General Domestic Issues

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: Zander, chrisman39, mat.gopack

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby dcaibal » 05 Apr 2018, 06:39

Aresian Naval Command has petitioned the Crown for the establishment of a new colonial system, at Kepler 64.

The petition has received the stamp of expedited request from the Chief of Naval Staff, and is thus likely to not require much review by the Emperess and the Imperial Council.

Action should be taken within a short time, and the colonization timeline is 15 years.

HFPE
Kepler 64 is a quaternary star system, of two orbiting binary pairs; it has only one planet, orbiting one of the pairs, and the colony station will be established there.

The presence of 4 stars in the system shall make it easy for Kepler 64 to turn into the Empire's main Imperial Star Foundry, which should prove to be a vital asset. As such, it will be heavily guarded, by a force almost as large as the Home Fleet.
First Karma Contributor: Pez

Ottoman Emperor (Not Sultan)- HOTW
Immortal Advisor to the Royal Family of the Union of the Aresian Empire and the Great Patallian Princedom- CYOC
Marty McFly wrote:Wait Doc -you're telling you made a time machine... out of a DeLorean!?

CmndrMaggs wrote:Well f*ck.
x7
dcaibal

Location: I'm a frequent-time-traveler. So try and figure out the wibbly...
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (949)
All-game rating: (886)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Subotai45 » 29 Apr 2018, 23:34

OOC: Not related to Brazil, leaving a paper trail in case it becomes necessary in the event of war.

IC: The Thai Union of People's Communes and the Workers' Republic of Terra have signed an agreement deepening cooperation between their two nations. In addition to trade provisions, there are also cultural-exchange programs, and a battalion of West African troops sent to assist Thailand in its defense against possible aggressors.
Universal People's Federation
PM me if you're interested in Create Your Own Country!
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby musashisamurai » 30 Apr 2018, 04:45

Tragedy has befallen Pacifa!

His Imperial Majesty King George I died yesterday after several decades service to Pacifica. As the nation mourns, members of the Royal Family gathered in Honolulu for the ceremonial combat. In addition to several noble challengers, Crown Prince Arjun the Greater and Arjun the lesser, Crown Princess Lily, and Prince Dmitri of Venus, refereed by King Arjun I...in another tragedy, George's younger brother Arjun the Greater, Prince Dmitri were both killed in the combat. Crown Princess Lily was also mortally wounded and is in critical condition, but is expected to recover; Arjun the Lesser is in more severe condition. Now all we can do is let the gods decide who should be crowned, as the victor is still undetermined. Per Pacifican law, neither can resurrect into a new body until they are crowned-hence, it truly is a battle between who will survive the longest. Some in Pacifica are openly debating the succession rites, as decreed by the previous kings, and stating a better solution exists.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Subotai45 » 01 May 2018, 02:49

OOC: E S C A L A T I O N. Also I realized that I have used the flavor repository I made for exactly 0 judgings, so changing that.

IC:
Mattopolis News Network wrote:Asteria and the Khan Republic have deployed a force of 120,000 soldiers to North Thailand under the banner of the PPL, as well as supplying the North Thai with a significant quantity of arms, tanks, and aircraft. These forces will be stationed in North Thailand indefinitely, posing a significant threat to the Thai Union of Peoples' Communes and threatening to destabilize the balance of power in the region. The Asterian foreign minister claims that these forces are only deployed to prevent the TUPC from attempting to reunify the country, despite no aggressive action from the TUPC for decades.
Subotai45

Postby MinnesotanKaiser » 01 May 2018, 12:41

OOC: When did this occur? As of Brazilian time or the current time that we should all be at?

IC
The Worker's Republic of Terra denounces this overly aggressive move by the Asterian and Khan Republics. While the Worker's Republic of Terra has invested militarily into the security of the TUPC, it came in the form of only 600 personnel devoted to assisting the TUPC's military with matters such as training and tactical expertise. The move by Asteria and its ally to devote thousands of soldiers to the north is a move to destabilize a region that is finally recovering from the devastating wars of great powers. If Asteria is to avoid conflict and devastating war they must lower this blatantly destabilizing number of troops. Such a number as 120,000 is too much to maintain regional stability.
Leader of the Worker's Republic of Terran
Leader of the West African Imperium-in-Exile
Honorary Custodian of the Cyon Imperium

Played Gondor in The Two Towers PBF variant

Those born once will die twice and those born twice will die once.
-Chuck Missler
MinnesotanKaiser

Standard rating: (945)
All-game rating: (947)
Timezone: GMT

Postby mat.gopack » 01 May 2018, 13:02

Subotai45 wrote:OOC: E S C A L A T I O N. Also I realized that I have used the flavor repository I made for exactly 0 judgings, so changing that.

IC:
Mattopolis News Network wrote:Asteria and the Khan Republic have deployed a force of 120,000 soldiers to North Thailand under the banner of the PPL, as well as supplying the North Thai with a significant quantity of arms, tanks, and aircraft. These forces will be stationed in North Thailand indefinitely, posing a significant threat to the Thai Union of Peoples' Communes and threatening to destabilize the balance of power in the region. The Asterian foreign minister claims that these forces are only deployed to prevent the TUPC from attempting to reunify the country, despite no aggressive action from the TUPC for decades.

The UMC joins the Worker's Republic of Terra in denouncing this aggressive move - and reminds them that due to the mutual defense pact in the IWA, any act of war against the TUPC will be treated as an act of war against the UMC and met with appropriate force.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Postby Subotai45 » 01 May 2018, 13:23

This is current time.
Subotai45

Postby MinnesotanKaiser » 01 May 2018, 13:30

Wait. RedSun is allocating 120,000 men to help defend Northern Thailand while he's at war with the DUAS?
Leader of the Worker's Republic of Terran
Leader of the West African Imperium-in-Exile
Honorary Custodian of the Cyon Imperium

Played Gondor in The Two Towers PBF variant

Those born once will die twice and those born twice will die once.
-Chuck Missler
MinnesotanKaiser

Standard rating: (945)
All-game rating: (947)
Timezone: GMT

Postby musashisamurai » 01 May 2018, 13:32

Which Asteria is it OOC?
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Subotai45 » 01 May 2018, 21:02

My impression/interpretation is that the Asterian Civil War takes place within a timeslow bubble domestically, while internationally the pre- and post-war united Asteria is the actor.
Subotai45

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country