General Domestic Issues

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby dcaibal » 04 Aug 2014, 01:12

No Chris, that's just taking in the "impurity" concentration of the water.

Even I forgot the equation now...
First Karma Contributor: Pez

Ottoman Emperor (Not Sultan)- HOTW
Immortal Advisor to the Royal Family of the Union of the Aresian Empire and the Great Patallian Princedom- CYOC
Marty McFly wrote:Wait Doc -you're telling you made a time machine... out of a DeLorean!?

CmndrMaggs wrote:Well f*ck.
x7
dcaibal

Location: I'm a frequent-time-traveler. So try and figure out the wibbly...
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (949)
All-game rating: (886)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby musashisamurai » 04 Aug 2014, 01:24

I assumed it was a test run. Hence why they were caught off guard. Just like at Bikini Atoll, when the US detonated some nukes there for testing.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby chrisman39 » 04 Aug 2014, 01:40

I mean I understand that this is a long-term project with a lot of research, but you also have to just look at energy usage here- 80 zettajoules is more than 5 times the amount of energy from the sun that hits earth in a day.

You would need to detonate 1,194,029,850.75 (about 1.2 billion) Little Boy-style nuclear bombs to equal this energy output. Or, perhaps you'd like to increase your efficiency a bit. You could get the same output by detonating just 380,952.38 of the largest nuclear device ever detonated (the Tsar Bomba).

Heck, you'd need to use less than 7 of these solar weapons to equal the energy released by the impact that killed off the dinosaurs!

dcaibal wrote:No Chris, that's just taking in the "impurity" concentration of the water.

Even I forgot the equation now...

Yeah my answer may be off by as much as 100 fold due to that but whatevs.

musashisamurai wrote:I assumed it was a test run. Hence why they were caught off guard. Just like at Bikini Atoll, when the US detonated some nukes there for testing.

I would hope that with THIS amount of energy, Mobius would be more careful with testing.
chrisman39
Premium Member

Postby musashisamurai » 04 Aug 2014, 01:49

I think king was just exaggerating. Or he didn't know how much energy it would actually take to do that, and overshot it...by a bit or a lot.

That said, the main cannons on my space ships do more damage, in terms of power output, than the Tsar Bomba. I think the largest Hellbores, those on the Dreadnought, are like 3-5 times the Tsar Bomba. Then again, a Hellbore cannon uses a fusion reaction to create the plasma and is kinda exponential. (A 5mm pistol is better than a 5mm Hellbore, because the plasma dissipates quicker, penetrates less, though it burns a lot. But a 25cm Hellbore has the power output stronger than a nuke, around 7-8 megatons.)
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Postby chrisman39 » 04 Aug 2014, 02:49

musashisamurai wrote:I think king was just exaggerating. Or he didn't know how much energy it would actually take to do that, and overshot it...by a bit or a lot.

That said, the main cannons on my space ships do more damage, in terms of power output, than the Tsar Bomba. I think the largest Hellbores, those on the Dreadnought, are like 3-5 times the Tsar Bomba. Then again, a Hellbore cannon uses a fusion reaction to create the plasma and is kinda exponential. (A 5mm pistol is better than a 5mm Hellbore, because the plasma dissipates quicker, penetrates less, though it burns a lot. But a 25cm Hellbore has the power output stronger than a nuke, around 7-8 megatons.)

Well, doing more damage than the Tsar Bomba is not entirely unreasonable for our modern weapons. Now doing 400,000 times more damage might be a teensy bit unreasonable.
chrisman39
Premium Member

Postby musashisamurai » 04 Aug 2014, 04:50

We like our tanks to definitely be able to destroy other tanks. After all, tank armor has improved pretty tremendously.

The main cannon on a Direwolf tank does, now that I do the math, 7.5 megatons a blast in power, or .5 megatons/second (fires safely every 15 seconds). The ones on an OGRE do closer to 15 or even 20.
musashisamurai

Mobius Naval News

Postby musashisamurai » 06 Aug 2014, 03:00

A few posts ago I said that we were commissioning two new divisions of spec ops in the Marines. Her are their descriptions:

Marine Raiders: Elite Varied Assault Troops. Raiders will be trained more than other Marines, and kept in a training-deployment schedule, even for NCOs, on tours. This keeps them ready, even in peacetime. They are meant to be ready at a moments notice, whether to launch first strikes against an enemy or to assault a pirated vessel and recapture it. During war, they will do hit-and-run attacks on enemy bases and will be shock troops that we deploy at the front as a vanguard. They will be only the toughest Marines. Organization will be different-each battalion will be six rifle companies of two platoons of 3 rifle squads (4 fireteams of 3-man units plus a Sergeant in command) and 1 Heavy Weapons Squad (1 Mortar Team and 2 Heavy Machine Gun Teams plus Sergeant/NCO). There will be 4 battalions, or 2,8860 Raiders plus logistical aid (that is part Raider, as every man is a rifleman, and partly supported by other units)

Marine Recon: Light, stealthy, long-range recon. Marine Recon is smaller than the raiders but have a broader range of capabilities. They do raids and ambushes, as well as recon missions. Generally missions, are either green, where they have permission to engage any target, or black, where entering a firefight with any enemy immediately makes the mission a failure. Very stealthy. Nearly identical to US Marine Recon
musashisamurai

Postby musashisamurai » 06 Aug 2014, 03:21

Meanwhile, somewhere within Pacifica. HFPE

12 shadowy, hooded figures sit down at a table. Despite their...strangeness..none of them seem perturbed. While none have met all together in over a century, none of them are worried in the slightest. Their arrogance seems to rub off them.

The silence is soon broken:
"What is the meaning of this, Alexander? Why did you call us here?" One of them asks the hooded figure at the head of the table.

"Patience, Xerxes. You will know soon enough." The leader says while watching everyone closely. "Centuries ago, we were generals, working with Akira to control minds. We succeeded, and out of our wildest imaginations, were able to influence the entire country. We changed the government, implanted a king as our unknowing puppet, and enjoyed the fruits of our labor. We avoided contacting the central Mobius government except through our puppet, and never interfered in the Senate, against their psychics."

Silence falls again.

Suddenly, gunshots ring out and plasma fire burns through several of the figures as cloaked troops open fire on them. Defenseless, their clothes are destroyed, momentarily revealing their enhancements.

The leader looks at their corpses one last time, before taking off his hood. One of them gasps, still struggling to live: "You aren't our leader!"

"No, I am not. Your leader is in a secret containment cell, as we pump his mind for intel. Even now, our agents are purging this city of your supporters and puppets. By tomorrow, your conspiracy, though successful until now, will have been annihilated."

To be continued at a later time.
(With public news. Seeing as several people will die)
musashisamurai

Postby musashisamurai » 10 Aug 2014, 19:03

A crowd has gathered around the king's palace, demanding the king to investigate the murders and disappearances that have become increasingly common in Pacifica. Many believe that the government is behind them. Riots have become commonplace, and militia units have deserted their posts to join them. Some have called for the king to step down.

Days later-
A whistleblower has now provided evidence to major Pacifican newspapers that the government was directly involved in the murders and helped cover them up. Further damaging the government's reputation, even more are calling on the king to do something. He has been very quiet lately...

24 hours later-
When the king did not appear for a scheduled open speech from his palace, the mob went crazy and stormed through the front door. Inside they found the corpse of the dead king, apparently killed so he couldn't give away information, as a copy of the speech in his hand implied. The king's speech, read alongside his will, claimed that subversive groups in the government were manipulating the country, from before the royalist period to now and that he was trying to defeat them for the people. While not everyone agreed with this explanation, in fact very few did, his will called upon the Pacifican people "to forgive each other and all free peoples of the world to build a better world, full of peace and brotherly love for one another." The will also provided for a constitutional convention, the sixth one in Pacifican history, to change the government and to reform it, "for freedom of speech and thought for all" and resignation letters for the king's cabinet and legislature. It is likely that new politicians will bring a return to policies and traditions from before the age of Mobius. Several new political parties have also emerged out this vacuum. Time will tell what will happen in Pacifican, but what is certain is that there will be a radical change in government.

The riots have largely ended now, because even as the king was in low popularity at the end of his life, his martyrdom and universal love among his people was still pretty high. When he told them to stop fighting, they do. (OOC-like in Thailand)
musashisamurai

Postby chrisman39 » 10 Aug 2014, 20:07

Why would the killers leave the speech though
chrisman39
Premium Member