General Domestic Issues

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby mudkip » 14 Apr 2009, 06:31

“Elephinilla” – A bull in a China Shop?

Sydney (AP) – Today, high ranking MoP officials expressed a desire to completely “phase out” the use of “Elephinilla” class heavy (carpet) bombers. One high ranking official said, “The “Elephinilla” class heavy bomber, while highly useful, is out of date; further, we feel that while carpet bombing is useful and may have been acceptable during earlier time periods (WWII) it is not acceptable today, and therefore, we wish to eliminate its use within our Military.” When pressed for more information he continued, “During war, the elimination of enemy Industry is important; however, we feel that the risk to innocent civilian life posed by these “Elephinilla” class heavy bombers is too great and that civilian safety (even if they are not our own civilians) trumps strategic advantage.” Unfortunately, Hugh Jackman is still not available for questioning, but his mother proved quite insightful. “Basically” she said” we want to destroy one specific vase – not the whole china shop”
The MoP had no further comments. However, we have learned from an anonymous source that while no plans for “new” heavy bombers have been drafted, plans for a new helicopter are in the works. No additional information is available at this time.

Return of the King

The TCMEA would like to welcome its Emperor Hugh Jackman back from his travels in the desert. Normal government operations will commence shortly. Also, it is rumored that Jackman has called for a meeting of all available men and women in Melbourne in the near future. Only time will tell what he has up his sleeve.
mudkip

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby mudkip » 14 Apr 2009, 06:46

nickjb3 wrote:There is not much time before the riot! Please send all of your successful rioters so this riot is a roaring success.

Unfortunately, because our fledgling nation is so small we need even our most disruptive rioters at home working. Perhaps, in the future after our industrial base is more established and our population has grown we will be able to attend. However, the TCMEA wishes you the best of luck in your riot and will be sending cake. We hope it arrives on time.
mudkip

Postby Firestorm94 » 14 Apr 2009, 07:21

UAAF Formed
The final territories in the former USA have joined together to form the United Atlantic American Federation. The UAAF has a great interest in flight and airplanes and plans to restart the world's space program as well.
Last edited by Firestorm94 on 14 Apr 2009, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
Firestorm94

Standard rating: (1026)
All-game rating: (1025)

Postby Caffa » 14 Apr 2009, 08:08

nickjb3 wrote:
Caffa wrote:
nickjb3 wrote:There is not much time before the riot! Please send all of your successful rioters so this riot is a roaring success.

We've gathered up every last citizen with any record of protest against our royal house and we think we can get them there in time. We've equipped them with all manner of riot police protection equipment. They have gas masks, clubs, pitchforks, torches, and we've even dressed one contingent in full medieval battle gear, with maces, flails, and battleaxes.

Jolly good, do we have to send these people back unharmed or are we allowed to kill off a few?

They don't ALL have to come back... but good luck getting rid of the medieval armored contingent.
Caffa

Standard rating: (1413)
All-game rating: (1415)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Waterice man » 14 Apr 2009, 10:54

As part of project Saturn, thirty new Saturn Class submarines have been created
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

The word 'surrender' derives from old French
Waterice man

Timezone: GMT

Postby JoBoBS » 14 Apr 2009, 17:22

After a successful and satisfactory trade with the country of Clayvorne, Trideaux's capital city, Winnipeg, is being decorated with buildings by the same design of Clayvorne's. Most are pleased with this re-make of the city. Although there has been some protest, President Trouble is speaking to the people about it right now. A recent quote from him:

People, we must remember that this country has been built on the very idea of being influenced by others. It was to be a greater melting pot than that of the late U.S.A. We can not let our pride get in the way of new influences. We must embrace change constantly, and this is just one change that we should be willing to make. Nothing is ours, truly. This very land belonged to someone else before, and we live under the influence of those people as well. So our architecture on this capital is not ours either. This re-make of our capital city is just one step toward a great society where everyone is welcome, and everyone can feel at home when they are here. My good people, don't let pride get in the way of your ability to accept change. Let's renovate our city to express just how artistic we can be, and how we can appreciate all kinds of art from all over the world. Let's embrace the world, strive for peace, and in turn, the world will see our peacefulness, and want to embrace their neighbors as much as we do.
Jo
Bo
Black
Sheep

(The artist formerly known as Trouble)
JoBoBS

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1240)
All-game rating: (1244)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby nickjb3 » 14 Apr 2009, 23:30

Riot Started in Meradia!

A few hours ago a large contingent of people, some of international origin, have started a street riot in the capital city of the Confederation. As thousands of people take to the streets many ask "Why was this not foreseen by the Confederation Police?" In a recent statement the head of the Confederation Police (CP) has been qouted saying:
Holy f****** s***!
He will be fired at the end of the riot for this comment, but for the moment the government is hoping that the riot will be a useful exercise for the CP as they have gone soft after deporting the Greek Hillbillies.
nickjb3

All-game rating: 4936

Postby mudkip » 16 Apr 2009, 01:53

Finding Nemo

Sydney (AP) – Today, at a mass meeting of 20,000 people in Melbourne Emperor Hugh Jackman called all able-bodied persons to search for the lost city of Nemo. A transcript of his speech is attatched:

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I stand here before you not as an Emperor but as an adventurer. I stand here before you, asking that you join me, the lowly Hugh Jackman, on a quest, an epic quest. When I was wandering the desert after the completion of “the lifeline” I had a dream. In this dream an elderly native man came to me and said, “Hugh, search for the lost city; the riches which it contains will grant the TCMEA prosperity beyond measure”. Now, at the time I didn’t know what the TCMEA was or that I was emperor so I asked, “But, what is the TCMEA?”. “Oh Hugh, you silly boy” the man replied ,“the Trans-Continental Minor Empire of Australia; the country you’re the emperor of.” I was the emperor of the TCMEA? I had a chance to grant prosperity to all of my charges? I leapt at the opportunity. So, now I stand here before you, asking, pleading, that you will help me help you. Let us find the lost riches. Let us find prosperity beyond measure. Let us find Nemo.”

Predictably, many of the people agreed to help. Within days, 15,000 able-bodied men and women (30% of the TCMEA population) including half of the TCMEA infantry force in the region (750 men), one squadron of “roadrunner” class tanks (10 tanks) and all available “Sparrowmint” class fighters and “Cluckles” class helicopters will start a mass search for the lost city of Nemo. Government officials are peeved at Jackman’s decision to enlist the help the population and military in his search because industry, GDP, and defense capabilities are going fall due to the large amount of people roaming the outback in search of lost treasure. One high ranking military official was even quoted saying that he wished Jackman would stop “clowning around” and be a bit more “serious”. Jackman’s mother was not available for comment.
mudkip

Postby nickjb3 » 16 Apr 2009, 04:07

Riot in Meradia Ended

The riots in Meradia have ended with 1,523 people dead and $34 million worth of damage. The police got a good workout however, so it's all good.
nickjb3

All-game rating: 4936

Postby Waterice man » 23 Apr 2009, 23:17

A new type of Aircraft Carrier has been launched, of the Waterice Man Class, which has one of the best defence aspects of any Aircraft Carriers to date and it has a very large hangar, which can support many aeroplanes or helicopters.

Countries may buy Waterice Man Class Aircraft Carriers for a reasonable price from us. A new type of Destroyer is now under development
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

The word 'surrender' derives from old French
Waterice man

Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country