General Domestic Issues

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby Subotai45 » 06 Jun 2018, 23:19

Death means very little for the Faithful on Venus. All are certain that the afterlife exists, for how could one disbelieve, when your ancestors speak to you, telling you about their time there? No, the Venusian afterlife, among all others, is completely and utterly real, albeit virtual. Heaven may not be far above like the ancients thought, and may be on vast computer servers beneath the planet's surface, but that does not disrupt the sacred and beloved nature of the afterlife.

While it is well-known and completely true that all souls go to the afterlife, there is one soul that everyone knows to be missing: The Matyred Prince, Dmitri, Son of Peter. His soul, stored in the microchips in his brain (like all Venusians) was destoryed in a horrible Pacifican ritual, as they burned his body after his attempt to gain the Pacifican throne, which rightfully belongs to Venus. That is the story that most believe: the Pacificans destroyed the brave young Dmitri's soul, snuffing out his afterlife just as their rigged contests ended his mortal life, and this is the version corroborated by the doctrine of the Church.

But there are those who hold another view. The soul of Dmitri was not destroyed, but was rather snatched by Ge'Em before it could be burned with his mortal body. Bringing it back to Venus, he and his brother Spode fashioned another body for it: a body of adamantium and diamond-hard flesh, computers intertwined with veins, terrible and awesome magics combined with impossible technologies. A body worthy of an Emperor not just of one, but all the worlds. Their work complete, they buried Dmitri under the radiation-blasted Nomad Island, the radiation fusing the magic and technology, man and machine, into one, perfect, unified whole. Dmitri, son of man, creation of the Gods, lies in wait for when his people need him.

Or so they say. But that is just a story, told by fringe religious groups of the north to their children, so that they might believe in miracles.
Universal People's Federation
PM me if you're interested in Create Your Own Country!
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Constantine072 » 06 Jun 2018, 23:40

Domuia announces the completion of Grand Army Remodeling. Bringing the Cooperative Weapons into the modern era and more. With new Mecha, Commanders and Droids several times better, stronger and faster than older units and tech. Replacing aged technology the new force reinvents the Cooperative fighting forced just as the organization reinvents itself
SWG - RIP - Benjam Frail Radiant
(former fan) of GPG till Dungeon Siege 3 and Supreme Commander 2
ARM and UEF forever
Also known as Dragun101, and Schlitzaf on other forums
Constantine072

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Subotai45 » 07 Jun 2018, 01:35

mat.gopack wrote:A fringe radical party within the Union has begun berating the national government for its lack of revolutionary zeal in spreading the Revolution throughout the galaxy.

The Red Vanguard, as they style themselves, are a very small group currently - but they are energetic, and clear in their message - the capitalist, monarchist regimes of the galaxy must be overthrown, to free the people of the world.

By whatever means necessary.

"Did someone say 'zeal'?" shout the True Believers. They recognize the Venusian Church as the One True Faith, and have a single-minded goal to advance their religion throughout the known galaxy. They're known to refrain from food, sleep, and drink in order to better pursue this aim, and will not stop until all worship the Old and New Gods. "Someone thinks they're more zealous and energetic than us! Yet they worship the False Red God of Communism, the Heathen Idol of Revolution, and not the most sacred and holy Ge'Em and Spode. Let us cleanse them with the atomic fire of the New Gods to save their immortal souls from eternal damnation."
Subotai45

Postby mat.gopack » 07 Jun 2018, 14:26

mat.gopack wrote:A fringe radical party within the Union has begun berating the national government for its lack of revolutionary zeal in spreading the Revolution throughout the galaxy.

The Red Vanguard, as they style themselves, are a very small group currently - but they are energetic, and clear in their message - the capitalist, monarchist regimes of the galaxy must be overthrown, to free the people of the world.

By whatever means necessary.

Many of the members of the Red Vanguard have ... disappeared, gone underground - within the past 2 weeks.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Postby jonisilk » 07 Jun 2018, 15:01

The people of the Corporation are bracing themselves for some bad news. Doctors have revealed that health of President Uriel ap Idris, has been failing in recent months.

This was not widely known before today, though it would explain the cancellation of recent speaking engagements. In the last decade or so, rumours have started to circulate that the President, already the longest-serving in our history, might be contemplating retirement in his more advanced years.

When publicly questioned on the matter in a televised interview, he famously replied “What would be the point of that? I can retire when I’m dead. Then I’ll have all the time in the world. Until then, I can still make a difference, right here”.

However, given his recent decline in health (at age 193), many in the governing body have already started to assess future presidential candidates ahead of a worst case scenario.

Managing Director Iolo Hallorran, has begun to step-in for the President at public engagements and is believed to be among the leading candidates for the position, should the worst happen.

Director Halloran however, has shown no inclination toward the succession and is believed to have put his support behind a different candidate on the governing body's short-list
Last edited by jonisilk on 07 Jun 2018, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
The enemies of my enemies are not necessarily my friend, but they may still be useful.

Member of the Classicists.
jonisilk

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1312)
All-game rating: (1427)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Constantine072 » 07 Jun 2018, 15:05

Don’t read till the treaty is posted by Musashi
Seriously Don’t read till treaty, please?

Musashi if your reading this know this, among many other things I am sorry. Now just I am sorry, but I don’t deserve the implicit forgiveness you and the rest of the community is offering me. There are decisions I made, actions I made, that I regret. And all of those collectively I apologize. I am rash and childish, even at the best of times, but I can find ways to hide or avoid it. I tend provoke arguments simply because arguments, even that not my intention, I speak my mind for good or normally mostly ill. I have arcane sets of principles that at times don’t gel with the community.

And those backward principles have been a cause of a more then few shares of arguements and abuse within the community at my own fault. And once again for that I apologize. And I am sorry for being abrasive, no one deserves that abuse, but I like to iterate an earlier statement to speak my mind instead of letting it fester forever onwards. I don’t deserve this treaty I really don’t. You are giving me something I neither truly deserve or need all to soothe my pained soul. And for that I am thankful and sorry you have come to this.

And finally I tend to act in ways that expect the worst out of the community given my past treatments. But this not the same community, Dip is gone, Term and Willie are gone and more. Folks I played with many of them went dodo. I tantrum st times maybe because of that, but I dislike the characterizing of tantrum. Last night I did not tantrum I expected and appreciated the results I had on principle issues with revive gun from a mechanical standpoint. I think it’s inane, and breaks covert and HFPE game because operations aren’t hard. And the available reprocussions are minor and insignificant, I was not protesting the results. I was fine and surprised the Gotengo surprised. But I poorly presented my myself. And I need to better at avoiding the screaming and for that I apologize.

Finally the reason I wanted to take a break from Liberation is not the revive gun itself, is you just destroyed the single largest and most well built, alongside the most background intensive and lore detailed cell of liberation more than Kuiato itself. It was kinda disheartening, now I made a mistake and jumped to conclusions. When I shouldn’t have and for that I apologize. At the end of the day this is a game and my fun isn’t your fun. And vice versa, it behooves me to remember that and it goes both ways. I am not only one login with baggage and belief of what is fun and fair, too often I forget that and for that I apologize. And to end this all, thank you for meeting me half way and putting up with my abrasiveness Musashi. I appreciate and thankful forevermore, Musashi.

Thank you and please if you will accept my most humble apologies for all the abrasiveness, mistreatment and more I have slung your way. I am hoping with this treaty we can start a new era. And once again Musashi thank you.

Once again thank you
SWG - RIP - Benjam Frail Radiant
(former fan) of GPG till Dungeon Siege 3 and Supreme Commander 2
ARM and UEF forever
Also known as Dragun101, and Schlitzaf on other forums
Constantine072

Postby musashisamurai » 08 Jun 2018, 00:42

Treaty of Sulawesi

1) Pacifica will cede Sulawesi to Domuia within the next 5 years upon completion of the terms below. The citizens of Sulawesi will depart, if they so choose, and settle elsewhere within Pacifica.
1b) Pacifica will recognize the now-Domuian territorial waters of Sulawesi (20 miles from coast). Should there be a conflict over the exclusive economic zones of the Indonesian islands and how it may have changed, an international board will decide with input from Pacifica and Domuia.
1c) Pacifica will not oppose Domuian expansion within the Yucatan region.

2) Sybus Corporation will be dissolved and none of its constituent countries will lay claim to the name or attempt to rebrand the company.
2b) Domuia will forfeit all claims to the former DAC land in Mexico except for what was negotiated separately with Pacifica. The country of Aresia will be declared independent of Sybus (as there will be no Sybus leftover). Kuaito will remain with Domuia, as will NeoNam as Domuian protectorates or client-states.
2c) Sybus stockholders will be universally compensated financially or with other stock options in Subus Corp or within a hypothetical Domuia Corp should the people of Domuia choose to stay incorporated. (Universally: all stockholders compensated the same, at least initially). Subus Corp will become independent as a subsidiary of the VCEA, but will continue to pay royalties to former Sybus stockholders, as a percentage based on how much stock was owned at time of dissolution.
2d) Domuia will forfeit all any public, pre-Union Sybus technology (excepting Cybermen), to be added to the public tech pool. HFPE techs such as Carthage or Juggernaut will be dismantled and not rebuilt. Domuia may continue using Sybus techs researched by Constantine as announced by him excepting

3) Carthage. Carthage nodes not under Cairo control will be dismantled with international observers confirming this. The technology will be shared with Mobius and another nation of Sybus's choosing, neither of whom shall build Carthage, so that there is no speculation later on whether a weapon is/was created through Carthage tech. Neither country will share the technology again without permission from the other side, and neither side will build or operate future nodes. Cairo-controlled Carthage nodes will not be dismantled, but will be phased out at the end of their lifespan without replacements.
3b) Domuia can maintain 2 Carthage nodes at public locations within their capitals, locations published and announced to Pacifica and Cairo.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

A Meeting in Paris

Postby kingpie3 » 08 Jun 2018, 23:05

"I have never been on Earth before. It is quite beautiful, a shame not many of you people visit." The icy voice is strong and exacting, penetrating the well-light room which had seconds prior been silent.

"I'd thought you'd visited before," a sleeker voice retorted, equally confident and with a Martisian inflection. "To Russia or even Antarctica. I would've invited you somewhere more to your liking Your Highness."

"Please, you speak as though you are well traveled, Kraash" the voice retorted. "This is only your second time on Earth, and once again you find yourself in Paris." The figure peers over the vista to the city below, the Eiffel Tower in clear view with its historic glory. He had eyed it intently during the walk through the halls until Kraash randomly remarked how it was the second most beautiful thing in Paris. The Spire of Lights, the largest building in the solar system, sat parallel to the Tower on the opposite side of the city. It was still visible as its singular peak struck through the clouds. But one could not fully admire its ancient and engraved artistry from afar.

"It looks like you did your research. Your intelligence networks serve you well." Kraash replied, slowly nodding his head with a smirk. He exhaled deeply as he his hands played with wooden necklaces that extended to his lower stomach. "Still, the will of Janisis has given me a lot of contacts across this planet, a different destination was an option. And with the recent win in Martis let's say Jawad is more than willing to fund my little trips."

"Even when you are meeting with me?"

"He's busy running his victory laps around the capital. A week of celebration that will drown Oorvale in wine, drugs, and bodily fluid. It would have been rude of me to announce I was meeting the King of Szalchtho." Kraash remembered the night after the referendum when Premier Jawad drunkenly stumbled off an airship and announced the need for a party the likes of which Baunair had never seen.

The smell of wine and smoke emanated off his body and was detectable from several feet away despite having been outside. The thought led Kraash to breath sharply as he clutched his necklaces tighter and adjusted his cloak, attempting to remove the repulsion from his face.

"Well surely you didn't call for me to simply avoid their debauchery" the King mused, smiling in a robotic, hardened matter. "When one of my informants told me the head of the Cult of Janisis asked for an audience I was intrigued."

Kraash smiled cheekily as he shifted into the nearby lunch table, which was devoid of food but a more than adequate place to rest after his trip. His aquiline nose wrinkled slightly as his teeth were on proud display. "King Orinza, I hear you are a godless man."

"Back on Szalchtho we worship a god of ice and snow with a head of cosmic fire. He lives his days above the surface in unending agony, beckoning the universes to a slow, burning death. His story is a reminder of the harsh reality of suffering on our moon. That moon is dead. And with it our faith."

"I read Szalchian texts obsessively. I find it endlessly fascinating. You were the only religion in recent memory to believe in a dying god. A portal into your people's soul. It's beautiful, truly." He meant it. Kraash had been studying theology for 2 cycles. His first life had been cut short but devoted to studying most of the Martian faiths when he went to university. His current one had been less bloody and afforded him more time to explore foreign faiths like that of the Szalchians and Baunairi. He found genuine beauty in the willingness to worship a vulnerable god.

"You must be the first Janisist to ever show me respect for my former God," the King spoke. "I have heard stories of a faith confined to the annals of Mars for its violence and blood lust. Your leadership of the Cult ushered in a new era. Your people are now a province of the Baunairi. Quite a jump from the backwater you once were. I respect that. I too had to forge a new path for my people when we revealed ourselves to the worlds. But I am not a fool. There is power to be gained in new beginnings, even those which initially bring great pains."

"Our first act as a cult was attempt to murder everyone who disagreed with us. When I was a boy in the Serpens village of Roabonne, the bodies of captured Bauno Christians were strewn across temples. I love my god, and I'm disgusted by their lifestyle, but Janisis requires better of his sons. Peaceful expansion, not holy extermination."

"If that was the case, why sidestep the Premier and meet with his rivals?"

"Because you understand the necessity of new beginnings. Of an unbreakable faith. Of peace."

"And of stealth."

"That too. Your Highness, let's discuss a peaceful revolution."
Last edited by kingpie3 on 10 Jun 2018, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
The Techabaun Federation in CYOC

Unless both sides win, no agreement can be permanent.
- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

Postby Subotai45 » 09 Jun 2018, 05:49

The results of the Paraguay referendum on joining Cyon are in, with a resounding "no" to unification with Cyon. Of those surveyed, 63% preferred independence to becoming part of the Imperium. While the Imperium promised economic prosperity and protection, the power Paraguay has needed most protection from is Cyon, as seen in the most recent invasion. Promises of wealth and self-rule were not enough to overcome the natural desire for independence and the ill will from Cyonic invasions.

Note: cojudged with Kingpie. Thanks for the second eyes!
Subotai45

Postby beadsman » 09 Jun 2018, 06:14

While disheartened at the Paraguayan people's decision, the Imperium had elected to honor their wishes. However, in contrast with our actions during the Great South American War, the Imperium has notified Paraguayan officials that they can expect no Cyonian intervention should Paraguay ever again be threatened.

If they want to be left alone, we will leave them alone.

If they ever should again desire Cyonian intervention on their behalf, the terms are to become either a protectorate or Imperial Province. No exceptions.

Otherwise, we will not intervene in any way, unless they should find themselves at odds with either the Imperium itself or the Empire of Brazil, whom we are sworn to protect. Should that occur, we will, of course, protect ourselves and our allies.

Trade will, of course, still be open, and we will maintain cordial relations with the government.

OOC: You're on your own, suckers. :twisted:
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1599
All-game rating: 1603

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country