General Domestic Issues

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: Zander, chrisman39, mat.gopack

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby kingpie3 » 31 Jul 2018, 16:41

beadsman wrote:The Cyon Imperium urges the Cooperative to reconsider their declaration. We have intended no harm or insult towards the Cooperative at any point in the past, and intend no harm or insult now. Cyon had never sought land or control, least of all in Asia. We have sold up for the oppressed. We have stood up for the underdog.

Should the Cooperative persist in this attack, we will NOT hold back in the least. Many of your people will die. I don't wish that upon you. Please, reconsider.

Baunair would like to reiterate this sentiment. Though we are located on Mars we are obligated to aid our great ally Asteria and will use all available weapons to defend them from the Cooperative. The PPL has no designs in your nation and holds dear the principle that as a capitalist state, you are a natural ally in the fight against the much more dangerous communist block. Why expend resources killing each other when our combined efforts could be diverted to spread free enterprise and democracy to peoples who desire it?

We call for a peace conference in neutral territory to hash out any concerns your two nations have, rather than spilling blood in Asia over wounded pride and historic wrongdoing. It is the right thing to do, before mutual enemies take advantage of the chaos to advance their own interests.
The Techabaun Federation in CYOC

Unless both sides win, no agreement can be permanent.
- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby beadsman » 31 Jul 2018, 16:42

mat.gopack wrote:OOC - that's what I thought, got it. :)

IC - the Union of Mattibean Communes is concerned by this sudden eruption of violence. We urge all sides involved to restrain the use of destructive weaponry upon civilian centers, and warn that unprovoked massacres will force us to act.

Don't worry, I won't use WMDs against civilians, and will do my best to minimize collateral damage. Pinky promise. I hate it too.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1605)

Postby beadsman » 31 Jul 2018, 16:44

We offer to host the negotiations to ensure that both sides are satisfied. We can even sign some sort of treaty right now. Our have them in a neutral territory. Either way, as long as we talk this through.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley

beadsman

Postby beadsman » 31 Jul 2018, 16:58

Also, should things escalate, who should be the judge? I'm thinking Subs or Matt. Mobius has too much of a... history with the Cooperative.

beadsman

Postby Subotai45 » 31 Jul 2018, 18:54

Musashi and I have volunteered. You two have some good time to lay out plans and write orders before we go balls-in on this judging. Assuming that team is acceptable to the PPL, Cons has already approved it.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby beadsman » 31 Jul 2018, 18:58

Subotai45 wrote:Musashi and I have volunteered. You two have some good time to lay out plans and write orders before we go balls-in on this judging. Assuming that team is acceptable to the PPL, Cons has already approved it.

Fine by me.

beadsman

Postby Subotai45 » 31 Jul 2018, 19:06

Alternatively, y'all can send everything in stupid fast and I can throw a round together for you to chew on before I go to Ukraine.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby musashisamurai » 01 Aug 2018, 02:10

Just repeating everything Subs said.

I also recommend potentially talking to Const and setting up boundaries/guidelines/agreements on the war (and Const doing the same). Tho not necessary true limited wars are faster and often more enjoyable than total war
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Postby beadsman » 01 Aug 2018, 02:14

musashisamurai wrote:Just repeating everything Subs said.

I also recommend potentially talking to Const and setting up boundaries/guidelines/agreements on the war (and Const doing the same). Tho not necessary true limited wars are faster and often more enjoyable than total war

Cons is more than welcome to approach me/any of us. Otherwise, I'm gonna blow him up. :twisted:

After all, he started it! :P

beadsman

Postby musashisamurai » 01 Aug 2018, 02:18

I also recommend joining the discord here at https://discord.gg/ACKzdF

You can then talk to others-whether it's us the judges, Cons your opponent, or your allies-faster than Forum PMs. It is harder to index things (there is a search feature though) but it can be easier to communicate and coordinate each other. There are phone apps as well, making it easier to type on mobile devices too.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country