Federation of United Nations (F.U.N.)

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: Federation of United Nations (F.U.N.)

Postby mat.gopack » 16 Dec 2019, 22:19

jonisilk wrote:The PCG seconds this motion.

We are deeply concerned at recent events in Central America and believe the international community has a moral duty to address these most recent aggressions from the Holy Empire.

The UMC agrees with the PCG's statement on the issue. We would suggest that we start investigating methods in which the international community can react appropriately to the unprovoked aggression of the Asterian Empire.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Subotai45 » 31 Mar 2020, 04:07

The Federation proposes the creation of an International Criminal Court to try those accused of genocide and other crimes against humanity.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby Subotai45 » 31 Oct 2020, 15:41

Could we get a revamp of the members' list? There's a big old chunk of countries that don't exist anymore on the list, and some that do.

I resubmit this bill:
The Federation proposes the creation of an International Criminal Court to try those accused of genocide and other crimes against humanity.

With the addition:
"Added to the list of crimes against humanity will be consuming any sentient being or their young."
Subotai45

Postby kingpie3 » 03 Nov 2020, 02:49

OOC: I'll PM Jon to see if he's willing to make some updates on the OP

IG: The Consortium endorses the Federation's bill, but takes issue with its additional condemnation of the consumption of sentient young. This aspect of the bill must be better defined, as in some cultures the eating of other culture's eggs is considered a delicacy. The cultural traditions of a nation need not be compromised in this regard.
The Techabaun Federation in CYOC

Unless both sides win, no agreement can be permanent.
- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Subotai45 » 03 Nov 2020, 03:55

It should go without saying that this bill was fairly specifically targeted at the widespread illegal consumption of Venusian eggs. This is the sole socially acceptable variety of cannibalism extant in the world today, and ought to be wholly unacceptable in civilized society. The "cultural traditions" of a nation do not include the right to consume another nation's young.
Subotai45

Postby beadsman » 03 Nov 2020, 20:10

Ceona condemns the consumption of Venusian eggs under any circumstances. While many things can be protected under the cultural umbrella, according to the People of Ceona, cannibalism of any kind is not one of those things. We hereby give our full support to the proposed amendment.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1605)

Postby jonisilk » 09 Nov 2020, 16:07

Subotai45 wrote:Could we get a revamp of the members' list? There's a big old chunk of countries that don't exist anymore on the list, and some that do.

I resubmit this bill:

With the addition:
"Added to the list of crimes against humanity will be consuming any sentient being or their young."

hi guys, I've just revamped the members list, but let me know if I've missed someone.

I am still hanging about, sorry I've not posted for a while though.

Will post something soon, but the most notable thing to happen is that Darius ap Sazi, accepted a rebirth and broke with tradition by seeking re-election as president.

Though a break with tradition (he is half-Baunari), it went over well with the general populace, who were glad to have him at the helm for longer than anticipated. Following a century of peace and stability, the hope is that he can continue to lead the Corporation through at least another.
The enemies of my enemies are not necessarily my friend, but they may still be useful.

Member of the Classicists.
jonisilk

Standard rating: (1312)
All-game rating: (1427)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Subotai45 » 11 Nov 2020, 17:42

I count three votes for the establishment of the ICC. Two for the Venusian Egg clause, one against.

I don't recall if we have absolute majority or unanimity as the standard for voting here, but if we get one more vote for ICC and two more for Venusian Eggs we would have majorities and could slam it home.
Subotai45

Postby MinnesotanKaiser » 12 Nov 2020, 15:10

I’ll vote in favor of both
"Living by faith includes the call to something greater than cowardly self preservation."
MinnesotanKaiser

Standard rating: (945)
All-game rating: (947)

Postby jonisilk » 12 Nov 2020, 20:01

The PCG also votes in favour of both
The enemies of my enemies are not necessarily my friend, but they may still be useful.

Member of the Classicists.
jonisilk

Standard rating: (1312)
All-game rating: (1427)

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country