CYOC list of Public Technologies (WIP)

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: Zander, chrisman39, mat.gopack

CYOC list of Public Technologies (WIP)

Postby mat.gopack » 18 Jul 2014, 18:08

A list of technologies that all players have access to.

-Any 2017 (aka, existing in RL today) tech is well known to all.

Space
*Antimatter Engines: Sublight engines, developed by the Terran Pact, with a max velocity of .6c, and a max acceleration able to get from earth to venus in 8 days.
*Warp Engines: Warp engines, developed by Mattopia, Mobius, and (now) New Hope. Max apparent speed of: 20c for commercial drives, 25c for military drives, 28c for courier/experimental small ships. (note- went up since the original development due to refinements by use).
Asteroid mining: Ships, and techniques, able to mine and take advantage of asteroid mining.
Life Support/Stations: Ability to build large space stations and have them be self sustaining (for air/water)
Radiation Shielding: Basic 'shielding' that blocks space radiation/tiny particles (part of the sublight engines)
Space weaponry: Variations of lasers, railguns, and missiles for use in space.

Military
Railguns: Advanced railguns, as powerful kinetic weaponry. Roughly equivalent to Mattibean railgun technology level. Includes small (rifle sized), medium (tank weapons sized), and large (battleship/spaceship heavy weapons).
Coilguns: Decent coilguns, a variation of kinetic weaponry.
Lasers: Advanced lasers, able to be used as powerful energy weaponry. Roughly equivalent to standard Mattibean laser technology. Includes small (rifle sized), medium (tank weapons sized), and large (battleship/spaceship heavy weapons).
EMP protection: Basic EMP protection for military-grade units
Combat Suits: Good armored combat suits, enhancing speed & power of the user, as well as firepower. Roughly the level of an IHES-IV suit from Venus.
terrasubs: 'Subs' that move through earth instead of water
active camo: First generation stealth suits, that use active camo to blend in with the background.
Plasma Shielding: advanced plasma shielding, able to be placed on tank sized units, or scaled up all the way to protect a city. Roughly even with Venusian plasma shielding technology at that size.
Missiles: Advanced missiles, as long ranged guided weaponry. Roughly equivalent to standard Venusian missile technology. Includes small (eg: gunship launchers), medium (eg: short ranged anti-naval missiles), and large (eg: long ranged anti-naval missiles, ICBMs)

Industry & Biotech & Misc
Biotechnology: Able to do medium bioengineering on humans (expensive, heavy adjustment of traits. Cheap before birth, slight adjustments of traits). Can design and produce simple variations of animals or plants
Advanced medicine: Civilian medicine, able to cure cancer & most regular diseases
Robotic Machinery: Automatized machinery, more advanced than 2014, for use in factories.
Radiation eating bacteria: Bacteria, developed & given by Pacifica, that eat radiation (from nukes, for example)
Holograms: Ability to create/display hologram projectors
Regenerative Wiring: Wires and electronic parts that can regenerate over time after being frayed, burned, broken or cut. They are also heavily resistant to the effects of electromagnets, and are therefore useful for both military and civilian appliances.
Smart Cells: Biological cells that regrow tissues and body parts. Tested to be completely non-cancerous.
Nutri-Patches: A patch that is placed on the skin which absorbs nutrients, calories, and other necessary supplements into the body - keeps the user hungerless and healthy.
Medical Administration Cloth: These are clothes that have been modified with electronics and other necessary matierals to help out in times of medical emergencies. They can monitor vitals & communicate with doctors, administer disinfectant, pain killer and basic medications, close small skin cuts, wounds and stitch them up, administer tissue regrowth, administer organ regrowth.
Farming: Good farming techniques, including efficient hydroponics, excellent GMOs, and water saving techniques.
Industry: Advanced industrial techniques, with highly automated factories, mining, and refining techniques.
Computers: advanced computers, with powerful supercomputers
Basic Repulsortech: Basic repulsor technology, which allows for the creation of flying/floating cars, tanks, and other similar vehicles - but it's not the most efficient, using plenty of energy/space. Powerful batteries or power generation is required for the use of these. (From the UMC)

To be continued...

Previously:
A proposed Public Technology post (for all players to have, including new ones)

-Any 2014 (aka, existing in RL today) tech is well known to all.

Space
*Antimatter Engines: Sublight engines, developed by the Terran Pact, with a max velocity of .6c, and a max acceleration of 2m/s^2(this acceleration gets from earth to mars in ~ 8 days, and gets to the max velocity in ~3 years)
*Warp Engines: Warp engines, developed by Mattopia, Mobius, and (now) New Hope. Max apparent speed of: 20c for commercial drives, 25c for military drives, 28c for courier/experimental small ships. (note- went up since the original development due to refinements by use).
Basic asteroid mining: Ships, and techniques, able to mine and take advantage of asteroid mining.
Life Support/Stations: Ability to build large space stations and have them be self sustaining (for air/water)
Radiation Shielding: Basic 'shielding' that blocks space radiation/tiny particles (part of the sublight engines)
Basic space weaponry: First generation space weaponry- adapting railguns to space, low ranged missiles, and lasers

Military
Railguns: Basic railguns (range of ~250 km)
Coilguns: Basic coilguns
Lasers: Basic laser weaponry (large, unwieldy, useful for shooting down missiles, or lightly armored vehicles)
EMP protection: Basic EMP protection for military-grade units
Combat Suits: First generation armored combat suits, enhancing speed & power of the user, as well as firepower. Relatively unsophisticated.
terrasubs: 'Subs' that move through earth instead of water
active camo: First generation stealth suits, that use active camo to blend in with the background.
Light Shielding: First generation plasma shields- big, bulky, can't be moved. Good for defending static objects (aka, cities). Can withstand ~10 MT of attack before collapsing, which can vary.

Industry & Biotech & Misc
First Level Biotechnology: Able to do light bioengineering on humans (expensive, before birth slight 'enhancement' of skills). Decent biotech on plants/animals
Advanced medicine: Civilian medicine, able to cure cancer & most regular diseases
Robotic Machinery: Automatized machinery, more advanced than 2014, for use in factories.
Radiation eating bacteria: Bacteria, developed & given by Pacifica, that eat radiation (from nukes, for example)
Holograms: Ability to create/display hologram projectors
Regenerative Wiring: Wires and electronic parts that can regenerate over time after being frayed, burned, broken or cut. They are also heavily resistant to the effects of electromagnets, and are therefore useful for both military and civilian appliances.
Smart Cells: Biological cells that regrow tissues and body parts. Tested to be completely non-cancerous.
Nutri-Patches: A patch that is placed on the skin which absorbs nutrients, calories, and other necessary supplements into the body - keeps the user hungerless and healthy.
Medical Administration Cloth: These are clothes that have been modified with electronics and other necessary matierals to help out in times of medical emergencies. They can monitor vitals & communicate with doctors, administer disinfectant, pain killer and basic medications, close small skin cuts, wounds and stitch them up, administer tissue regrowth, administer organ regrowth.

To be continued...
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: CYOC list of Public Technologies (WIP)

Postby mat.gopack » 18 Jul 2014, 18:14

notes- I'll put in extra replies whenever I update something. Discussion/ideas are good, since it's for all of us :D

If anyone has 'donated' techs, feel free to share them here and I'll add them.

Finally, discussion of precise numbers for spaceships would be useful- max speed is simple (.6c from the terran pact ships), but acceleration is more of an issue. I couldn't find any solid accelerations (other than mine, which are still tentative!). The only non-Mattopian acceleration figure I could find was an impossible one from term (
Type A2 "Sprint-class" RTV (TA2RTV): It is quite fast, with quite a lot of acceleration and maximum velocity. Its interplanetary real space engines can travel a distance of one and a half parsecs in 5 years' time; while its warp drive gives it a speed of 35c.
- 1.5 parsecs is 4.8 ly, so it can accelerate from 0 to .96c instantly, or it can go above 1c- both evidently impossible...). I welcome any ideas on it, and having us all have a general idea/accel knowledge would be nice.

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Postby musashisamurai » 18 Jul 2014, 23:46

I think some of the venusians have accelerations listed. Thanks for reminding me about that though. I'm currently drafting a huge military document for GoogleDocs, listing my techs, equipment, numbers, and deployments. As wella s other descriptions (of units or training or whatever)

Also-a tech available to all: Rad-scrubbing bacteria. I developed it, centuries ago now (post-Pinelands War, Nov 2012ish). In teh conflicts that have followed, it has seen much use globally, been sold to several countries and probably should have spread everywhere on earth by now anyways. Remember, I pretty much covered North America with them after the NYE-Tejano War, as compensation.

Anyways other techs to be considered, in order of probability:
Automation (like basic automation in factories or better robots that 2014 ones)

Cloaking or active camo possibly??

Biotech? Aka genetic engineering?

Possibly some type of basic shielding?
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby mat.gopack » 18 Jul 2014, 23:56

All those techs will be included (although not sure what level for shielding)

I thought they were just using the accel I'd posted for the mattopian manufactories ships they'd bought, but... I'd still like a general agreement on the range we have of accel in cyoc

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Postby Geonosis70 » 19 Jul 2014, 00:06

I'm OK with most of these, except for the cloaking one.
What level of cloaking is this? Because Nar and I have some pretty good cloaking, and I'm thinking the level given to the new players should be less awesome.
PM me for eu4 strats
Geonosis70

Postby musashisamurai » 19 Jul 2014, 00:13

giumarello70 wrote:I'm OK with most of these, except for the cloaking one.
What level of cloaking is this? Because Nar and I have some pretty good cloaking, and I'm thinking the level given to the new players should be less awesome.

I hate to break it to you...but every single one of the active players around has cloaking tech. Most of them since before you were a country...thats kinda the point for all these techs...
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Postby Geonosis70 » 19 Jul 2014, 00:17

musashisamurai wrote:
giumarello70 wrote:I'm OK with most of these, except for the cloaking one.

I hate to break it to you...but every single one of the active players around has cloaking tech. Most of them since before you were a country...thats kinda the point for all these techs...

I realize that, but that's not saying much. All of you have been around for longer than I have been a country, but for me, this game has kinda just begun, and you're turning all the work I've done while here into public knowledge!
PM me for eu4 strats
Geonosis70

Postby musashisamurai » 19 Jul 2014, 00:21

When did you start playing?
musashisamurai

Postby mat.gopack » 19 Jul 2014, 00:31

Cloaking tech here will be basic- just visual. I forget who has full on cloaking here :P

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Postby musashisamurai » 19 Jul 2014, 00:39

mat.gopack wrote:Cloaking tech here will be basic- just visual. I forget who has full on cloaking here :P

I do.
musashisamurai

Next

Return to Create Your Own Country