Mars. They're getting their own cover on the popular Baunairi magazine "Vivant" so stay tuned for that. We also plan on making a major announcement in the coming months regarding expansion of the corporation.

- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

Cover Story of VIVANT: The Gilded Age

Postby kingpie3 » 12 Aug 2018, 18:17

The Gilded Age
The Consortium of Holy Baunairi Guilds is the 2nd largest conglomerate on Mars with vast commercial interests in every industry. Only a few hours after the corporation was founded, it was sold to the Cult of Janisis, with Kraash Taundra as its CEO and Tiberio Zwecklin as its COO. Before these corporations merged they were on the brink of collapse due to national boycotts and political instability at home. In a secret meeting on Earth they agreed to pull together their remaining resources and brand themselves as beneficiaries of nations in need of progress. They merged with the League of Restorative Guilds, which was also ran by Taundra and Zwecklin, putting behind them decades of ill will and corporate politics.

However, a new board of directors is taking center stage as the previous leaders of the composite corporations agree to limit their involvement in return for undisclosed "benefits". In this new era, the corporation hopes to expand its holdings in every possible dimension while solidifying its economic presence in Baunair. The men and women who will undertake this endeavor are as diverse and ambitious as the corporate holdings they run.

Bio-Engineering/Gene Mods:
Company: Vitae Advance Biostocks
Leader: Drissa Antaya, Janisist Moor from Rosealba's Garden
Operations: Vitae is the premier biotech company on Mars and a major provider of biotechnology in places like South America and more recently East Asia. Despite a large presence in the personal augmentation field, they possess extensive control over more "niche" aspects of the market like pets, art, and cuisine. Vitae wines are considered among the best in the known universe. Antaya has been with the corporation for over a century and played a major role in getting the previous CEO to condemn Baunairi corruption before violence broke out.

Heavy/Light Manufacturing:
Company: Overgraphics Industries
Leader: Carda B'Urquan, Muslim French/Nelumboan hybrid from rural Yurameht
Operations: Overgraphics is the second oldest corporation of the 12, having played a major role in the Celestial Trek, when hundreds of millions of Baunairi people moved to Mars after secession. It provided jobs to well over 40% of the population during the Trek and up until recently controlled 60% of all manufacturing in the nation, mostly selling heavy machinery and home goods. B'Urquan is a power player in the company who tried and failed to take her assets in Orindore and start her own company after finding out Overgraphics was working with the Weaponeer Order to illegally sell guns in South America. She is one of the few non-Janisists on the Board.

Banking/Finance:
Company: Nayolwk Banking Clans
Leader: Xilou Kadi, Janisist Polynesian/Malian hybrid from Trevnoi
Operations: The Nayolwk Banking Clan married into the Aresian royal family centuries ago, but due to poor investments it barely holds onto its position as the leading bank on Mars. The family is now dispersed and plagued by petty infighting, which allowed the once ignored Kadi to come into a dominant position and control many of the satellite banks. He's used connections to the Baunairi diaspora in Pacifican extrasolar colonies to generate useful, if somewhat small amounts of money for the Clans.

Mass Media/Entertainment/Tourism:
Company: Sol Speaker Group
Leader: Delmar Seguin, Janisist Frenchman from Trevnoi
Operations: Sol Speaker Group controlled by far the smallest portion of their respective industry at the time of merger. A student of the late PCG journalist Yaris Unurka, Seguin operated a small publishing group in Trevnoi before becoming a Janisist marabout and making a living providing off-worlders spiritual journeys. This small enterprise ballooned into river boat tours, a TV channel, and a new media platform he turned into a several billion dollar planetary venture. Sol Speaker Group's news content had been overtly critical of state corruption for decades and was found to be a chief target of harassment and silencing by government agents, pushing the company into entertainment, where it used satire to continue its criticisms. It controls roughly 15% of Baunairi media.

Computer Design/Online Maintenance:
Company: Translight High Concepts
Leader: Verva Gaubinef, Folk Janisist Algerian Arab/Rellakhan hybrid from Orlaith
Operations: Translight is currently a major competitor in the field of personal electronics and information technology, but it once held a monopoly on Baunairi infrastructure. Employing a predominantly Rellakhan workforce due to their skill in processing information, the corporation's human founders created a "plasma ceiling" to keep qualified Rellakhans from entering the upper echelons. Upstart company Redwalker Union took advantage of this roughly 200 years ago by secretly assisting Rellakhans in voting out the discriminatory Board of Directors in return for allowing them to carve out a space in construction. But tensions abound as a Rellakhan-dominated Translight seeks to reenter the construction industry. Gaubinef is considered one of the smartest people on Mars and built a name for herself within the corporation due to her emphasis on faith, an alien concept to Rellakhans up until recently.

Construction Development/Building:
Company: Redwalker Union
Leader: Melek Buteau, Bauno Frenchman from Nauthet
Operations: Redwalker Union was started by a loose association of Bauno Christian construction groups that built Oorvale, the Baunairi capital. However, they were incredibly regional, despite big dreams of leading national construction. After supporting a leadership change in Translight it has grown into a transnational juggernaut in Baunair and on Earth. It recently had extreme difficulties when some Venusian workers started this thing called a strike, the first in roughly a 700 years. Melek Buteau managed to negotiate with these disgruntled workers and their allies, and used his Bauno faith to have the Church support his efforts. As the Church declines due to protests the company is rapidly losing its monopoly. Many wonder why Taundra didn't pick a smaller company to represent construction interests.

Energy Production/Utilities Maintenance:
Company: Gumbrai Energy Federation
Leader: Enzo Jemhier, Janisist Martisian from New Janisabad
Operations: Gumbrai has been a major Baunairi energy provider for over a millennium, having been the chief source of Baunairi power back on Earth. It came to be owned by a prominent Janisist family roughly 80 years ago and has seen itself expand into Martis. They have a close working relationship with the Orlaith Trading Corporation as they've been their principal means of growing into the interstellar market. However, the Federation is concerned that that the OTC maybe be positioning itself to conduct a hostile takeover. Jemhier is rather unhappy with having to inherit the family business, but was appalled when he found people in his company had conspired to hike up energy prices to help the government shut down protests. He fired those involved and came out against Tammertert.

Weapon Creation/Military Development:
Company: Weaponeer Order
Leader: Moruk, Folk Janisist Szalchian from Orindore
Operations: The Weaponeer Order is a recent combination of 3 of the biggest defense corporations in Baunair and was the only weapon developer in the nation. It was notoriously corrupt and was noted to be involved in gun-running, war profiteering, and assassinations across various wars on Earth. The Order came under control of Moruk, who used his background in intelligence and assassination to claw his way to the top, as is customary for the corporation. He has worked tirelessly to remove the stain of the Order's past, but when found they had resumed gun running in South America he had several members of the board "removed".

Education/Career Promotion:
Company: Learner Industries
Leader: N'Zinii Khata, Folk Janisist Korhali from Korhal
Operations: Baunair has always had a world-class education system, which for the last 400 years has been operated by Intel-Mechanic Corp. Recently coming under the leadership of Khata, the corporation is noted for its provision of an apolitical school curriculum, which roughly 75% of Baunairi youth use. Khata innovated a new program to consolidate private tutors under the Corp and increase their mobility, much like how Korhali-Baunairi practice nomadism.

Resource Extraction/Mining:
Company: Daydyne Rock Merchants
Leader: Soulby Rezal, Janisist Malian from Waresoht
Operations: Daydyne Rock Merchants are the premier gold miners in the galaxy and have a monopoly over the mining industry, along with extensive interests in lumber. They've been pushed out of the industry as they scale down operations in response to increased imports from Earth and the PCG. Rezal has had an adversarial relationship with Tammertert over this and gained favor with the Cult by supporting Janisism among his miners. He is noted for expanding into the Martis region post-referendum.

Cultural Services/People Work:
Company:Inter-People Corps
Leader: Idder Layad, Janisist Berber from New Baun
Operations: Inter-People is composed of maids, administrative staff, people doing "dirty jobs", and other soft, personalized tasks. It's often considered the "support corporation" for how their workers form the backbones of other industries and companies within the nation. Known for its multinational diversity, but oppressive policies, Layad has moved to create equality within the corporation and sponsor Janisist clerics converting low level workers. Layad was a strong supporter of Taundra's ascension within Cult society and was personally chosen by the religious leader to manage the corporation when the Consortium was formed.

Intra/Extra Solar Transport/Spaceship Design:
Company: Orlaith Trading Corporation
Leader: Centu-Eo, Janisist Rellakhan from Orlaith
Operations: Based in the Baunairi province of Rellakh, OTC has a monopoly on all space travel to and from the Martian nation. Centu-Eo was selected by the previous CEO due to her role in preventing the company from completely collapsing as Baunairi space trade decreases. She is eager to return Baunair to it's vast space empire and has written several Janisist works discussing the cosmos and proselytism.

These 12 trailblazers represent a potential new era for the Baunszalcoteque Federation. As their troubled country burns in scandal and division, these leaders, tempered by faith and egalitarianism, seem able to forge a new path for their people. Time will tell if they rise to the occasion, but if they do, they promise to shift an entire planet.

- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

Postby beadsman » 14 Aug 2018, 19:11

Fun fact for flavor: the largest news and media network in Cyon is known as "Cyonet". They have both local and international assets, most notably their sister company "Paranet" in Paraguay. They are not the only media company in Cyon, but they are certainly the largest and best-known. They produce television series, films, publications, and pretty much anything else they feel like distributing. They are very powerful, but anti-monopoly laws recently enacted by the Cyonian Senate serve to keep them in check.

beadsman

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country