General Domestic Issues

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby musashisamurai » 25 May 2018, 20:19

Treaty of Sulawesi

1) Pacifica will cede Sulawesi to Domuia within the next 5 years upon completion of the terms below. The citizens of Sulawesi will depart, if they so choose, and settle elsewhere within Pacifica.
1b) Pacifica will recognize the now-Domuian territorial waters of Sulawesi (20 miles from coast). Should there be a conflict over the exclusive economic zones of the Indonesian islands and how it may have changed, an international board will decide with input from Pacifica and Domuia.

2) Sybus Corporation will be dissolved and none of its constituent countries will lay claim to the name or attempt to rebrand the company.
2b) Domuia will forfeit all claims to the former DAC land in Mexico. The country of Aresia will be declared independent of Sybus (as there will be no Sybus leftover). Kuaito will remain with Domuia, as will NeoNam as Domuian protectorates or client-states.
2c) Sybus stockholders will be universally compensated financially or with other stock options in Subus Corp or within a hypothetical Domuia Corp should the people of Domuia choose to stay incorporated. (Universally: all stockholders compensated the same, at least initially). Subus Corp will become independent as a subsidiary of the VCEA, but will continue to pay royalties to former Sybus stockholders, as a percentage based on how much stock was owned at time of dissolution.
2d) Domuia will forfeit all any public, pre-Union Sybus technology (excepting Cybermen), to be added to the public tech pool. HFPE techs such as Carthage or Juggernaut will be dismantled and not rebuilt. Domuia may continue using Sybus techs researched by Constantine as announced by him excepting

3) Carthage. Carthage nodes not under Cairo control will be dismantled with international observers confirming this. The technology will be shared with Mobius and another nation of Sybus's choosing, neither of whom shall build Carthage, so that there is no speculation later on whether a weapon is/was created through Carthage tech. Neither country will share the technology again without permission from the other side, and neither side will build or operate future nodes. Cairo-controlled Carthage nodes will not be dismantled, but will be phased out at the end of their lifespan without replacements.
3b) Earlier treaties impacting Carthage will now change to affect other superweapons in the Domuian stockpile, of similar calibre or function to Carthage. These superweapons do not include the units commonly referred to Commanders. (And yes I'm talking about your SALT warheads, how you got around Carthage limitations. I kinda want this because I don't want people blowing up the planet, so I don't anyone going Duc on us. After all, we all share it and play on it)

4) Constantine will stop harassing Musashisamurai and both parties will make efforts in the future to resolve personal conflicts peacefully. Constantine will in addition stop making remarks regarding the character of Musashisamurai, his integrity or honesty, and will accept the current land claims and borders of Southeast Asia. Neither side will continue to call into question the integrity or honesty of the parties' with respect to earlier agreements. With the sale of Sulawesi to Constantine, Constantine will in addition quit bringing this up and accept that the land has been Pacifican land with respect to the game rules up to this sale.
4b) Both parties will apologize to other for their actions in and out of the game. I even apologize again right now.

OOC:
There, Constantine, thats what I want. I admit I haven't you treated the best this year, and apologize for it, but I am sick and tired of you harassing me whenever you have a bad day and get a little angry. I know everyone else is too. And honestly, we just bring out the worst in each other when we argue and bicker-over things literally over a half decade ago! And no matter how peacefully we try to remain, sooner or later, you'll insult me as dishonest, I'll drop an f-bomb, you'll talk about quiting, and we'll blame each other for all of our problems.

And also, when you yesterday talked about your word as a man, it struck with a nerve with me. What any young person wants is really to be treated as an adult, with respect. And you're right, I don't most people in this game-myself included-have you with the same respect the entire. But I want you to ask yourself if you think you've acted like a man this game...because I promise you, I will treat with respect and courtesy the day you do. When you stop starting arguments over tiny things from years ago and throwing tantrums threatening to quit if the game doesn't go your way or telling us you won't respect or follow the rules we agree upon, I will respect you.

I know that I've changed a lot since 2012 when all these events happened. We were both what, 15? I apologize for things I did back then, when I was younger and more immature and more concerned with 'winning' than others. But you know, in the meantime, we finished high school and college, and entered the workforce. Let's not focus on events that happened then. I have a feeling you've probably changed a lot too. But so long as we stay shackled to our past and our past actions, we really can't change ourselves to be better, more productive. So let's try and focus on things that happen now, in the present, rather than the things our younger, more foolish and immature selves did.

Again, we both have a lot to be angry about in CYOC and our lives, about choices we made and the times we were wronged. But I don't want to think about the past. Let's think about the future.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

P.C.G. (Phoenix Corporate Group). Mars/Terra

Postby jonisilk » 25 May 2018, 23:03

Official press release:

The PCG’s economy was built on the asteroid-mining industry. To some we have become known, in good-humour, as “Asteroid-Jumpers”. Over the last several centuries we have slowly and steadily increased the size and scope of our operations as we expanded into different industries like construction, while also diversifying into other fields of interest, such as medicine, media, tourism and agriculture.

However, at the heart of our business (even our daily lives) lies a central philosophy that serves as our guiding light in all affairs - “to do no harm”. Just as responsible sourcing of sustainable stocks was central to our agricultural business model, so too is the responsible extraction of resources from Sol a consideration that the Corporation must take into consideration. The resources of Sol have allowed our species to proliferate throughout the cosmos, but one system can only sustain so many people, for so long, and we must give consideration to the many generations that will come after us.

With this in mind, the Corporation is looking to launch a series of exploratory missions to neighbouring systems, to catalogue and identify suitable systems for commercial mining/resource extraction (also with an eye to achieving our secondary objective of finding an Earth-like twin for future colonisation, without the need to spend big on terraforming).

The financial benefits of establishing extra-solar colonies are so obvious as to barely warrant a mention, but we intend to target several systems for a number of reasons, not least of which is that once operations are up and running in these new systems, the Corporation intends to phase out all of our domestic (Sol-based) commercial mining operations, within the next 150-200 years.

All business infrastructure, including refining/trading stations, will remain, but all minerals and material resources extracted by the Corporation will eventually be sourced from entirely outside of Sol, so those peoples and societies who might come after us, still have somewhere left to start from when they too leave the cradle of their home planets.

Many might consider this to be the end of an era for the Corporation and in some respects, that would be true, but as much as it is an end, it is also a new beginning. Many older nations have already established for themselves extra-solar colonies in a number of systems, and for the long-term future of the Corporation, we must seek to do the same.

If we are to stand alongside other long-established powers, then we must be comparable to them, in the magnitude of our ambitions, the size and scope of our operations, and the depth of our resources.

Due to the considerable financial costs of such a long-term program, the Corporation has secured the services of the Asterian Republic, as a business partner for this most recent venture.

The partnership agreement will cover a set number of exploratory missions to assess viability for extra-solar operations, and - should any viable targets be identified - the rights to mine &/or establish colonies will divided equally between the two parties. Neither party is tied exclusively to this agreement and remains free to engage in similar individual or partnered ventures, outside of this contract.

More details to follow
Last edited by jonisilk on 27 May 2018, 09:32, edited 2 times in total.
The enemies of my enemies are not necessarily my friend, but they may still be useful.

Member of the Classicists.
jonisilk

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1312)
All-game rating: (1427)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Subotai45 » 26 May 2018, 03:41

Subotai45 wrote:Pirate-Queen Anna, in the days before the Venusian Assembly of Nobles, has been examined closely to see what policies she will advance as Empress. Her coronation will be an abrupt break from Peter's reign. She emphasizes closer ties with Pacifica and other Terran nations over historical Venusian allies like Baunair, and aims to drastically reduce the size and potency of Venus's militia force and SSC, commonly regarded as two pillars of popular influence on the government. Most powerful nobles back here, due to her favoritism of their causes, and she promises to reduce the service requirements and tax liabilities of the noble and upper classes. She also preaches a much stronger doctrine in favor of the equality of humans, often even giving them special positions in the administration over Venusians.

General Sir George von Mendoz, the militia commander for the Western Military District, as well as General Eric Nalenge, commander of Section 7, are close friends from the Venusian Military Academy, the orbital school for youths which has trained some of the foremost military minds in the solar system in beyond, both Venusian and foreign. After they graduated the Academy, they went on their separate paths. Von Mendoz, who came from noble lineage, focused on running the family estate while continuing his military service part-time. Nalenge chose to commission with the SSC, the most elite branch of the Venusian national security apparatus after the decline of the Army and its eventual dismantlement. He became chief of Section 00, the most secretive SSC branch.

The two were known to frequent a certain bar in southwestern Astarte, a primarily industrial area, although far smaller than comparable neighborhoods in Buenos Aries, the main industrial center of Venus. In any other nation, they would feel the need to bring bodyguards to this casual meeting of two of the most powerful men on the planet, but in the Empire, with the Lawful Good protocol humming along, crime is nothing but a legend - rumors from a distant path, or wild tales brought back by travelers from foreign lands (as a note, Venusians are extremely likely to get robbed abroad, because centuries of no crime makes them an extremely trusting people).

The topic of discussion - the Crown Princess Anna, who is due to be crowned in just two days, at the Assembly of Nobles. Her plans to reduce the power of their services in favor of forces more personally loyal to her concern them. Despite the monarchical stance of Venus, both believe that there ought to be a way for the people to remove an oppressive monarch, and their two services are the only capable entities. Plans to neuter them bode ill for Venus, and Anna's plans to work with Pacifica and other Terran countries trouble them as well. All evidence seems to indicate that Anna is Earth's creature, the humans' empress - not the Empress of Venusians.

"If only Prince Dmitri were still alive," von Mendoz remarks, drinking his tea. "He was a good man, a brave man. Stood up for us, even though it had him die so young. If he had but won, how different would the world be today?"

Both consider this thought. If Dmitri had won, the two crowns would be closer than ever before - but on Venusian terms. The Empire would enjoy unprecedented influence in terran affairs, and would be able to make its will heard in even the most remote and defended places.

"Perhaps he isn't dead after all," Nalenge says, with a curious tone in his voice

"I don't understand what you mean, we all know he died,"questions von Mendoz. "Unless, you know something I don't?"

"Stacy has her ways, my friend. Dmitri, once dead, could be with us once more."
Universal People's Federation
PM me if you're interested in Create Your Own Country!
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby beadsman » 28 May 2018, 20:15

The Imperator has issued a new executive order:
From this point onward, effective immediately, those who are shown to have communistic tendencies will no longer be permitted to hold public office. Those who are currently in positions of authority and responsibility will be removed from their positions. Any current pro-communist groups, parties, and organizations will immediately be dissolved, by force if necessary.

The Imperial Legions have begun executing the above order.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Standard rating: 1599
All-game rating: 1603

ATD project update on the Founding Tree

Postby jonisilk » 29 May 2018, 10:35

The Founding Tree, now in full maturity, has had an incredible impact on the local environment, spawning an ever growing jungle, filled with new and exotic plant and animal life, has been a environmentally protected area of scientific interest for nearly a century now.

In that time, the jungle has spread throughout Tigris Planus and has been threatening to swallow up major cities, among them our second city, Berrynopolis, but there have also been two very curious developments that have scientists baffled.

The first of these is the unexpected apparent resistance to nuclear radiation shown by the jungle, as it encroaches upon the mountain ranges of Firne. The Nomads that have been settled in these mountains for several centuries now, welcome this resistant strain of plant and insect life, and hold it’s aggressive resistance to radiation in high regard.

This radiation-resistant flora and fauna is now the subject of a number of scientific studies and early clinical trail, to fully ascertain it’s true properties and potential.

The second development is less positive, with news that among the new life being discovered is a new Apex predator in the jungle. It’s origins are still unknown, but this new creature has been spotted with increasing regularity as it appears to have thrived sitting atop the food chain, and over a number of generations, appears to have grown in size and ferocity as a result, with wild boar being among it’s most common prey.

The creature bears a striking similarity to a common Baunari house-pet, with current theories suggesting that a pregnant female, or a breeding pair, were released into the wild at some point, around 30-40 years ago. The lack of a natural predator, and the high likelihood of it being GM’d in some form (fairly standard for Baunari animals), appear to have given it a massive edge over the competition.

Exact population numbers are unknown, but are believed to be somewhere north of 10,000. These creatures are aggressively territorial and pose a considerable threat to human life (we already have 8 recorded incidents of death by mauling) and people are advised to stay away and report any encroachment upon human habitat, by these increasingly brazen animals.

Stay inside, do not engage them, call for help. Tranquilliser marksmen will be dispatched to incapacitate the creature so it can be used to identify and study this strange and dangerous new addition to our eco-system. (Again, strangely, the Nomads appear as untroubled by this creature as they are with the encroachment of the jungle into their mountain ranges, and have started hunting them for sport)

All findings related to the Founding Tree and it's life cycle/environmental changes, are shared with Aresia
The enemies of my enemies are not necessarily my friend, but they may still be useful.

jonisilk

Frasta Entertainment Group.

Postby jonisilk » 31 May 2018, 13:47

PRESS RELEASE:

The PCG is proud to announce that KASM (Kronos-Asteria Space Manafactories), is now a fully owned subsidiary of the PCG. Along with Corona, Marina and Hwyel-Sharpe, KASM will become the Corporations fourth major construction outfit.

The news has been greeted with a positive reaction from many, who see this as further evidence of the positive progress the Corporation is making under the visionary guidance of President Uriel ap Idris (although this deal was agreed in principle under his predecessors tenure).

KASM has long been a name held in high regard within the PCG, supplying us with the entirety of our commercial mining fleet since the earliest days of the Corporation.

Originally part of the URMA owned construction triumvirate which also included Banshee Enterprises Ltd & Nodens Shipbuilding, while the other two companies have now ceased to exist, KASM itself has been run under the aegis of the Corporation for the last few centuries.

Serving as stewards of the company, the PCG has helped establish mining fleets for a number of emerging nations in that time, with customised variations on our own Phoenix Mining Craft becoming the de-facto mining vessel of choice for these nations.

Continuing the companies long-standing tradition of allowing labour contributions to be deducted from the vessels sale price, we also provide that nations engineers who work on their construction, with an intimate working knowledge of the craft and the skills essential to it’s continued operational upkeep.

Further to this, the Corporation has piloted an expansion program that allows these young nations to re-invest an ongoing percentage of it’s fleets profits, into further fleet expansions over a 20-30 year window (dependent on the targeted size of said fleet), which allows for a reduced immediate income from these operations, but one that reaps far bigger rewards for the patience shown.

While the combined mining fleet of the PCG (Mars/Terra) has grown in size to around 4,000 vessels, with many others owned by other nations, the commissioning of new vessels outside of these planned fleet-expansions, is dependent on the emergence of new nations seeking to establish themselves among the stars.

As such, very few new vessels have been built in the last century, but the ongoing maintenance required to keep these vessels in optimal working conditions, has continued to provide a steady stream of ongoing work at the construction yards (it’s a legal requirement for every mining vessel to undergo such a check-up every 10 years at most).

It is believed that with the Corporation looking to expand it’s mining operations predominantly to systems outside of Sol, the company will come to play a major part in those plans.

In addition to the company name and construction yards, the Corporation has also secured the rights to the rest of KASM production catalogue and will begin an over hauling of it, ahead of a full catalogue re-launch, to be announced at a later date.

jonisilk

Postby narwhalwarlord » 04 Jun 2018, 03:54

Ministry of Law Investigator Found Riddled With Bullets

A Ministry of Law Investigator was today found dead, sparking public rage at the corruption in the Authority government. Investigator Tosham Liu of the Internal Affairs branch had been assigned to a case investigating the murders of several dozen clerks in the Ministry of Revenue. All of these clerks had been involved in the administration of the Santa Rosa planetary tithes. Their supervisor, the third cousin of a Santa Rosa duke holding almost a hundred thousand acres of farmland on the planet, was reportedly making far too much money for his job while also underperforming drastically on revenue projections. Investigator Liu, like the clerks, was found riddled with laser-burns and wedged into a trash compactor. Several mass protests have arisen in the major industrial worlds against this killing, with the masses raging against the blatant favoritism towards farming magnates and the ongoing financial crisis at the top levels of the ORA. The High Commissioner (the third cousin of a Santa Rosa baron) refused to comment on the matter, but warned that further "communist-inspired" disturbances would be met with the barrels of Marine guns.
COWARDS, I WILL NEVER "SELF-CRIT"

Venusian Colonial Despot/Post-Nazbol/Part-Time Warrior
narwhalwarlord

Standard rating: (947)
All-game rating: (948)

Postby beadsman » 06 Jun 2018, 09:42

FYI, the following is at the highest levels of HFPE we have:

Raul woke up in a white room. It had been a very unsettling and strange dream. What had happened? Was he alive? What was going on? He felt completely exhausted. Where were the other generals? He had to warn them immediately.

"Don't worry, everything will be all right." Raul was startled to hear a female voice speak to him. "Wh- who are you? Where am I?" He managed to sputter. "You are in a government-run facility which offers asylum to all who require it." Raul paused for a moment, letting it sink in. "...Which government?" he asked. "The Empire of Brazil, of course. You were captured for a time by hostile agents, but we were able to bring you back after a lengthy negotiation process." A few things struck Raul as extremely strange. For one, this was far too nice of a facility for anything he had yet seen in post-war Brazil. Also, the voice wasn't coming from anywhere. It seemed to be a computerized voice, albeit a cleverly disguised one.

The voice continued cheerfully: "You were in a coma for a very, very, long time. Many years, in fact. We'll have to catch you up on world events. For one, the war is over. Second, The Empire of Brazil is now being protected by the Cyon Imperium." Ah. So that explains it all. Cyon had ultimately stepped in and offered aid to rebuild his nation. "You will be allowed to return soon. The new Emperor of Brazil is anxious to meet you." "Fine." Raul grunted. "I'm hungry. Is there any food here?" "Of course!" replied the friendly voice. "Right this way."

Raul was surprised when a lighted pathway appeared, leading him to one of the walls. "Hologram." explained the voice, his captor. "Just walk right through, Senor Raul. A brand new adventure awaits you."

Of course, there was no way for the dictator to realize that, as he turned around and shifted his line of sight, the unseeable world behind him faded into black.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley

beadsman

Postby beadsman » 06 Jun 2018, 21:27

First Consul Astor announced today that, due to the Imperium's recent extensions into the extrasolar colony area, the Imperium has launched plans to create a new Starfleet to be added to the arm of the Star Armada. It will be tasked with defending and protecting Cyonian interests in Groombridge and all other potential and future star systems we may potentially control at any given point int the future.

The Colonial Fleet is now under construction using all available Cyonian facilities, and it is estimated to be completed in 18.5 years.

beadsman

Postby mat.gopack » 06 Jun 2018, 21:42

A fringe radical party within the Union has begun berating the national government for its lack of revolutionary zeal in spreading the Revolution throughout the galaxy.

The Red Vanguard, as they style themselves, are a very small group currently - but they are energetic, and clear in their message - the capitalist, monarchist regimes of the galaxy must be overthrown, to free the people of the world.

By whatever means necessary.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country